ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why Solihull PEO?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Why Solihull PEO?

Post by Sidonfire » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I see that Solihull PEO is quite popular than others & I can't find any slots for Solihull

Is there any specific reason for this or its just they offer less slots?

Thanks
Sid

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm

they were popular before as they only took payment after assessing the application etc, but now they take payment before they look at your paperwork like the other PEO's. Can't think of any other reason why they would be popular.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 pm

CR001 wrote:they were popular before as they only took payment after assessing the application etc, but now they take payment before they look at your paperwork like the other PEO's. Can't think of any other reason why they would be popular.
Depends where you live too. It's the nearest to me under an hour the others too far away that's why I'm using them I have heard the staff are a little more human than most according to some posts on here!

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Why Solihull PEO?

Post by longshift » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 am

Sidonfire wrote:Hi Guys,

I see that Solihull PEO is quite popular than others & I can't find any slots for Solihull

Is there any specific reason for this or its just they offer less slots?

Thanks
Sid
Also to what the others have said, the staffing level at solihull is much lesser than Croydon, Liverpool and Sheffield. Slots are therefore limited.

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks guys.

pavan_fb

Post by pavan_fb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Is it True about the assessing application before taking payment, one of the forum post seems to suggest the process is now changed.

Any one with recent experience at Solihul PEO?

Thanks,
Pavan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 pm

pavan_fb wrote:Is it True about the assessing application before taking payment, one of the forum post seems to suggest the process is now changed.

Any one with recent experience at Solihul PEO?

Thanks,
Pavan
Yes, it has changed and they now take the fee before assessing the application in the same way as the other PEOs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pavan_fb

Post by pavan_fb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Char,

Did you had a recent experience at solihul PEO, if so could you also confirm there would be face to face with CW during the application?

Thanks,
Pavan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:22 pm

pavan_fb wrote:Hi Char,

Did you had a recent experience at solihul PEO, if so could you also confirm there would be face to face with CW during the application?

Thanks,
Pavan
No, I have used Croydon PEO for all my applications. My understanding is that it is face to face during application at all PEO's. If you read through the many success stories and details, all applicants have CW interaction/face to face.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks,
Pavan
i think croydon is the only peo where u do not interact wid the caseworker face to face. Rest of the peo's u see the CW and submit the docs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:37 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:
i think croydon is the only peo where u do not interact wid the caseworker face to face. Rest of the peo's u see the CW and submit the docs
You are wrong, I used Croydon for FLR(M) and ILR and had interactive face to face time with CW while processing my application and submitting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:40 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:

Thanks,
Pavan
It's a good idea face to face just incase you need to explain anything a little more clearer or add an additional proof etc.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:25 am

CR001 wrote:
sonub4ualt wrote:
You are wrong, I used Croydon for FLR(M) and ILR and had interactive face to face time with CW while processing my application and submitting documents.
When did u apply for ILR? I have read many posts on the forum where applicants have just submitted the documents folder without any interaction with CW. This process started recently, may be in april or may 2013.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=136979

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=140748

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=140590

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=140548

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 am

As per my Monday application (22nd July) at Croydon PEO, I did not interact with case worker at all. There is an administrative staff that does the case registration. They did not check my documents, only gave me plastic folders in which to put my documents. The only thing they looked at were our passports which were probably 'registered' on the system.

Our documents were then returned and I submitted to the person doing the biometrics, who then passed on internally to the 'mysterious' case worker. My 'case' was tracked on a screen by a number which I had been assigned. The final screen says 'ready for collection' and at this point you go and collect your docs and are also told of the application outcome.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:55 am

@Croydon, you do not interact with caseworker for SET (O) applications. There could be few exception.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:02 am

Perhaps it is different for FLR(M) and SET(M) and might also have changed in the way they work.

I did FLR(M) in 2010 and SET(M) in 2012 - so awhile ago I guess.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:55 am

Yes it looks like Solihull PEO does access your application & then process payment.

Based on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... a8bb262911

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:42 am

Sidonfire wrote:Yes it looks like Solihull PEO does access your application & then process payment.

Based on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... a8bb262911
I think it changed in April this year to be the same as the other PEOs where you pay first and then your application is assessed. This thread is from March. But perhaps a member who has recent experience can confirm.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pavan_fb

Post by pavan_fb » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 am

Hi,

Any one with recent Solihul PEO experience , share the experience about the assesment before payment, I have my appointment on 30th July, would really like it to be asessed before payment.

As I have my doubts regarding cohabitation evidence.

Thanks,
Pavan

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 am

pavan_fb wrote:Hi,

Any one with recent Solihul PEO experience , share the experience about the assesment before payment, I have my appointment on 30th July, would really like it to be asessed before payment.

As I have my doubts regarding cohabitation evidence.

Thanks,
Pavan
You would never hear such experience. It all has changed since April.

amanu123
Newly Registered

Solihulll PEO - Payment by Cheque?

Post by amanu123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm planning to pay for my ILR application by cheque. anyone with experience of paying by cheque ? I am going in person to Solihull, and I was wondering if I pay by cheque, there may be delays in letting me know the result.

any ideas?

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:47 pm

i dont think any PEO office accepts cheque but i may be wrong.

Mods can update

amanu123
Newly Registered

Post by amanu123 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:40 pm

You're right Sidonfire, they dont take cheques. They only do credit and debit cards in Solihull PEO. I called up and checked