ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 application after recent refusal of entry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

indiana_jd
Newly Registered

Tier 2 application after recent refusal of entry

Post by indiana_jd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 am

I'm currently waiting on my COS to apply for my Tier 2 visa within the next month.

I was refused entry recently because on one of two prior visits this year, I told them I was unemployed and interviewing. This time, the third time, they accused me of trying to stay without a visa. I had plans to return to the US after a wedding in England and a holiday in Germany, because I originally thought I would be in England by this time, but there was a delay with the RLMT. I have never had any issues as a frequent traveller.

I'm wondering whether anyone else has had experience with something like this? I had someone recommend a cover letter, but I'm also wondering whether it extended processing time or decisions, or any suggestions someone might have.

muralitr
Newly Registered

Post by muralitr » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Where you been refused entry on your PSW or any other visa category?

indiana_jd
Newly Registered

Post by indiana_jd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:22 pm

No. I'm an American and was just travelling on my passport. I've never been refused a visa or entry to any country before this.