ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:congratulation @grenadagirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy your freedom.

shareen24h

Re: yay

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 pm

shareen24h wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
grenadagirl wrote:Guys guess what I got granted today.... My solicitor called me sand told me the good news, still can't believe it.... I'm in shock. I'm free at last.
Yay! Another good news strolled into the building. Congratulations girl! Welcome to the promise land. God is good!!!
Hi grenadagirl

Congratulation
Hi
grenadagirl
How old your child. Is she/He British citizen.
Last edited by shareen24h on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

yay

Post by grenadagirl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:49 pm

She's 19 months, she is British.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:07 pm

grenadagirl wrote:She's 19 months, she is British.
That's awesome. I can see the home office is really whisking right through applications with biometrics done from January to March like they said. Well ILR is more than you can ever bargain for. Just start looking into naturalising once God gives your Job. At least 2 or more good news for us that left before 6pm tomorrow. Congratulations again girl :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:32 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Thanks guys so happy I found this forum. It was a fresh application made a yr and three weeks ago. My solicitor said it is indefinite but I will be sure when I see all my documents
Heyyy!!! Congratulations hun!!! All the best!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@mummytwo thx 4 yr support i met wit HR today she made photocopies of my acknowledgement letter n biometric letter and said i shld let them know wen i get my visa renewed and dat was it... i hope i get my visa from HO soon
You welcome yummymummy3j. Am glad that episode went well:)
I had no idea about the ombudsman hence my silence. Lol. Thank God for everything we will surely rejoice with you too soonest. Take care of u.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:47 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Guys guess what I got granted today.... My solicitor called me sand told me the good news, still can't believe it.... I'm in shock. I'm free at last.
Congrats for indeed you are finally free!!! Enjoy your freedom :D :D :)

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:53 pm

hi@time503 could you check your inbox please?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm

@shareen24h please check your inbox

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 pm

guys i need help from everyone any kind of advice be great.
after my sister was refused on her flro on 15th july we received it on 18th how long do we have to ask HO to consider a review of their decision and what is the process and what kind of papers need to be sent for review and what is the cost of it
because our lawyer just went on holidays today till 12th august so need some help.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Congrats and welcome to the world of freedom!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Congrats Grenadagirl, Happy for you. All the best. Your patience paid off in the end.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:24 pm

ali90 wrote:guys i need help from everyone any kind of advice be great.
after my sister was refused on her flro on 15th july we received it on 18th how long do we have to ask HO to consider a review of their decision and what is the process and what kind of papers need to be sent for review and what is the cost of it
because our lawyer just went on holidays today till 12th august so need some help.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Godgives

nikitpatel
India

Re: hi

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Actually my case is little bit different, my wifes visa was running out in jul 2012 and she was pregnant due date aug 2012 so i been to solicitor and he applied flro for me.

summer2013 wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:Hi All,

I've been member of this forum from long and reading about you all so thought let me share my details as well as I am waiting from 1 year now.

Here is my time line

Date Applied/Docs sent: 19/07/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 26/07/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15/02/2013
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 19/03/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0) Fresh Application

Applying for Private & Family Life in uk.

welcome on board nikitpatel
is your application based on 7 yrs rule or british partner/ child?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi@nikitpatel welcome to the forum could you share your story plz? you saying my wife visa run out in july 2012 and you apply for flr (o)? what about you? r you british?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 pm

GodGives wrote:
thanks :) that helped a lot. just one question. if the person didnt have enough proof of half life when the application was made but after refusal the same evidence is used to proof that person has spent half life in uk does that make them change decision ?

person is nearly 20. the evidence from 2001-late 03 not accepted but from 04 till 13. thats 10 years and its half life

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi@nikitpatel welcome to the forum could you share your story plz? you saying my wife visa run out in july 2012 and you apply for flr (o)? what about you? r you british?
@Shondra sharma: I overstayed here and living from nearly 6 n half years n my wife was on tier 1 but was not able to show £35000 /year salary so was not able to extend visa n cannot go back bcoz she was 8 months pregnant while visa ran out. I came here in 2006 when i was 21 now i m 28. I know my case is weak but I have nothing to relocate back in india.

