ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's visa - Tourist or Spouse on ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam_84

Wife's visa - Tourist or Spouse on ILR

Post by Sam_84 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Guys

I need some advice on my Fiancée’s visa.

I am a UK resident currently on ILR (got it on 4th of Jan this year). My fiancée is in India pursuing her PhD (3rd year). We plan to get married in India on 19th November 2013. After marriage, I plan to bring my wife over to the UK but since my wife is still studying she won’t be able to stay here for very long. She might only stay for a month or two at a maximum. My questions to you guys are –

• Since she is going to be in the UK only for a short period of time (couple of months), should I apply for a ‘Spouse of Settled person’ visa or ‘Tourist Visa’? . The problem with Spouse (of settled person) visa is that it takes long time to process – approximately 3 months. Therefore, to get that visa in November on time, I will have to go to India in August, do a registered marriage and apply the spouse visa at the same time. However, for a Tourist visa, the process is very simple so, can I not just show enough evidence that she has strong reasons to come back to India?

Many thanks in advance

Sam