ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence 28 days overstay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Universal soldier
BANNED

Long residence 28 days overstay

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:08 pm

whats the meaning of the below sentences in long residence chapter if someone want to apply 10 years lawful residence - ILR.

Indefinite leave
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must not be in breach of immigration laws,
except for any period of overstaying:
o for 28 days or less, or
o if the application was submitted before 9 July 2012
which will be disregarded.

If somebody overstayed more than 28 days let say 40 days before 9 July 2012 then will it be acceptable under above writing in last sentence.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Long residence 28 days overstay

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Universal soldier wrote:whats the meaning of the below sentences in long residence chapter if someone want to apply 10 years lawful residence - ILR.

Indefinite leave
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must not be in breach of immigration laws,
except for any period of overstaying:
o for 28 days or less, or
o if the application was submitted before 9 July 2012
which will be disregarded.

If somebody overstayed more than 28 days let say 40 days before 9 July 2012 then will it be acceptable under above writing in last sentence.
It says if the application was submitted before 9 July 2012. When do you overstay, for how long and why?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:29 pm

That issue was in 2009 very before to july 2012. Student extension was refused for which was applied before visa finish. On refusal a fresh application has submitted on the 9th day from date of refusal letter. It was approved in 40 days. Sar report no where mention how many days 2nd application was out of time/overstay.

hassenpk

28 days overstayed

Post by hassenpk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi guys,
I have the same issue regarding 28 days .

In 2009 visa expiration date 31/07/09
I applied à week back for extension in june 22/06/09
Due to error in my application it was return 11/08/09
Rectify thé error and rapplied next day 12/08/09
Recived confirmation that application pass to case worker on 18/08/09
Visa granted 10/09/09

My question is Am i overstayed between thé period when application return due to error or breaching Any rule ? Thanks
Kind regard

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 pm

The 28 day overstay period would start from the day in which you received notification of invalidity of an intime application so you should be ok.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Long residence 2013 also say that 28 dayys from leave expiry/section 3C counts. Do you think in above scenario 1st application was in time and will get section 3C even refused later. Then 2nd application applied which was out of time but within 28 days overstaying limit and will be fine.

hassenpk

28 days overstayed

Post by hassenpk » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:03 am

Thanks for the prompt reply . so the application was invalid from the date 11/08/2009 .And 28 days start after invalidation point and follows till the new
application is launch or the day which ukba acknowledge the application in my case the acknowledge was received on 18/08/09 please rectify me if i am wrong Thank you .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:09 am

Indeed, see pages 20 and 21 of the long residence guidance (click)

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Long residence 2013 also say that 28 dayys from leave expiry/section 3C counts. Do you think in above scenario 1st application was in time and will get section 3C even refused later. Then 2nd application applied which was out of time but within 28 days overstaying limit and will be fine.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 pm

See the above link, it says 28 days from the latest of the following....

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Universal soldier wrote:That issue was in 2009 very before to july 2012. Student extension was refused for which was applied before visa finish. On refusal a fresh application has submitted on the 9th day from date of refusal letter. It was approved in 40 days. Sar report no where mention how many days 2nd application was out of time/overstay.
Thanks amber. You think that as in above situation the 2nd application will fall in those following as you told in page 20_21.

hassenpk

28 days overstayed

Post by hassenpk » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:47 pm

D4109125 wrote:The 28 day overstay period would start from the day in which you received notification of invalidity of an intime application so you should be ok.

Please could also help me with that question.
overstayed period count from the point of invalidity towards acknowledgement letter that application passed to caseworker or new visa granted :?: .

Kind Regards
Hassan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Sorry if you look at page 17, if you make the application out of time within 28 days, it will not break the continuos residence requirement.

hassenpk

28 days overstayed

Post by hassenpk » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:56 pm

D4109125 wrote:Sorry if you look at page 17, if you make the application out of time within 28 days, it will not break the continuous residence requirement.

