ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:08 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:@shareen24h please check your inbox
Hi

I don`t have any news about 7 years. Could be HO has kept all the 7 years rule file in a side and updating some others.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:28 am

shareen24h wrote:
Chidy wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:
@shareen24h

Datinsatin is right abt 7 year rule even i had read this somewhere and if child has lived continously 7 years than he/she can be naturalised doesnt matter what nationality parents are.

Thanks

I don't know about the 7 year old , I know that if a child was born here and the child turns 10 doesn't matter if your parents are illegal the child can register as a british citizen using the T form. Its used to be 7 back in the day but they change it to 10.

Sanny26, you have got the right answer and you read the relevant section as follows:

Section 1(4) - children who have lived in the United Kingdom for the first 10 years of their life
The child will have an entitlement to register under section 1(4) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if they were born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived in there for the first ten years of their life. Applications under this section of the British Nationality Act 1981 should be made using application form T. You should read can I register as a British citizen if I was born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived there up to the age of 10 for details on the requirements you need to meet.
Hi nikitpate

I have read the same what chidy has mentioned.

@ sanny26,or chidy, Do you know if child not born here but has lived UK more then ten years from his/her very early life (i.e from 2/3 years) can register as British citizen.
The only way you can get a british passport for a child who wasn't born here is if the parents settle here or british citizen.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:34 am

GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:guys i need help from everyone any kind of advice be great.
after my sister was refused on her flro on 15th july we received it on 18th how long do we have to ask HO to consider a review of their decision and what is the process and what kind of papers need to be sent for review and what is the cost of it
because our lawyer just went on holidays today till 12th august so need some help.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
thanks :) that helped a lot. just one question. if the person didnt have enough proof of half life when the application was made but after refusal the same evidence is used to proof that person has spent half life in uk does that make them change decision ?

person is nearly 20. the evidence from 2001-late 03 not accepted but from 04 till 13. thats 10 years and its half life
Send all the documents to them again. I remember u saying they didn't receive her extra documents. Send prove u sent it in time and get Ur mp involved as well. All the best
yes the home office rep at the hearing said that the reason she was refused was because she didnt send the more documents they asked for but in the refusal it mentions that they did receive the new documents but might still try it

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:05 am

sanny26 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Chidy wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

I don't know about the 7 year old , I know that if a child was born here and the child turns 10 doesn't matter if your parents are illegal the child can register as a british citizen using the T form. Its used to be 7 back in the day but they change it to 10.

Sanny26, you have got the right answer and you read the relevant section as follows:

Section 1(4) - children who have lived in the United Kingdom for the first 10 years of their life
The child will have an entitlement to register under section 1(4) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if they were born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived in there for the first ten years of their life. Applications under this section of the British Nationality Act 1981 should be made using application form T. You should read can I register as a British citizen if I was born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 and lived there up to the age of 10 for details on the requirements you need to meet.
Hi nikitpate

@ sanny26,or chidy, Do you know if child not born here but has lived UK more then ten years from his/her very early life (i.e from 2/3 years) can register as British citizen.
The only way you can get a british passport for a child who wasn't born here is if the parents settle here or british citizen.
You are wrong mate,

here are the links where in some circumstances you can register your child as British if parents are not settled.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shsubject/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... thercases/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/ (Last Paragraph)

In my case we applied for FLRO in jul 2012 and after 1 month ie in aug 2012 my daughter was born now my daughter will be 1 year next month, so to register her as Indian National you need both parents oringinal passports and other require documents you can also register after 1 year but the application is forwarded to Indian Ministry of Home Affairs after approval by them then only you can apply for Indian citizenship. Now what I am thinking is I will apply in one of the above British Application as I currently don't have passports and my daughter will be 1 year soon and I will put as much information I can as current situation is my daughter is neither indian and I can't register as Indian National nor British National.

What are you views on this?

Thanks

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 am

Niki Patel,

Hi, so you applied for flr(o) in July 2012. have you got an outcome as yet?

So basically you are still an indian national regardless of your current immigration status pending an outcome on your application. Therefore, in accordance to the rules of Home Office your daughter is eligible to register as an Indian national irrespective of how convoluted the registration process is with the Indian authorities.

