ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:40 pm

winners wrote:
ali90 wrote:hi everyone got good and bad and confusing news today

first of all me and my family had section 4 support tribunal hearing today because HO wanted to discontinue our support. they withdrew their decision at the last moment lol literally 2 mins before the hearing time. they wasted all the money on our travel tickets and that.

but here is the confusing news.
1st regarding my sister. we sent more documents when they asked for more for her flr(O). it was receieved by them exactly on the date they said so it wasnt late. the issue is that the HO rep spoke to us today and said that her flro was refused because they didnt get the more evidence they asked for but we have proof that we sent it. so hopefully that will help us.

now 2nd regarding me.. they have completely asked for different documents from me. i am 23 i had 3 year gap from age of 8 till 11. was born in uk but they have asked me for documents to prove last 19years of residence in the uk. i dont have all the proof because of that 3 year gap and before age of 8 was really small. when dad took us out of country we didnt know that we will be back . so dont have documents before age 8 except the birth certificate and the appeals which my parents sent that time with me as kid in it. would that help at all? and also can get supportings letters from family and friends who were in the country that time and used to spend time with

is my case worker considering me under flro or maybe ILR if asking for 19years proof. and also they had sent the letter 12 days ago but neither i or the representative received it until i spoke to the HO lady at the hearing and only got till monday now.
Gp records would help like immunisation you took till 8 yrs while here and school records till age 8, you can go to your borough education department to track your record while you are in the school, should if you still not get any help from that school you attended then,
To the best of my knowledge i dont see how you're going to prove or beat UKBA without the documents they asked for.
i have letter from gp which states that i was registered there from 1990 (birth) till around 97/98. i went school for only few years because i think when our assylum was refused my parents took me out of school but the lawyer made appeals till 1996/97 i think and home office has record of it and i was part of that application. i had all the injections you get as new born and that. i also have letters from people who i knew that time. i cant try to contact schools and gps because i have to send the proofs by monday as i got the letter today with luck so dont have enough time. i have solid proof for after 2001 till now thats like 12 years on its own and also birth certificate 1990 and then gp till 1997. and also supporting letters

do you think they are thinking of giving me ILR or FLR if they asking me for 19 years proof when i have clearly stated in application that there was break in middle of 3 years and where my father took us out of country by his choice

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:42 pm

GodGives wrote:

first of all me and my family had section 4 support tribunal hearing today because HO wanted to discontinue our support. they withdrew their decision at the last moment lol literally 2 mins before the hearing time. they wasted all the money on our travel tickets and that.

1st regarding my sister. we sent more documents when they asked for more for her flr(O). it was receieved by them exactly on the date they said so it wasnt late. the issue is that the HO rep spoke to us today and said that her flro was refused because they didnt get the more evidence they asked for but we have proof that we sent it. so hopefully that will help us.

now 2nd regarding me.. they have completely asked for different documents from me. i am 23 i had 3 year gap from age of 8 till 11. was born in uk but they have asked me for documents to prove last 19years of residence in the uk. i dont have all the proof because of that 3 year gap and before age of 8 was really small. when dad took us out of country we didnt know that we will be back . so dont have documents before age 8 except the birth certificate and the appeals which my parents sent that time with me as kid in it. would that help at all? and also can get supportings letters from family and friends who were in the country that time and used to spend time with

is my case worker considering me under flro or maybe ILR if asking for 19years proof. and also they had sent the letter 12 days ago but neither i or the representative received it until i spoke to the HO lady at the hearing and only got till monday now.
Send as many documents and pictures as you can. School, gp etc all the best
thanks need it all. i am bit in problem because i only have 3 days to send the documents in by because i got the letter today and the date to send in by is for monday and i dont know if my current lawyer will be able to do it on time. shall i do it all myself and explain everything properly in the letter if the lawyer cant do it

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Chidy wrote:Some information for those who have "Legacy" connection

The Born Again Legacy ?
i have legacy application outstanding with my flro can you tell me more about your information

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/07/ ... in-legacy/

i think you are talking about this not sure what it means but seems like a good hope especially the

Thus the Claimant had a legitimate expectation that his length of residence, of over 8 years, in the absence of any good and adverse reason to the contrary, would lead to a grant of leave to remain.

