ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Raid on less balance in bank

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahbazali
- thin ice -

UKBA Raid on less balance in bank

Post by shahbazali » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 am

my friend applied visa 9 months before. 200k was in account but after amount was drawn from bank. ukba did raid at his house to arrest him. Luckily he was not at home that time.

can ukba put 320 on the basis of less amount in account?

thanks

rsrameshsunil

Re: UKBA Raid on less balance in bank

Post by rsrameshsunil » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 am

shahbazali wrote:my friend applied visa 9 months before. 200k was in account but after amount was drawn from bank. ukba did raid at his house to arrest him. Luckily he was not at home that time.

thanks
I do not understand your usage of words, "Raid" and "Arrest".
I also do not know what do you mean by "can ukba put 320 on the basis of less amount in account?" Is that a law reference point or something?

Do you mean to say your friend was already granted Tier 1 visa and is now in trouble because he does not have access to funds anymore?

In that case, all they would do is curtail the leave and send him back to the home country. Its surprising to see that UKBA folks do have so much time to follow up with every successful applicant and check if they continue to have access by raiding their homes? or it may be a case where some other person has reported to UKBA about any inappropriate behaviour of the applicant which resulted in UKBA's raid.
Anyway sounds very confusing. Please give further details.
Last edited by rsrameshsunil on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Post by sabuj263 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 am

Please provide more details about it.
Many Regards

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:31 pm

He must had used some other false/dodgy documents in his application.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Seems a new twist in Entrepreneur Visa, if the raid surely relates to same reason.

Putting 200K in an account all at once or with a couple of transactions and taking them out all at once or with a couple of transactions are checked in relation to different factors like account history, account category, transaction frequency, income source, salary, business etc. Any ambiguous transactions alarms money laundering OR black money which is a crime and could end up with account closure or legal proceedings.

removed user

Post by removed user » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:18 pm

UKBA do not have access to his bank account - It must have been something else.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Just googled UKBA + 320 and this is what I got..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /rfl/rfl5/

It seems something to do with being an immigration offender/ overstayer etc.

And this...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /rfl/rfl4/

but nothing makes sense here, until shahbazali gives more details about the post.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:43 pm

UKBA does not have access to the bank accounts.
At most they can call and request the banks and banks will reject the request on the clause of confidentiality.
Something else for sure
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:56 pm

This raid might be something else But it is wrong to say that UKBA dont have access to our bank accounts? When there is any kind of serious investigation involved, UKBA along with other organizations can do it anytime and we have already allowed them by signing in application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... revention/

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 pm

these types of surprise visit by ukba mostly happen to those applicant who use fake document and ukba ukba regard it as deception.

not to worry about it if u have used all genuine document and plz dont make ppl panic by using words "Raids""Arrest""FUNNY IS 320"

from where this word came from????? have to google word 320 lol

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Maybe it is erroneously written as mixture of '302' and '420'

shahbazali
- thin ice -

Post by shahbazali » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:08 am

the bank statement was original but now money is not in it.
I meant deception by 320.
what we will say if ukba comes with warrant? is it not raid?

how can we come to know that what was the reason of this ukba home visit.

thanks

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:14 pm

shahbazali wrote:my friend applied visa 9 months before. 200k was in account but after amount was drawn from bank. ukba did raid at his house to arrest him. Luckily he was not at home that time.

thanks
Unbelievable because ukba can refuse or raise subsequently an issue of 320 if they find any forged docs but less amount cannot turn them to impose 320 nor they have enough time to make any raid relevant to an under process application unless a spouse/partner of British/European citizen application where they may turn up in order to confirm the genuineness of marriage.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 am

Mr Legal wrote:

thanks
Unbelievable because ukba can refuse or raise subsequently an issue of 320 if they find any forged docs but less amount cannot turn them to impose 320 nor they have enough time to make any raid relevant to an under process application unless a spouse/partner of British/European citizen application where they may turn up in order to confirm the genuineness of marriage.
Do not agree with you on this. No, they do turn up in some cases by banging the door early morning if forged documents are used and they are 100% sure about it.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 am

If what rizwan is saying is true;

then this is such a waste of resources and other visa applicants money!
They could use these people resources for processing applications which have been pending for 9-10 months rather.
This is a crazy govt with priorities of appeasing voters only, and not getting skilled people in.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Looks like it is possible - see the news on ukba website

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ers-banned

But only when false docs are produced...