ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter for invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raja999

letter for invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony

Post by raja999 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:42 am

Hi,

My application for British citizenship is successful and I received first letter from UK Border Agency on 10 July 2013. On that (first letter) it was stated that shortly I will receive another letter for invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony. Two weeks have passed and I have not yet received that 2nd letter.

What the approx time in getting the second letter...?
What should i do..?
Any contact no i call .?

thx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:46 am

No harm in contacting the Council where the ceremony will take place.
John

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:12 pm

John wrote:No harm in contacting the Council where the ceremony will take place.
Without invitation letter council wont allow take oath. On the day of ceremony council needs to see invitation letter. Yes of course they might book ceremony if council received ccertificate but wont allow to take oath unless person applied via NCS . But it id always bedt to give council a call and explain and try. Some council will allow as long as person can show approved letter. But majority wont.