ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Good day all,

@Majojo, slightly confused here? home office called your manager and informed him/her that your case has been allocated to a case worker?

They maybe daft but I doubt they will do such a costly error because they will be in breach of the data protection act - they are ONLY by law supposed to divulge or discuss that info with yourself or anyone else acting on your behalf, authorised by you i.e your lawyer or MP.

If this is so, I would file a formal complaint!
No what is is was on Tuesday my manager called me saying they called her to find out if am working there n all that. Now all of a sudden my manager reduces my hours so I don't know the conversation they had. Then I went to citizens advice and we called home office to find out if am allowed to work whilst my application is with hem they said yes. So I called my manager n she said they want to be on a safer side I said ok. Now I called home office to find out if my application has been assigned to a case worker n they said no it hasn't so am confused cos I had the impression that of they called to check am am truly working there then it means its been allocated but I call the contact center n am told no its still outstanding and they don't c on those system that its been allocated so kow I just don't know what's going on n I don't know what's coming my eay

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Ok thanks for clarifying - I am always on the lookout for opportunities to nail the b*stards lol, perhaps if you are past the 6 month stage the only way to find out for sure is through you MP bombard him/her with enquiries they will cave in eventually. Sanny26 knows a thing or two about this, take a leaf out of her book!! :lol:

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Ok thanks for clarifying - I am always on the lookout for opportunities to nail the b*stards lol, perhaps if you are past the 6 month stage the only way to find out for sure is through you MP bombard him/her with enquiries they will cave in eventually. Sanny26 knows a thing or two about this, take a leaf out of her book!! :lol:
Lol what a humour. This actually made me laugh. Any slip from them is a very essential tool.

@majojo just chill relax and brew a hot coffee, and don't be in a hurry to get an answer that you gonna get in the end. Caseworker is in Sheffield, receptionist is in Croydon. They only read from whatever they see on PC. They have to check you out before a decision is made. This takes 3-4 weeks so patience sir!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Ok thanks for clarifying - I am always on the lookout for opportunities to nail the b*stards lol, perhaps if you are past the 6 month stage the only way to find out for sure is through you MP bombard him/her with enquiries they will cave in eventually. Sanny26 knows a thing or two about this, take a leaf out of her book!! :lol:
Lol when the waiting gets to me and I can't take it anymore I email my mp every other day lol after all I voted for him so he should assist me when I needed help. Lol

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:24 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Lol when the waiting gets to me and I can't take it anymore I email my mp every other day lol after all I voted for him so he should assist me when I needed help. Lol
Hello everybody.

Anybody has good news. The week is going end. The HO might get tired with their heavy work load.

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm

ale001 wrote:
Global_Citizen wrote:I am glad I never for once rang UKBA to ask about the status of my application for over nearly 14 months of waiting because they tell you shit and exploit you further when you dont even have any means of livelihood.
I just wished most people can be courageous enough to boycott fund raising for them by making those calls to those UKBA coz UKBA means (Unpertubed Karma Bullying Agency)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

u nearly break my crib lol :D
yes, they are (UKBA) Unperturbed Karma Bullying Agency because they force you to make thanksgiving to them for the frustration and sleepless nights they cause you by making those calls to them.
Also UKBF does not mean UK Border Force, it means Unleashing Ktenology By Force

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:36 pm

hi guyz , after emailing d ombudsman the second time i finally got a response as follows DEAR MRS XXXX ,THE PARLIAMENTARY AND HEALTH SERVICE ACKNOWLEDGES YOUR CORRESPONDENCE WHICH WAS DATED XXXXXX.WE WILL RESPOND TO YOU SHORTLY..YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER WHICH YOU SHOULD QUOTE IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US IS XXXXXXC...pls does anyone one know how long before they get back to me ? thanx

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:43 pm

@yummymummy Oh that's positive. I sent two emails but no acknowledgement so far. Could you kindly furnish me with address you used please?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 pm

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:hi guyz , after emailing d ombudsman the second time i finally got a response as follows DEAR MRS XXXX ,THE PARLIAMENTARY AND HEALTH SERVICE ACKNOWLEDGES YOUR CORRESPONDENCE WHICH WAS DATED XXXXXX.WE WILL RESPOND TO YOU SHORTLY..YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER WHICH YOU SHOULD QUOTE IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US IS XXXXXXC...pls does anyone one know how long before they get back to me ? thanx
Probably a day or 2 like I said they responded to me within a hour of writing the email. But then again I made my email so dramatic and depressing so he probably felt sorry for me and the same day i wrote the email is the same day they contacted ukba by phone. At the time my mp was doubting that ombudsman would help so I take matters into my own hands and contact them by myself .. The bible say seek and u shall find knock and the door shall open to u. When the devil say no jesus say yes. Be strong hun u will get your visa very soon by faith.
Last edited by sanny26 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you I had a capital P in the one I used so definitely case sensitive.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:53 pm

@mummytwo thx 4 yr support i met wit HR today she made photocopies of my acknowledgement letter n biometric letter and said i shld let them know wen i get my visa renewed and dat was it... i hope i get my visa from HO soon

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 pm

@sanny26..thnk you dear, iam sendin u loads of hugs n kisses i emailed them again 2day and got a response within an hour i hope they act on my case soon.....i will let you guyz kno how i get on

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

yay

Post by grenadagirl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Guys guess what I got granted today.... My solicitor called me sand told me the good news, still can't believe it.... I'm in shock. I'm free at last.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:04 pm

@greenade girl yipee sooooo happy for you.... congrat dear...was fresh appli or renewal

yahwadud

Re: yay

Post by yahwadud » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:07 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Guys guess what I got granted today.... My solicitor called me sand told me the good news, still can't believe it.... I'm in shock. I'm free at last.
.congrats Grenadagirl.were you given Indefinite leave too?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:08 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Guys guess what I got granted today.... My solicitor called me sand told me the good news, still can't believe it.... I'm in shock. I'm free at last.
Yay! Another good news strolled into the building. Congratulations girl! Welcome to the promise land. God is good!!!

datinsatin
Newly Registered

Post by datinsatin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Happy for you for the breakthrough. Could you please let us know if it's an extension or fresh application. Also, how long did you application take?

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Yay! Another good news strolled into the building. Congratulations girl! Welcome to the promise land. God is good!!!
Hi grenadagirl

Congratulation

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

yay

Post by grenadagirl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks guys so happy I found this forum. It was a fresh application made a yr and three weeks ago. My solicitor said it is indefinite but I will be sure when I see all my documents

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:18 pm

shareen24h wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Hi grenadagirl

Congratulation
Hooray...that is very good news .....congratulations.....enjoy your freedom.... :D :D :D :D

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Thanks guys so happy I found this forum. It was a fresh application made a yr and three weeks ago. My solicitor said it is indefinite but I will be sure when I see all my documents
.indefinite .am sooooo happy to hear that girl.you have been in the country for years and you deserve it girl.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Congratulations grenadagirl All the best
Godgives

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:26 pm

congratulation @grenadagirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy your freedom.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:38 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Thanks guys so happy I found this forum. It was a fresh application made a yr and three weeks ago. My solicitor said it is indefinite but I will be sure when I see all my documents

Congrats hun.