These practices and guidance essentially set out that those who had been living in the UK, whether legally or illegally, for at least 6 years should expect to be granted ILR unless they had a particularly bad record or adverse set of reasons to preclude a grant of ILR.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:21 pm

ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

thanks need it all. i am bit in problem because i only have 3 days to send the documents in by because i got the letter today and the date to send in by is for monday and i dont know if my current lawyer will be able to do it on time. shall i do it all myself and explain everything properly in the letter if the lawyer cant do it
you can send it your self by recorded delivery to the address on the letter they sent you. Tomorrow try and go to those places you can get more evidence from like ur school which u mentioned. You have to send it latest saturday to get to them by monday. U still have two more working days. Try ur best so u dont miss ur opportunity. All the best hun Ali
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:28 pm

GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

you can send it your self by recorded delivery to the address on the letter they sent you. Tomorrow try and go to those places you can get more evidence from like ur school which u mentioned. You have to send it latest saturday to get to them by monday. U still have two more working days. Try ur best so u dont miss ur opportunity. All the best hun Ali
the schools before 1998 were in london and i am in birmingham so wont be able to get anything but for after 2001 i have all the records of school with me

does anyone on here has information on that rule where there is a break in continuous period for more than 180days and they can make exception if they break wasnt voluntary or didnt knew that it would effect my requirements such as for british nationality which i would have got if i stayed in country for 2 more years

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm not one to moan but this is a general forum and if people want to send each other PMs by all means do so but please do it DISCREETLY rather than advertise or publicise the fact you have done so on the general part of the forum. Perhaps I am missing something? or Probably I am over reacting if so, my sincere apologies in advance. I needed to get it off my chest! If you feel hard done by my comments please feel free to respond as its not my intention to be confrontational or start a war of words . Its just many find this forum helpful not elitist or selective that's all.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:44 pm

ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
the schools before 1998 were in london and i am in birmingham so wont be able to get anything but for after 2001 i have all the records of school with me

does anyone on here has information on that rule where there is a break in continuous period for more than 180days and they can make exception if they break wasnt voluntary or didnt knew that it would effect my requirements such as for british nationality which i would have got if i stayed in country for 2 more years
GodGives has given you the advice any solicitor would give you. Home office wants what home office wants . Try to go to London or rather call the school and have them email you the documents signed and stamped. Family pictures before you left, GP letters or anything with official headed paper proving your existence before your father took you and your sister out. If you are trying to find a way round what they requested for, you are just asking for an automatic refusal. We are all praying for a successful application and by God's grace all will end well. Please don't come this far and to then trash your case by trying to look for plan B. so make that call plead, beg let them scan it to you or make your way down or whatever you need to do!!!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:49 pm

@summer and sdp thnks for your comment ..... am so sorry if i am over reacting or being a drama queen.. i am just human and having to wait so long is just depressin.i pray we all get positive outcomes in jesus name

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:50 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:

GodGives has given you the advice any solicitor would give you. Home office wants what home office wants . Try to go to London or rather call the school and have them email you the documents signed and stamped. Family pictures before you left, GP letters or anything with official headed paper proving your existence before your father took you and your sister out. If you are trying to find a way round what they requested for, you are just asking for an automatic refusal. We are all praying for a successful application and by God's grace all will end well. Please don't come this far and to then trash your case by trying to look for plan B. so make that call plead, beg let them scan it to you or make your way down or whatever you need to do!!!
i am not trying to find a plan B. i have pics of me with my relatives in uk before i left the uk and also have gp letter stating i was registered there till 1997. i am going to send every evidence i have. just wanted to find that exceptional circumstance of break in continous period just so the case worker knows all the information not only what he asked for because if he wants last 19 years than i cant provide all 19 as those 3 years were included in those last 19 years

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:06 pm

ali90 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

i am not trying to find a plan B. i have pics of me with my relatives in uk before i left the uk and also have gp letter stating i was registered there till 1997. i am going to send every evidence i have. just wanted to find that exceptional circumstance of break in continous period just so the case worker knows all the information not only what he asked for because if he wants last 19 years than i cant provide all 19 as those 3 years were included in those last 19 years
Try your best Ali also if you want to add any UKBA policies in your favour print it off and send with ur evidence. Hopefully this would help
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:22 pm

