ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under tier 1 general

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jeremy001181

ILR under tier 1 general

Post by jeremy001181 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:06 am

Hi All

I am currently holding tier 1 general, I plan to apply ILR on 02 Sep 2013, following is a google doc I created that contains all my major activity records during the 5 years

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

First question:

In the doc, the third absence (02/08/2010-14/08/2010) was during my career break because I changed my job from Company A to B, so I thought I could went home to see my family during that gap, but where can I get evidence for that period? as I wasn't employed.

second question:

Do I need to get all five P60s? If so , does it mean that I need to wait until my next P60 arrived (05 April 2014)?

Many thanks

Ming

newbie_2013

Re: ILR under tier 1 general

Post by newbie_2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 am

jeremy001181 wrote:Hi All

I am currently holding tier 1 general, I plan to apply ILR on 02 Sep 2013, following is a google doc I created that contains all my major activity records during the 5 years

First question:

In the doc, the third absence (02/08/2010-14/08/2010) was during my career break because I changed my job from Company A to B, so I thought I could went home to see my family during that gap, but where can I get evidence for that period? as I wasn't employed.

second question:

Do I need to get all five P60s? If so , does it mean that I need to wait until my next P60 arrived (05 April 2014)?

Many thanks

Ming

Answer to first question: You can just submit a personal letter for that 3rd absence. But you dont have to worry about absences as all your absences are below the threshold.

Answer to second question: NO NEED TO SUBMIT P60s. Just carry them with you during the application process thats all.

thanks

londener

Post by londener » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:08 am

Answer to first question ,
Does your passport contain departure and arrival date ? . Just copy them and have with you no need to submit , or you must have a travel ticket ? . A passport record is sufficient.

Answer to the second question: you necessarily need not wait until April 2014 if you have previous 4 years p60.If not have anyone just ask HMRC an employment history letter which arrives within two weeks time. In this case better to submit to claim that you are economically active for 5 years,also would suggest to write on your cover letter.
You are in a very comfortable zone so no worry.
believe in yourself !!!

jeremy001181

Re: ILR under tier 1 general

Post by jeremy001181 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks mate, what shall I say in the personal letter?
newbie_2013 wrote:
jeremy001181 wrote:Hi All

First question:

second question:

Many thanks

Ming

Answer to first question: You can just submit a personal letter for that 3rd absence. But you dont have to worry about absences as all your absences are below the threshold.

Answer to second question: NO NEED TO SUBMIT P60s. Just carry them with you during the application process thats all.

thanks

jeremy001181

Post by jeremy001181 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 am

Yes, most of departure and arrival dates are clearly stamped includes this particular one, but several of them are hard to see.

And I do have flight ticket online booking confirmation emails in my inbox, can they be used as evidence?

So in my case, if I can get all pages that contain departure and arrival dates print out, and all online booking confirmation email print out, do I still need absence letter from my employer? I just feel not comfortable to talk to my previous employer.

londener wrote:Answer to first question ,
Does your passport contain departure and arrival date ? . Just copy them and have with you no need to submit , or you must have a travel ticket ? . A passport record is sufficient.

Answer to the second question: you necessarily need not wait until April 2014 if you have previous 4 years p60.If not have anyone just ask HMRC an employment history letter which arrives within two weeks time. In this case better to submit to claim that you are economically active for 5 years,also would suggest to write on your cover letter.
You are in a very comfortable zone so no worry.