ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Used IRIS Crossing to enter into the UK - Advise needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

redbull110

Used IRIS Crossing to enter into the UK - Advise needed

Post by redbull110 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:17 am

Dear Gurus, senior members & Moderators,

I have a very particular question for which I am unable to have any proper answer, and decided to throw this towards the people of this forum to help me out of it.

Back in 2009, I volunteered for an IRIS Scheme, where a person when entering into the UK can use the IRIS Machine to cross the border, rather than queuing in the long immigration queues.

I registered for this scheme on 16th May 2009 at Heathrow Terminal 3 while exiting out from the country and used the IRIS crossing for 5 times in total to enter into this country on various occasions from 2009 to 2011. When you cross the border via IRIS machine, your passport is never stamped for the entry.

Now, as I am applying for ILR next week at PEO, I am not sure what to show in terms of these 5 entries I made into the UK where my passport is not stamped.

I wrote an email to IRIS team to help me sending any kind of proof so that I can attach it with my application, but they come back to me saying that the Section 4.4 of the IRIS scheme definition document states that your data is deleted after a period of 6 months, and that this period will begin with the date on which the person’s permission to participate in the scheme expires or is terminated.

I am not sure how can I proof that I entered into the UK on those dates as my passport is not stamped for the dates I used IRIS crossing.

I do have exit stamps from the last port of departure and boarding pass and e-tickets printouts. Is it worth including them with my application to proof that I entered UK on those dates?

Any expert comment or advice on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
REDBULL110

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Can you please tell which visa r u on.

I think I know the answer but first confirm your current natinality
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Tier-1 General Visa throughout 5 years.

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Re: Used IRIS Crossing to enter into the UK - Advise needed

Post by AndyGandhi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:46 am

redbull110 wrote:Dear Gurus, senior members & Moderators,

I have a very particular question for which I am unable to have any proper answer, and decided to throw this towards the people of this forum to help me out of it.

Back in 2009, I volunteered for an IRIS Scheme, where a person when entering into the UK can use the IRIS Machine to cross the border, rather than queuing in the long immigration queues.

I registered for this scheme on 16th May 2009 at Heathrow Terminal 3 while exiting out from the country and used the IRIS crossing for 5 times in total to enter into this country on various occasions from 2009 to 2011. When you cross the border via IRIS machine, your passport is never stamped for the entry.

Now, as I am applying for ILR next week at PEO, I am not sure what to show in terms of these 5 entries I made into the UK where my passport is not stamped.

I wrote an email to IRIS team to help me sending any kind of proof so that I can attach it with my application, but they come back to me saying that the Section 4.4 of the IRIS scheme definition document states that your data is deleted after a period of 6 months, and that this period will begin with the date on which the person’s permission to participate in the scheme expires or is terminated.

I am not sure how can I proof that I entered into the UK on those dates as my passport is not stamped for the dates I used IRIS crossing.

I do have exit stamps from the last port of departure and boarding pass and e-tickets printouts. Is it worth including them with my application to proof that I entered UK on those dates?

Any expert comment or advice on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
REDBULL110
You need not to worry, about IRIS entry. I also had 3 IRIS entries, however I had got the email from IRIS, confirming my entries. This was not asked by Case Worker. You should include a note against these entries that you used IRIS.
On another front, you can call UKBA Customer Care, for confirming, what I have said.
All the best

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks Andy for your reply.

I am just mentioning this in my covering letter as well as section 8B of the SET-O form expalining the situation. Hope that would help the case worker.

Cheers

REDBULL110

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 pm

cool somebody give you answer before me but mine is same answer

so don't worry

Thanks
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .