ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Extension with Conditional Discharge

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1app

Tier 1 (General) Extension with Conditional Discharge

Post by tier1app » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi,

I initially granted my Tier 1 (General) Visa in 2008, and had extended once in 2011 (3+2.) As I didn't move to the U.K. till 2010, I am about to extend my visa for another 2 years through my current employer.

Unfortuately I was caught by TFL inspector at tube station attempting to travel on London Underground without having a previously paid fare of £4 in Aug 2012; which was a rather stupid mistake really. I plead guilty and apologised sincerely in court and was given a conditional discharge for this crimial offense, stating that as long as i do not commit an offence during the next 12 months from the date of the order (Feb 2013,) then I will not be punished.

I am applying in person and will disclose this court order under Section 2(E.) I am hoping to find out how likely this particilar crimial offense would cause my visa extension to be rejected? and if there is any additional information/action I should preare beforehand? Also what kind of legal advises would be required (if any) before or/and during the interview?

Your kind responses are much appreciated.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:38 pm

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 am

Hi, thanks for your response; I had already read the general ground on the ukba site but though 322(1C) applies to indefinite leave to enter or remain and it seems still a bit vague on the tier 1 extension (main appliant;) thus I was hoping to find out if there were any similar instances here, and if a solicitor's assistance is recommended in theis given situation?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 am

and it seems still a bit vague on the tier 1 extension (main appliant;)
There is nothing vague to me.

For T1G ext, if you have a conviction it is fine if you declare it regardless if you are a main/dep applicant.

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am

hi hussainkothari, thank you for making it very clear once again, so would you say it is not necessary for me to source solicitor then?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 am

thank you for making it very clear once again, so would you say it is not necessary for me to source solicitor then?
:-) very frankly I cannot tell you what you should do. We here can read and decipher the rules for you.

Ask us what doesn't make sense to you.

-H

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I would like to find out if anyone here were/are in similar shoes who had/has attended a PEO, and how likely would I be able to receive a decision from the caseworker on the day of the appointment?

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:04 am

YOU DONT NEED TO DECLARE IT AS THIS IS NOT A CONVICTION I WAS CAUTH AS WELL AND I DIDNT DECLARE THIS ON MY INITIAL APPLICATION AND GOT MY VISA...
Blocked Username

tier1app

[Update]

Post by tier1app » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:26 am

I decleared my offense; my extension application was submitted in person with the court letter of my conditional discharge. No question was asked and the visa was extended for 3 years.