ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2/1 for EEA national studying

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nemerkh

EEA2/1 for EEA national studying

Post by nemerkh » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello
Cant find enough info about this.
If my wife go to full time studies at a college (eu cotizen), and am her non eu family member, emplyed, is there anything in particular we need to provide to get the 5 yrs permit? We are in no way a burden to the society, and we have joint accounts. Obviously we will be paying for the study fees from what i earn;
Do we need to show that my wife has got funds or will a joint bank account statement be enough? Are there any pitfalls in applying for eeas as a student? Thanks.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 pm

If you have joint account then why don't you make your EEA national partner self sufficient to exercise treaty rights and simply buy private medical insurance.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Well, she is gonna be studying hence i want the proper status. With self sufficient is it that straightforward? I mean dont you have to show that she has got a big amount of income coming to her from somewhere? What are the requirements?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:45 pm

I would think it is easier to be a student than self sufficient. As long as the institution is recognised, all that she needs is:
* letter from college/university
* a signed declaration from her that she has enough funds and will not be a burden of the state. (There is no requirement to support this statement by any evidence)
* health insurance to cover her only.

This all is listed on the EEA2 form.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:53 pm

I mean practically am emplyed by the nhs for more than 5 yrs. our eea3/4 for pr have been cocked up due to insufficient evidence of selfemployment. We r now appealing thru a solicitor but i have a feeling we might lose that. Anyways my wofe was thinking to study. But we have a joint account woth her. We can get the sickness cover. In case we need to apply for another 5 yrs whats the nest option?? Self suffi or studying? I think we can do it eother ways. We have no benefits or anything like that and i would say we r comfortable with my wages.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:00 pm

nemerkh wrote:Well, she is gonna be studying hence i want the proper status. With self sufficient is it that straightforward? I mean dont you have to show that she has got a big amount of income coming to her from somewhere? What are the requirements?
There is no earning/balance limit rather the funds access to EEA national is imperative which can be demonstrated with joint account. Remember, whichever mode of treaty rights an EEA national exercise if backed by relevant proofs/documents will be straightforward.
REGARDS

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 pm

nemerkh wrote:Well, she is gonna be studying hence i want the proper status. With self sufficient is it that straightforward? I mean dont you have to show that she has got a big amount of income coming to her from somewhere? What are the requirements?
Self-sufficient may be complicated.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:53 pm

It would seem to me, that in the circumstance of this case, that both option seems similar. I accept that if OP is going as self-sufficient, he will have to show that he is in employment, and that his wife has access to the funds that he holds, for student he will need to show it as well, or in the alternative he will need to assure the secretary of state that he will be self sufficient, or has sufficient resource.

Both categories of people will in theory be required to demonstrate self sufficiency , just in different ways.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Many thanks Obie to explain it in deeper sense.
REGARDS

stefancamargo

Post by stefancamargo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:00 am

I am thinking about applying as a student for my non-eu wife (i am italian in a part-time master´s course), but i am really afraid. The information about the declaration of funds seems o me quite wierd. Can i really state that I have this funds without prooving it? was there any refusal for doing this? I mean, I don´t have enough money for both of us in my account for 2 years. this wourl require a lot! I have been working for 2 months but my employer didn´t give me a letter, a contract so far, he doesn´t want to sign the form and the 2 payslips didn´t come with my insurance number. I am about to quit this job because I can´t stand it anymore, and find another one... I know I can find very soon because I have experience but my wife´s code 1A expires in 2 months. So I am a little bit scared. In case we are running out of money my parentes from abroad would definitely cover our expenses until I find another job. So, If I get CSI and sign a declaration showing our joint accounts, will all that be enough?

stefancamargo

Post by stefancamargo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:00 am

many thanks in advance