Gap(s) in lawful residence
You may grant the application if an applicant:
 has short gaps in lawful residence through making previous applications out of time by
no more than 28 calendar das, and
 meets all the other requirements for lawful residence.

According to page 17 quoted above . When my application return due to error on letter dated 11/08/09 ( gap count from that point towards i file the application again or i receive application acknowledgement of application or visa granted) .

Thanks
Amber

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 pm

28 days from the decision of your in time application thus an out of time application.

hassenpk

28 days overstayed

Post by hassenpk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:44 am

D4109125 wrote:28 days from the decision of your in time application thus an out of time application.
Well the decision on in time application when it become invalid and the gap of out of time application is 8 days. Hopefully i will be fine well thanks a lot anyway sharing precious knowledge and showing right direction .

Thanks
Amber

hassenpk

28 days overstayed

Post by hassenpk » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 am

Hi guys ,
Just last week my friend ilr get rejected he got the same situation as like mine and i spoke with his solicitor he told me they exercise section 3c on his case . And count the days from the day when his visa expired towards new visa granted as he made silly error in his application just like i did .

Kind Regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:57 am

Section 3C is not applicable, if the application was out of time. However, there is a concession, relating to invalid applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 pm

The gap from the decision of the in time application and subsequent application was less than 28 days, so I don't understand why you keep asking?

hassenpk

Post by hassenpk » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Well sorry why i am asking same question because my friend application get refused with the same reason and i spoke with his solicitor what he told me they count gap from the expiry of a visa till new visa granted

Dates of expiry Visa 1/03/2004
Visa granted : 7/06/2004

Gap is approximate 90 days what his solicitor told me .Because of his fault application was
return so they calculated the time period from the day visa expire and the day visa granted .

Now no more question :oops:

Thanks
Vinny
Guru

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:53 pm

But my situation is different. I sent tier 4 extension 1.5 months before visa end which processed 4.5 months and refused. Then they given 10 days to appeal but before this 10 days deadline end i submitted fresh application for same course which approved in 35 days. Does it mean that 1st application extended till refusal with section 3C and 2nd application is 10 days less out of time which will be forgiven as single gap. And my sar report (5 kg weight) does not mention anywhere the number of days out of time application.

hassenpk

Post by hassenpk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:53 am

Universal soldier wrote:But my situation is different. I sent tier 4 extension 1.5 months before visa end which processed 4.5 months and refused. Then they given 10 days to appeal but before this 10 days deadline end i submitted fresh application for same course which approved in 35 days. Does it mean that 1st application extended till refusal with section 3C and 2nd application is 10 days less out of time which will be forgiven as single gap. And my sar report (5 kg weight) does not mention anywhere the number of days out of time application.

According to my understanding If you make fresh application means you have withdraw your appeal .It means your clock stop .Correct senior member if i am wrong .Well if is not mention in your sar report then you need to see solicitor .

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:23 pm

I did not appeal how can i withdraw and but sent fresh appliation within legal 10 days deadline that approved in 35 days.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Long residence guideline 2013 is the most cleared version than older which very clearly answers both OP's quetions. 1st OP will be benefitted for 28 days concession from refusal decision where section 3C ends and 2nd OP will be benefitted from the date of invalidity notice.
FOR MIND SATISFACTION, IF STILL HAVE DOUBT THEN BETTER INCLUDE THIS LONG RESIDENCE CHAPTER WITH APPLICATION AND POINT TO CASEWORKER THE PAGE 20-21.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 pm

hassenpk wrote:Well sorry why i am asking same question because my friend application get refused with the same reason and i spoke with his solicitor what he told me they count gap from the expiry of a visa till new visa granted

Dates of expiry Visa 1/03/2004
Visa granted : 7/06/2004

Gap is approximate 90 days what his solicitor told me .Because of his fault application was
return so they calculated the time period from the day visa expire and the day visa granted .

Now no more question :oops:

Thanks
Vinny
Guru
Did he make an in time application or did he apply after his visa had expired?
--