ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anio

ILR Success - Croydon PEO

Post by Anio » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:58 am

My ILR application yesterday was successful.

It was a family application - 1 applicant + 3 dependants
Visas: 2yrs HSMP + 3 yrs Tier 1

I was a bit apprehensive about my absence from the UK before start of employment i.e unpaid leave - as one of the guidance docs implied that this would break continuous residence.

As per other's experience on the forum, I stated in my cover letter that I travelled for holidays whilst waiting for start date of my employment. My other absences were paid annual leave and covered by employer's letter.

The overall experience was same as has been described by others so will not bore you with details. Biometrics were done at 8.30am and case was decided by 11am. The BRP will be sent by post.

I cannot express my gratitude to members of this forum who at different times have responded to my questions (even though some were quite silly) and I wish those yet to apply all the best.

Thank you all for everything!! :D

aknight

Post by aknight » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 am

Congratulations!
I cannot express my gratitude to members of this forum who at different times have responded to my questions (even though some were quite silly) and I wish those yet to apply all the best.
You mean you wanted to express gratitude? :wink:

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:01 pm

congratulation
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Congrats

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success - Croydon PEO

Post by sonub4ualt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Anio wrote:My ILR application yesterday was successful.

It was a family application - 1 applicant + 3 dependants
Visas: 2yrs HSMP + 3 yrs Tier 1

I was a bit apprehensive about my absence from the UK before start of employment i.e unpaid leave - as one of the guidance docs implied that this would break continuous residence.

As per other's experience on the forum, I stated in my cover letter that I travelled for holidays whilst waiting for start date of my employment. My other absences were paid annual leave and covered by employer's letter.

The overall experience was same as has been described by others so will not bore you with details. Biometrics were done at 8.30am and case was decided by 11am. The BRP will be sent by post.

Thank you all for everything!! :D
Hi Anio,

Congratulations for ur ILR, Just wanna know did u submit P60's and employer letter?

pavan_fb

Post by pavan_fb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Hey Anio,

Firstly Congrats, Could you please mention the list of documents you took with you along with cohabitation proof?

Thanks,
Pav

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 am

aknight wrote:Congratulations!
You mean you wanted to express gratitude? :wink:
:lol: I was overwhelmed!! Please substitute the 'I' for 'Words' :D

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:11 am

@sonub4ualt

No I didn't submit P60s, I had more docs than was requested i.e payslips, employer's letter and bank statements. Either Payslips or employer's letter would have been adequate with the bank statement.

I had my 5 years P60s with me in case they asked....

@pavan_fb

Here's the list of docs I submitted:
1. Cover Letter
2. Personal Statement on Absences
3. Current & Previous Passports for Main Applicant and Dependants
4. Cohabitation Docs
5. Letter from Employer (stating my role, start of employment, still required for the job, gross and net pay for most recent 12 months, absence from UK). I drafted this myself and they were so kind to oblige.
6. Payslips
7. Bank Statements
8. Life in UK Test - Self & Spouse
9. Documents for Period before Tier 1 Grant of Leave
- cover note outlining the points I met and stating what evidence has been provided.
- Tier 1 Approval Letter
- Payslips and Bank Statements from previous application
- Original Degree Cert.
- HSMP Approval Letter which accepted my degree cert and level of English
10. Letter from Children's School stating they have been attending school since Jan 2009.
11. Marriage Certificate
12. Birth Certificates
...and application form of course :D

Cohabitation Docs Submitted
- 3 different Credit card statements
- Pension Statement (Scottish Widows)
- 3 Mobile Bill
- T Mobile Bill
- DVLA tax disc reminder
- TV License
- Car Insurance renewal notice
- Postal Poll Card
- Council tax bill
- Water Bill

Only 2 documents were in joint names, so most of the above were either in mine/ spouse's name but we made sure to provide an item for each 4 monthly period of the year. My Tier 1 extension was granted in 2010 so docs provided were for 2011 and 2012 only.

I hope the above helps!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks for the info Anio.

mathewp
Newly Registered

Post by mathewp » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:15 am

[quote="Anio"]@sonub4ualt

No I didn't submit P60s, I had more docs than was requested i.e payslips, employer's letter and bank statements. Either Payslips or employer's letter would have been adequate with the bank statement.

I had my 5 years P60s with me in case they asked....

@pavan_fb

Here's the list of docs I submitted:
1. Cover Letter
2. Personal Statement on Absences
3. Current & Previous Passports for Main Applicant and Dependants
4. Cohabitation Docs
5. Letter from Employer (stating my role, start of employment, still required for the job, gross and net pay for most recent 12 months, absence from UK). I drafted this myself and they were so kind to oblige.
6. Payslips
7. Bank Statements
8. Life in UK Test - Self & Spouse
9. Documents for Period before Tier 1 Grant of Leave
- cover note outlining the points I met and stating what evidence has been provided.
- Tier 1 Approval Letter
- Payslips and Bank Statements from previous application
- Original Degree Cert.
- HSMP Approval Letter which accepted my degree cert and level of English
10. Letter from Children's School stating they have been attending school since Jan 2009.
11. Marriage Certificate
12. Birth Certificates
...and application form of course :D

Cohabitation Docs Submitted
- 3 different Credit card statements
- Pension Statement (Scottish Widows)
- 3 Mobile Bill
- T Mobile Bill
- DVLA tax disc reminder
- TV License
- Car Insurance renewal notice
- Postal Poll Card
- Council tax bill
- Water Bill

Only 2 documents were in joint names, so most of the above were either in mine/ spouse's name but we made sure to provide an item for each 4 monthly period of the year. My Tier 1 extension was granted in 2010 so docs provided were for 2011 and 2012 only.

I hope the above helps![/quote

Hi, Can you please explain more on what you wrote in the cover letter and in personal statement on absences.