GodGives has given you the advice any solicitor would give you. Home office wants what home office wants . Try to go to London or rather call the school and have them email you the documents signed and stamped. Family pictures before you left, GP letters or anything with official headed paper proving your existence before your father took you and your sister out. If you are trying to find a way round what they requested for, you are just asking for an automatic refusal. We are all praying for a successful application and by God's grace all will end well. Please don't come this far and to then trash your case by trying to look for plan B. so make that call plead, beg let them scan it to you or make your way down or whatever you need to do!!![/quote]

i am not trying to find a plan B. i have pics of me with my relatives in uk before i left the uk and also have gp letter stating i was registered there till 1997. i am going to send every evidence i have. just wanted to find that exceptional circumstance of break in continous period just so the case worker knows all the information not only what he asked for because if he wants last 19 years than i cant provide all 19 as those 3 years were included in those last 19 years[/quote]

Try your best Ali also if you want to add any UKBA policies in your favour print it off and send with ur evidence. Hopefully this would help[/quote]

yes thats what i am trying to do i could have got british nationality if i stayed for 2 more years as i was born here so if i can find any policy which can make them ignore those 2 years that be great because if the caseworker is good then he might give me that or even in ILR as i can provide my last 12 years here and then the years before.

if you know of any policy that could help me it be great

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Believe2013 wrote:I'm not one to moan but this is a general forum and if people want to send each other PMs by all means do so but please do it DISCREETLY rather than advertise or publicise the fact you have done so on the general part of the forum. Perhaps I am missing something? or Probably I am over reacting if so, my sincere apologies in advance. I needed to get it off my chest! If you feel hard done by my comments please feel free to respond as its not my intention to be confrontational or start a war of words . Its just many find this forum helpful not elitist or selective that's all.
you just spoke my mind. I am new in the forum but if you activate your profile as a member to send you email notification when you receive private messages, then there's no need to start saying it in the open. No Hard feelings pals.

Regards
GC

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:54 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

If there are gaps in a person’s evidence of residence and it is clear
from the information available that they could not have travelled, we
may proceed. Examples of this might include a refugee who has no
means of travel or where immigration records confirm continuous
residence.

if they wont accept my gp letter which states that we was registered there. i could use my immigration record of appeal in 1996 to prove that i was still in the country at that time

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:54 pm

ali90 wrote:GodGives has given you the advice any solicitor would give you. Home office wants what home office wants . Try to go to London or rather call the school and have them email you the documents signed and stamped. Family pictures before you left, GP letters or anything with official headed paper proving your existence before your father took you and your sister out. If you are trying to find a way round what they requested for, you are just asking for an automatic refusal. We are all praying for a successful application and by God's grace all will end well. Please don't come this far and to then trash your case by trying to look for plan B. so make that call plead, beg let them scan it to you or make your way down or whatever you need to do!!!
i am not trying to find a plan B. i have pics of me with my relatives in uk before i left the uk and also have gp letter stating i was registered there till 1997. i am going to send every evidence i have. just wanted to find that exceptional circumstance of break in continous period just so the case worker knows all the information not only what he asked for because if he wants last 19 years than i cant provide all 19 as those 3 years were included in those last 19 years[/quote]

Try your best Ali also if you want to add any UKBA policies in your favour print it off and send with ur evidence. Hopefully this would help[/quote]

yes thats what i am trying to do i could have got british nationality if i stayed for 2 more years as i was born here so if i can find any policy which can make them ignore those 2 years that be great because if the caseworker is good then he might give me that or even in ILR as i can provide my last 12 years here and then the years before.

if you know of any policy that could help me it be great[/quote]

Did you go by a solicitor or was this application made by you? If you did use a solicitor they can help to facilitate the laws that might help otherwise try plead with one of the experienced moderator to guide you cos from what I have read through in the immigration forum to give you a good guide. Pls do try to get as much as you can. My prayers are with you and I believe whole heartedly your the end of you journey does not look far of. (Amen)

