ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qualify for an extension with a conviction?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrdell80
Newly Registered

Do I qualify for an extension with a conviction?

Post by mrdell80 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi All,

I am a spouse of a T1G applicant. We have our visa extension coming up on 9-July-2013.

I have been convicted by the court for travelling on the underground without paying a fare. The sentence a fine on 22-03-2012. I had not attended the court.

I have read the new rules regarding the "Part 9 - General grounds for the refusal" but I have some confusion when I read replies and questions of other members.

So my question - Do I qualify for an extension? Its more than 12 months since the conviction and less than 24 months.

Thanks

Unrip
Newly Registered

Post by Unrip » Sat May 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Just join our discussion here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 994#836994

You are dependant though which is good for you. As for me it is very likely your visa will be extended in this case. Also the nature of your criminal conviction is not that rough, some lawyers say that visa officers often take it into consideration.

mrdell80
Newly Registered

Post by mrdell80 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks Unrip. So what is the conclusion? will the extension be a problem for dependents with minor offences?

Unrip
Newly Registered

Post by Unrip » Wed May 08, 2013 5:24 pm

I would say no, you should be ok

mrdell80
Newly Registered

Post by mrdell80 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks Unrip.

I would also love to hear from anyone who has been thru this.

Thanks.

mrdell80
Newly Registered

Post by mrdell80 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Just to conclude. I mentioned the offence in my T1G dependent ext app and I got my ext without any problems.

sunymalik

Post by sunymalik » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:11 am

[quote="mrdell80"]Just to conclude. I mentioned the offence in my T1G dependent ext app and I got my ext without any problems.[/quote]

Hi,

I have applied for TIER 1 General Extension but unfortunately got refused under paragraph 322(1A), due to non declare of criminal conviction which was material to the application and ECO also mentioned that you have used deception in application.

They have given me right of appeal and I lodged my appeal on 10th of May 2013 and waiting for hearing date.

Now the reason why I did not disclose criminal conviction, Because I thought my conviction has been spent.

Now little bit history, As I had an accident on 1st November 2008 and I got penalty 3 Points and £615 Fine from court on 23rd December 2009 due to driving without other than license.

Thereafter, I applied for PSW in May 2010 after completing my Master degree and I did mention in the application form that I have 3 points and £615 court fine which I have paid (court fine) already and successfully got PSW.

Then in 2011 April, I applied for Tier 1 General, and I did mention again in the application form that I have 3 points and £615 court fine which I have paid (court fine) already and successfully got Tier 1 General.

Now this time in April 2013 when I applied for Tier 1 General Extension I did not mention because in the application form it was written criminal conviction which spent do not need to disclose, I contacted DVLA about my penalty points they said my points has been removed in November 2012 and my licence is clean, So I thought my conviction is over.

This was the only reason I did not mention my criminal conviction. Otherwise I would definitely declare.

I need your advice if any one can guide me would appreciate.

Thanks

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi sunymalik, would hope to find a bit more about your experience, just wonder if you submit your application by post or in person, and it would be much grateful if you could kindly advice on the timeline of your applciation. Thanks.