Your chances are bleak but if they however exercise the DISCRETION they mention in last paragraph you never know

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 am

Believe2013 wrote:Niki Patel,

So basically you are still an indian national regardless of your current immigration status pending an outcome on your application. Therefore, in accordance to the rules of Home Office your daughter is eligible to register as an Indian national irrespective of how convoluted the registration process is with the Indian authorities.

Your chances are bleak but if they however exercise the DISCRETION they mention in last paragraph you never know
Hi Believe,

I haven't got an outcome yet and yes my daughter is eligible for Indian national but the thing is I can't register as me and my wife don't have passports and my daughter is nearly one year without any nationality and suppose if something worst happens tomorrow I don't want worst to happened but what nationality will be my child? This is the main point I am going to include.

Thanks

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 pm

nikitpatel wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Chidy wrote:

Hi nikitpate

You are wrong mate,

here are the links where in some circumstances you can register your child as British if parents are not settled.

In my case we applied for FLRO in jul 2012 and after 1 month ie in aug 2012 my daughter was born now my daughter will be 1 year next month, so to register her as Indian National you need both parents oringinal passports and other require documents you can also register after 1 year but the application is forwarded to Indian Ministry of Home Affairs after approval by them then only you can apply for Indian citizenship. Now what I am thinking is I will apply in one of the above British Application as I currently don't have passports and my daughter will be 1 year soon and I will put as much information I can as current situation is my daughter is neither indian and I can't register as Indian National nor British National.

Thanks
not settled perents means on DLR or even those have no right to be here?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 pm

summer2013 wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:

Hi nikitpate

You are wrong mate,

Thanks
not settled perents means on DLR or even those have no right to be here?[/quote]

Settled:

You are normally resident in the United Kingdom with no immigration restriction on the length of your stay. To be free of immigration restriction you must have the right of abode or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/glossary?letter=S

Thanks

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 pm

nikitpatel wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Chidy wrote:

Hi nikitpate

You are wrong mate,

Thanks
If a child wasn't born here u cannot register as british citizen unless one or both parents is settle here are is british citizen. Read the link properly hun. And I answered the question u asked.

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:41 pm

sanny26 wrote:
nikitpatel wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:

Hi nikitpate

You are wrong mate,

Thanks
If a child wasn't born here u cannot register as british citizen unless one or both parents is settle here are is british citizen. Read the link properly hun. And I answered the question u asked.[/quote]

My daughter is born in UK, and we me and my wife are not settled over here.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Nikit, All the best I hope you get granted ILR to sort out the registration conundrum of your daughter.

cmdavy
Newly Registered

hello all

Post by cmdavy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:44 pm

i've been following this topic since i made my fresh FLR(o) application on Jan 2013

my timeline is

11/01/2013 post all files i had with my partner passport (based on private life which lives with my partner more than 9 years, and loads of docs, no kid)
22/01/2013 acknowledge letter from ukba
18/06/2013 bio-metric letter and did the enrolment on the next day

today, received a letter from the UKBA Sheffield team, saying that thanks for the application and returned my partner's passport. nothing more in the letter, except the case number, reference number, etc.

how long i should wait to hear the result after receiving this letter??
wonder if any1 received this kind of letter before hearing the result

best regards

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi guys I want to find out. Does home office inform you if your case is assigned to a case worker when you call the contact center as am still confused. Since they called my employers but when I call them they go like application still not complete and not assigned to a case worker

shea
Newly Registered

Post by shea » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:09 pm

majojo wrote:Hi guys I want to find out. Does home office inform you if your case is assigned to a case worker when you call the contact center as am still confused. Since they called my employers but when I call them they go like application still not complete and not assigned to a case worker
Never trust ukba when you call them. I called them early this month to ask about my application if it has been allocated to a case worker yet. The lady said I spoke said to said it hasn't. Then last week saturday i receieved my documents back, i was granted with my daughter since the 16th July.(it's an extension, applied in feb 2013) So never trust what they say because when she said that I wasn't expecting anything so soon after.