Lets see wat happens.

datinsatin
Newly Registered

Post by datinsatin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:23 am

nikitpatel wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi@nikitpatel welcome to the forum could you share your story plz? you saying my wife visa run out in july 2012 and you apply for flr (o)? what about you? r you british?
@Shondra sharma: I overstayed here and living from nearly 6 n half years n my wife was on tier 1 but was not able to show £35000 /year salary so was not able to extend visa n cannot go back bcoz she was 8 months pregnant while visa ran out. I came here in 2006 when i was 21 now i m 28. I know my case is weak but I have nothing to relocate back in india.

Lets see wat happens.

Just remain hopeful, to be honest I have seen someone who had a similar case as yours and was granted. You probably think your case is weak, probably not. Just remain hopeful ( talking from experience). Between, is your child now 7 years old? He might be entitled to a British citizenship now, which in facts makes your case stronger as parents of a British citizen who is well integrated into the British society.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:36 am

datinsatin wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:

Lets see wat happens.

Just remain hopeful, to be honest I have seen someone who had a similar case as yours and was granted. You probably think your case is weak, probably not. Just remain hopeful ( talking from experience). Between, is your child now 7 years old? He might be entitled to a British citizenship now, which in facts makes your case stronger as parents of a British citizen who is well integrated into the British society.
Hi datinsatin

i just copied below line from your post and marked red. Not to make anybody disappointment.

" is your child now 7 years old? He might be entitled to a British citizenship now,"
I did n`t get this how 7 years old none British parents child get registered British citizen. Please clarify.[/code]

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 am

shareen24h wrote:
datinsatin wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:

Lets see wat happens.

Hi datinsatin

i just copied below line from your post and marked red. Not to make anybody disappointment.

" is your child now 7 years old? He might be entitled to a British citizenship now,"
I did n`t get this how 7 years old none British parents child get registered British citizen. Please clarify.[/code]
@shareen24h

Datinsatin is right abt 7 year rule even i had read this somewhere and if child has lived continously 7 years than he/she can be naturalised doesnt matter what nationality parents are.

Thanks

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:18 am

nikitpatel wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
datinsatin wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:

Lets see wat happens.

Hi datinsatin

@shareen24h

Datinsatin is right abt 7 year rule even i had read this somewhere and if child has lived continously 7 years than he/she can be naturalised doesnt matter what nationality parents are.

Thanks

I don't know about the 7 year old , I know that if a child was born here and the child turns 10 doesn't matter if your parents are illegal the child can register as a british citizen using the T form. Its used to be 7 back in the day but they change it to 10.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:39 am

congrats to you, all the best
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:52 am

ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
thanks :) that helped a lot. just one question. if the person didnt have enough proof of half life when the application was made but after refusal the same evidence is used to proof that person has spent half life in uk does that make them change decision ?

person is nearly 20. the evidence from 2001-late 03 not accepted but from 04 till 13. thats 10 years and its half life
Send all the documents to them again. I remember u saying they didn't receive her extra documents. Send prove u sent it in time and get Ur mp involved as well. All the best
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 am

sanny26 wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
datinsatin wrote:

Hi datinsatin

@shareen24h

Thanks

I don't know about the 7 year old , I know that if a child was born here and the child turns 10 doesn't matter if your parents are illegal the child can register as a british citizen using the T form. Its used to be 7 back in the day but they change it to 10.

Sanny26, you have got the right answer and you read the relevant section as follows:

Section 1(4) - children who have lived in the United Kingdom for the first 10 years of their life
The child will have an entitlement to register under section 1(4) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if they were born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived in there for the first ten years of their life. Applications under this section of the British Nationality Act 1981 should be made using application form T. You should read can I register as a British citizen if I was born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived there up to the age of 10 for details on the requirements you need to meet.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:57 am

Chidy wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Hi datinsatin

@shareen24h

Thanks

Sanny26, you have got the right answer and you read the relevant section as follows:

Section 1(4) - children who have lived in the United Kingdom for the first 10 years of their life
The child will have an entitlement to register under section 1(4) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if they were born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived in there for the first ten years of their life. Applications under this section of the British Nationality Act 1981 should be made using application form T. You should read can I register as a British citizen if I was born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived there up to the age of 10 for details on the requirements you need to meet.
Hi nikitpate

I have read the same what chidy has mentioned.

@ sanny26,or chidy, Do you know if child not born here but has lived UK more then ten years from his/her very early life (i.e from 2/3 years) can register as British citizen.