ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brij4134

naturalisation

Post by brij4134 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:27 pm

To start with great salute to creator of this forum and big thanks to all Gurus, Moderators and each and every one who share their experience and advice for other people without any personal gain.

I had ILR approved on 1st November 2012 and eligible for naturalisation after one year which is 1st November 2013. Due to coming changes from 28 October 2013 we need to pass additional test for it.
Is there any rule that we can apply before 28 / 14 days?
OR
It will be full one year required after ILR when we make application for naturalisation.

Anyone can help please comment on my question.

Many thanks
Brij

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:32 pm

There is no 28 day concession for naturalisation. You will have to wait a full 12 months before you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brij4134

naturalisation

Post by brij4134 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:20 pm

CR001 wrote:There is no 28 day concession for naturalisation. You will have to wait a full 12 months before you apply.

Thanks for your email. We applied ILR on 1st November 2012 and passed Life in UK test that time.

I am not sure about
Can we apply naturalisation after 1st November 2013 with out any additional English exam
or
we need to pass English ESOL Level 3 and submit with Life in UK test which already passed last year.

Any comment welcome please.

Thanks again.
Brij

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am

Do you/your partner have a degree taught in English that is comparable to a UK degree?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:11 am

D4109125 wrote:Do you/your partner have a degree taught in English that is comparable to a UK degree?
I needed to find answer to a followup question - how do I go about determining if a degree from India (Miranda House - Delhi Univ) is comparable to UK degree? Language test is no problem however the bureaucratic hurdles (appointments, documents, test taking, or even attending courses etc) I don't quite fancy.

Thanks
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:13 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Do you/your partner have a degree taught in English that is comparable to a UK degree?
I needed to find answer to a followup question - how do I go about determining if a degree from India (Miranda House - Delhi Univ) is comparable to UK degree? Language test is no problem however the bureaucratic hurdles (appointments, documents, test taking, or even attending courses etc) I don't quite fancy.

Thanks
By using NARIC (click) and asking for a statement of comparability.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks for the NARIC direction. I am assuming it is going to be English Language Assessment -
UK NARIC's English Language Assessment provides an assessment and a statement:

•to confirm whether an individual's approved English language test meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1)
•to confirm whether your degree has been taught in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1).
Please advise if I am headed in the right direction.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:33 am

No, you need the statement of comparability (click) the proof that the degree was taught in English should come in letter form from the institution that awarded the degree together with the degree certificate.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks amber

brij4134

naturalisation after 28 October 2013

Post by brij4134 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi Guru,

What about below link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ation/kol/

It shows as below:
You can demonstrate your knowledge of language and life in the UK in three ways:
1.If you speak English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic to a reasonable standard, you will need to pass the 'Life in the UK test'.
2.If you do not have sufficient knowledge of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic, you will need to take and pass an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) course in English and citizenship.
3.If you passed the Life in the UK test or completed an ESOL course to meet the 'knowledge of language and life' requirement when you applied for settlement, you will not need to show that you meet this requirement again. Simply tick the appropriate box in section 1.22 of the application form.

No.3 as above will not help us after 28 October 2013 because we already submitted Life in UK at the time of ILR.

Any way you asked about degree for me or my wife - we do not have any bachelor degree which studied in English.

Any comment welcome please.

Thanks
Brij

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:59 pm

19 April 2013

From 28 October 2013, unless they are exempt, all applicants for settlement or naturalisation as a British citizen will need to meet the knowledge of language and life requirement by:

passing the life in the UK test; and
having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ettlement1

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Thanks
Another way to find is by using point based calculator. Try for T1G Extension scenariao... Enter your degree information.. proceed to English language points scoring.. if UKBA has data about your degree, it will tell you whether you can score 10 point on that degree for language.

If it's listed for 10 points on points calculator.. you don't need to goto NARIC..

brij4134

naturalisation

Post by brij4134 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 pm

D4109125 wrote:19 April 2013

From 28 October 2013, unless they are exempt, all applicants for settlement or naturalisation as a British citizen will need to meet the knowledge of language and life requirement by:

passing the life in the UK test; and
having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ettlement1
Thanks for your comments.