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:13 pm

majojo wrote:Hi guys I want to find out. Does home office inform you if your case is assigned to a case worker when you call the contact center as am still confused. Since they called my employers but when I call them they go like application still not complete and not assigned to a case worker
Spoke to HO 10 mins ago , same answer "decision pending/ waiting for decision, no update on the system , you have to keep waiting"
She also said HO is aware of the delays on FLR(0) applications and aiming to finish by end of summer, I asked her does it mean end of August ? She said may be September .......I have been getting the same answer since last 3 months...

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: hello all

Post by GodGives » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 pm

cmdavy wrote:i've been following this topic since i made my fresh FLR(o) application on Jan 2013

my timeline is

11/01/2013 post all files i had with my partner passport (based on private life which lives with my partner more than 9 years, and loads of docs, no kid)

today, received a letter from the UKBA Sheffield team, saying that thanks for the application and returned my partner's passport. nothing more in the letter, except the case number, reference number, etc.

best regards
Not too long possibly couple of weeks I iknow someone who they returned her husbands passport back
Last edited by GodGives on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:30 pm

cmdavy wrote:i've been following this topic since i made my fresh FLR(o) application on Jan 2013

my timeline is

best regards

Welcome to the forum. The letter you received with your partner's passport does not suggest anything. But if I have to guess, I would say that they might take long to deal with your case otherwise they would have waited to return all your documents in the same post. After all, it is a guess! Best of luck!

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:31 pm

my timeline is

best regards
i think if you have a case id and have a case worker assigned you should get a decision within a month unless they ask for more documents.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:31 pm

nikitpatel wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Niki Patel,

Hi Believe,

I haven't got an outcome yet and yes my daughter is eligible for Indian national but the thing is I can't register as me and my wife don't have passports and my daughter is nearly one year without any nationality and suppose if something worst happens tomorrow I don't want worst to happened but what nationality will be my child? This is the main point I am going to include.

Thanks
Hiya I have also got a 1 year old daughter who was born here she recently got discretionary leave to remain as well I am a jamaican national so therefore she's jamaican, on the back of her resident permit her nationality is jamaican even though she was born here, because I am travelling with her soon I went to the jamaican high commission to register her as a jamaican national and she got a jamaican travel document to travel, I'm due for ILR in the next 3 years when I do get that I will register her as a british citizen using the form MN1. In that way my daughter would have dual citizenship

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:56 pm

shea wrote:
Never trust ukba when you call them. I called them early this month to ask about my application if it has been allocated to a case worker yet. The lady said I spoke said to said it hasn't. Then last week saturday i receieved my documents back, i was granted with my daughter since the 16th July.(it's an extension, applied in feb 2013) So never trust what they say because when she said that I wasn't expecting anything so soon after.
Heyy! Congratulations babe! All the best!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:43 pm

my timeline is

best regards
What abt your passport?

cmdavy
Newly Registered

Post by cmdavy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:57 pm

thanks for the replies, and it really glad to know i'm not the only one who got
partial document back.

@nikitpatel hi, my passport is still in somewhere else with those documents.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:30 am

@yummymummy3 how you getting on with the ombudsman? Last night I dreamt that u recceive good news hope this dream comes through. X

teebaby

hello evri1

Post by teebaby » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:33 am

Good to be back again....congrats to all those dat got their freedom.it is well....Testimonies coming our way this coming new month IJN.afterall,the HO said they aim to clear all back logs by mid sep.Fingers crossed....

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:19 am

Hello people :), this is Junaid. My story,

Came here as a student in March 2006, got married (after getting permission from home office) in June 2008, got the spouse visa in July 2008. Had a baby boy in September 2009. Criminal record in November 2009, applied for ILR in June 2010, refused because of criminal record but was given discretionary leave to remain for the initial period of 3 years.

Extension application sent using FLR(O): 16/07/2013
HO received the application: 17/07/2013
Acknowledgement received: 19/07/2013 (dated 18/07/2013)
Bio-metric letter received : 26/07/2013 (dated 23/07/2013)
Bio-metric done: 26/07/2013 (same day)
Decision: waiting (lol, i know its too early)

Got 2 businesses, wife working as well, got a 4 years old son, baby due in january 2014. Pray for me guys that every thing goes well. One more thing, never had even a single parking ticket but only the criminal conviction in November 2009 (where offence date was October 2008).
Looks like HO is getting bit faster with applications at the moment. Inshah Allah, every one will have a good news on their cases as well.