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
ali90 wrote:GodGives has given you the advice any solicitor would give you. Home office wants what home office wants . Try to go to London or rather call the school and have them email you the documents signed and stamped. Family pictures before you left, GP letters or anything with official headed paper proving your existence before your father took you and your sister out. If you are trying to find a way round what they requested for, you are just asking for an automatic refusal. We are all praying for a successful application and by God's grace all will end well. Please don't come this far and to then trash your case by trying to look for plan B. so make that call plead, beg let them scan it to you or make your way down or whatever you need to do!!!

if you know of any policy that could help me it be great[/quote]

Did you go by a solicitor or was this application made by you? If you did use a solicitor they can help to facilitate the laws that might help otherwise try plead with one of the experienced moderator to guide you cos from what I have read through in the immigration forum to give you a good guide. Pls do try to get as much as you can. My prayers are with you and I believe whole heartedly your the end of you journey does not look far of. (Amen)[/quote]

i done it through a charity lawyer but he is more of immigration adviser and knowing him whatever i tell him he will just write 1 page saying that these are the documents we are sending and thats alll . i want to sent lots of proofs and try to proof every year and come under every policy i can so they cant have a chance to refuse

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Ali try getting your SAR (Subject to Access Request) file from Croydon it usually takes 40 days to be released and you pay a fee of £10. it's your entire Immigration History every application you ever made every time you left the country the port of entry and dates etc it's all in there Sir. Good luck

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:09 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@summer and sdp thnks for your comment ..... am so sorry if i am over reacting or being a drama queen.. i am just human and having to wait so long is just depressin.i pray we all get positive outcomes in jesus name

I totally understand hun I used to feel exactly the same way. I email and complain to every single person there is including john vine

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Believe2013 wrote:I'm not one to moan but this is a general forum and if people want to send each other PMs by all means do so but please do it DISCREETLY rather than advertise or publicise the fact you have done so on the general part of the forum. Perhaps I am missing something? or Probably I am over reacting if so, my sincere apologies in advance. I needed to get it off my chest! If you feel hard done by my comments please feel free to respond as its not my intention to be confrontational or start a war of words . Its just many find this forum helpful not elitist or selective that's all.
I agree I was thinking the same thing the other day.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Sanny missing us? can't get enough of us lol Well good to see you are still active. Has it sunk in yet?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Ali try getting your SAR (Subject to Access Request) file from Croydon it usually takes 40 days to be released and you pay a fee of £10. it's your entire Immigration History every application you ever made every time you left the country the port of entry and dates etc it's all in there Sir. Good luck
yes i was thinking of getting it but the fact that i only have 3 days to reply it wont be of any use even tho i might still try to get it just in case for future use. it did have some of the old records too beacuse our old lawyer isnt giving us our file and he had most of the original documents or copies of them

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi Sanny missing us? can't get enough of us lol Well good to see you are still active. Has it sunk in yet?

Lol no it hasn't :) because I have been on the forum for so long its like a routine for me to check it often.lol

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:32 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@summer and sdp thnks for your comment ..... am so sorry if i am over reacting or being a drama queen.. i am just human and having to wait so long is just depressin.i pray we all get positive outcomes in jesus name
Hey sorry if I have upset you, it was just a talk saying that at least you know what your outcome could be , but I am sure about mine whether it be rejected or accepted....that's it I didn't mean to upset you.
I know our stress levels are too high at the moment and I don't want to add more to it....sorry

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Fine Ali just mention you have requested your SAR file to buy yourself a few weeks. They can't be harsh on you for doing that as matter of fact you are making their life easier by gathering all the info together or they have the laborious task of collating it all for you. this is where it all goes t*ts up (pardon my French)because they are too lazy to do it properly. If anyone is planning to go for JR proceedings I would strongly urge you to arm yourself with this file!

All the best sir.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Withdrawal symptoms Sanny - we are happy to see you on here! :D

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Fine Ali just mention you have requested your SAR file to buy yourself a few weeks. They can't be harsh on you for doing that as matter of fact you are making their life easier by gathering all the info together or they have the laborious task of collating it all for you. this is where it all goes t*ts up (pardon my French)because they are too lazy to do it properly. If anyone is planning to go for JR proceedings I would strongly urge you to arm yourself with this file!

All the best sir.
yeah i will still send all the documents i have but also request SAR file so i can have it just incase if they refuse it and need it for further appeal or review