ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family member of EEA National for British citizen applicatio

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsuedv
Newly Registered

Family member of EEA National for British citizen applicatio

Post by bsuedv » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:51 am

Hi all, I currently hold an IRL (through work permit route) and will be applying for British citizenship. I had two quick questions:

1) Question 2.4: My son was born after I obtained IRL in Feb 2013 and therefore has a British passport so will I be a family member of EEA national and hence have to fill in the table just below question 2.4?

2) Regarding residence requirement: I came to the UK in 2007 on getting a job offer (obtained my IRL through work permit route). Do I need to put absences in the last 5 years from date of application or include absences from 2007 (which would be greater than 5 years).

Many thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:33 am

1. Not relevant to your application. Just skip this section.
2. 5 years only.

cricinfo

Re: Family member of EEA National for British citizen applic

Post by cricinfo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:33 am

bsuedv wrote:Hi all, I currently hold an IRL (through work permit route) and will be applying for British citizenship. I had two quick questions:

1) Question 2.4: My son was born after I obtained IRL in Feb 2013 and therefore has a British passport so will I be a family member of EEA national and hence have to fill in the table just below question 2.4?

2) Regarding residence requirement: I came to the UK in 2007 on getting a job offer (obtained my IRL through work permit route). Do I need to put absences in the last 5 years from date of application or include absences from 2007 (which would be greater than 5 years).

Many thanks,
1. No

2. Last 5 years only

bsuedv
Newly Registered

Post by bsuedv » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks both, much appreciated!