ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration Request for EEA2 application granted

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soniac

Reconsideration Request for EEA2 application granted

Post by soniac » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:49 am

Hi everyone,

So I have just received this email from the home office and am wondering who has been in a similar situation and can let me know the outcome:

"Your spouses application is now being reconsidered and you should receive a new determination within 28 days."

We made an appeal at the end of April but sent a reconsideration to the HO at the same time with all the same documents we sent for the appeal. Does this mean they will re check employment etc?!?!

Good news right?!?!? Hoping they grant him the RC as we have yet to hear anything from the appeal.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Sounds good, let the forum know when you get final determination.

Londonguy79

Post by Londonguy79 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi,
How do you send a reconsideration request? Did you submit new evidence to the HO? Was your original application refused and everything sent back to you?

I just need to show them myself and my wife now have joint bank accounts so I am very interested in how you do this?

Thank you,

Londonguy.

soniac

Post by soniac » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:15 am

Hey Londonguy79,

What we did was when we appealed we sent the exact same documents back to the HO and asked for a reconsideration. They in my eyes did not perform my employment check properly so that was my argument and sent them the documents they would need in order to do that. They also wrote the wrong dates on our refusal letter so I called them out on their lack of attention to detail as it seemed like they just came up with a random date to put in the refusal letter. We had not heard anything for 3 months before receivong this email and I think it may be because they have now been sent the same letter from the tribunal that I received confirming our appeal so perhaps they looked at our case again and felt it was appropriate to reconsider our application.

Londonguy79

Post by Londonguy79 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:34 am

Hi Soniac,
Thank you very much for your reply. That is really great news I really hope your husband gets his RC without having to do the appeal!

Good luck :)

Londonguy.

teetee4Z

Re: Reconsideration Request for EEA2 application granted

Post by teetee4Z » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:22 am

soniac wrote:Hi everyone,

So I have just received this email from the home office and am wondering who has been in a similar situation and can let me know the outcome:

"Your spouses application is now being reconsidered and you should receive a new determination within 28 days."

We made an appeal at the end of April but sent a reconsideration to the HO at the same time with all the same documents we sent for the appeal. Does this mean they will re check employment etc?!?!

Good news right?!?!? Hoping they grant him the RC as we have yet to hear anything from the appeal.

Hi soniac, How do one ask for Reconsideration pls?

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 pm

soniac wrote:Hey Londonguy79,

What we did was when we appealed we sent the exact same documents back to the HO and asked for a reconsideration. They in my eyes did not perform my employment check properly so that was my argument and sent them the documents they would need in order to do that. They also wrote the wrong dates on our refusal letter so I called them out on their lack of attention to detail as it seemed like they just came up with a random date to put in the refusal letter. We had not heard anything for 3 months before receivong this email and I think it may be because they have now been sent the same letter from the tribunal that I received confirming our appeal so perhaps they looked at our case again and felt it was appropriate to reconsider our application.
hey soniac,can we have that email address?

soniac

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:45 pm

You need to write to the EEA2 application centre or if there is a specific caseworker contact on your refusal letter. Be sure to write why you think your case should be reconsidered and provide proof that they have made an error in their decision. When you send it off be sure to write your case ID on the front of the envelope along with reconsideration request.

teetee4Z

re

Post by teetee4Z » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:47 pm

soniac wrote:You need to write to the EEA2 application centre or if there is a specific caseworker contact on your refusal letter. Be sure to write why you think your case should be reconsidered and provide proof that they have made an error in their decision. When you send it off be sure to write your case ID on the front of the envelope along with reconsideration request.
Thank you soniac

teetee4Z

Re: re

Post by teetee4Z » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:07 pm

teetee4Z wrote:
soniac wrote:You need to write to the EEA2 application centre or if there is a specific caseworker contact on your refusal letter. Be sure to write why you think your case should be reconsidered and provide proof that they have made an error in their decision. When you send it off be sure to write your case ID on the front of the envelope along with reconsideration request.
Thank you soniac
Have you heard from the HO concerning a decision on your reconsidderation?

soniac

Post by soniac » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:57 am

teetee4Z wrote:
teetee4Z wrote:
Thank you soniac
Not yet. Have only been told by them that they have accepted the reconsideration and will have a new determination within 28 days....they have 10 days to go....feeling very anxious to say the least!!!

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:52 pm

soniac wrote:
teetee4Z wrote:
teetee4Z wrote:
Thank you soniac
Not yet. Have only been told by them that they have accepted the reconsideration and will have a new determination within 28 days....they have 10 days to go....feeling very anxious to say the least!!!
All the best.

fromdenmark

Post by fromdenmark » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:31 am

Any update as to what happened? I'm considering sending in a reconsideration request if it might only take 28 days, but if it might take longer I would rather just send in a new application so my wife can get another document stating her right to work here after a few weeks. As I understand you get no such document when you send a reconsideration request.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:42 pm

fromdenmark wrote:Any update as to what happened? I'm considering sending in a reconsideration request if it might only take 28 days, but if it might take longer I would rather just send in a new application so my wife can get another document stating her right to work here after a few weeks. As I understand you get no such document when you send a reconsideration request.
check: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#907779

fromdenmark

Post by fromdenmark » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:14 am

Babz wrote:
fromdenmark wrote:Any update as to what happened? I'm considering sending in a reconsideration request if it might only take 28 days, but if it might take longer I would rather just send in a new application so my wife can get another document stating her right to work here after a few weeks. As I understand you get no such document when you send a reconsideration request.
check: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#907779
DOIH! I should just have searched on that username. Thank you very much Babz :)

westgate on sea
Newly Registered

Eea2

Post by westgate on sea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot ,I would have loved to attach the refusal letter on this forum but Iv been finding it difficult to do that,how do I attach a file(my refusal letter) to this forum??