ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport - application help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drpbalaji1960

british passport - application help

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 am

Hi All
i'm filling in the application for my son to get british passport. i would be grateful if someone could advice reagarding the application.

In section 4 it asks for grandparents details. am i right that i do need to fill in both mine and my wife's parents details. do i need to attach a separate paper to give all these details.

Thanks for your advice.

NB- my newborn eligible for british passport as both parents are on ILR at the time of birth.

Balaji

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: british passport - application help

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:47 am

drpbalaji1960 wrote:Hi All
i'm filling in the application for my son to get british passport. i would be grateful if someone could advice reagarding the application.

In section 4 it asks for grandparents details. am i right that i do need to fill in both mine and my wife's parents details. do i need to attach a separate paper to give all these details.

Thanks for your advice.

NB- my newborn eligible for british passport as both parents are on ILR at the time of birth.

Balaji

If somewhere something is asked, and you have the information, then whats the problem or harm providing that information. :wink:

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 am

It is not required. I was in the exact same situation and I did not provide details of my son's grandparents. There were no issues with the application and I received my son's passport very quickly.

drpbalaji1960

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:23 pm

Royal flush: thanks very much for your reply.
Balaji

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:29 pm

You are most welcome Balaji. Good luck