ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Employers Licence is revoked, Can I still work....

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whataconfusion
Newly Registered

My Employers Licence is revoked, Can I still work....

Post by whataconfusion » Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi Every one,

I am on tier2 visa since last 1 year (prior to this 1 yr on HSMP, 2 Years on PSW and rest as student)
I have been in the UK since Last 9 years and 5 Months (completing my 10 years on 31 December 2013)
I have 2 dependants
1. My husband
2. My daughter (born in the UK and will be 7 years in mid June 2013)
We are all non EEA and require visa to live and work in the UK

Subsequent to the revocation of my employers sponsor licence, I have also received the letter of curtailment of the Leave to remain (20th June 2013 is last date)

I am planning to apply for the New 7 Years Child policy (Parents of a child who is British or lived in the UK for 7 years)
I also have an option to move with another sponsor on tier2 (will be expensive though)

My question
after new application (either of the above 2)
Can I work for my current employer (my curtailed leave is still in place) or for any other employer?
Can my husband work for any employer? (this is more important)
Will I be able to apply for 10 year rule in December if I apply for any new visa before my curtailment ends?

I will be grateful for any advise / suggestion on what could be better option Child 7 years or another tier2 also if there are any other options I may use to sail through this confusing and depressing situation

safajnaseef

Re: My Employers Licence is revoked, Can I still work....

Post by safajnaseef » Thu May 16, 2013 11:24 pm

whataconfusion wrote:Hi Every one,

I am on tier2 visa since last 1 year (prior to this 1 yr on HSMP, 2 Years on PSW and rest as student)
I have been in the UK since Last 9 years and 5 Months (completing my 10 years on 31 December 2013)
I have 2 dependants
1. My husband
2. My daughter (born in the UK and will be 7 years in mid June 2013)
We are all non EEA and require visa to live and work in the UK

Subsequent to the revocation of my employers sponsor licence, I have also received the letter of curtailment of the Leave to remain (20th June 2013 is last date)

I am planning to apply for the New 7 Years Child policy (Parents of a child who is British or lived in the UK for 7 years)
I also have an option to move with another sponsor on tier2 (will be expensive though)

My question
after new application (either of the above 2)
Can I work for my current employer (my curtailed leave is still in place) or for any other employer?
Can my husband work for any employer? (this is more important)
Will I be able to apply for 10 year rule in December if I apply for any new visa before my curtailment ends?

I will be grateful for any advise / suggestion on what could be better option Child 7 years or another tier2 also if there are any other options I may use to sail through this confusing and depressing situation
I can answer one question regarding the 10 years rule. If you are able to find different sponsor or switch to a different route then you can apply for 10 years long residency indefinite leave to remain on a condition that you have been on valid permissions in those 10 years.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 17, 2013 8:49 am

details of the 7 year rule are here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Since your sponsor's licence has been revoked you cannot continue working for them or for anyone else. The purpose of the 60 days curtailment period is to give you an opportunity to find another sponsor.

IMHO unfortunately your husband cannot continue working either because he is no longer the spouse of a PBS migrant. See p15:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Has his leave not been curtailed, too?

Since neither of you is allowed to work presumably the lack of income, and therefore the time in which you can regularise your position, is an important consideration.

I don't know the timeframe of 7 year applications, but if you found another T2 sponsor who can assign a CoS to you and then you make a premium or priority application that would be a relatively speedy process. If you choose this route note the April 2013 changes to the rules.

whataconfusion
Newly Registered

My Application for 7 years child policy is refused..

Post by whataconfusion » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:11 pm

My application for Further leave to Remain based on Parent of a child (7 year Policy) is refused.
The grounds for refusal case worker said are
"both parents and child are living together as integrated family"
they also denied our right to private life here in the UK

I have only 4-5 months left in my 10 years.

They have given us right to appeal this decision. Can someone please advise

A) What could be grounds of appeal in this case?
B) Can I submit a fresh application on any other category?
C) What impact this refusal has on my 10 years residence

Any other suggestions or guidelines shall be much obliged.