ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR interview coming - if to use a solicitor?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dminus
Newly Registered

ILR interview coming - if to use a solicitor?

Post by dminus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Greetings, everyone!

My ILR interview day is approaching, so I have been a frequent visitor to this form. It has been a great source of information for me and as I see for lots of other people as well.

Although my situation is relatively straightforward, I am considering at the moment using a solicitor and my employer has promised to contribute to legal fees. Can someone please look at my details and comment what are the risks there? I am just not sure I want to add 500+ pounds more on top of all the application fees.

Details:

Leave to enter granted on 17.09.08 as a work permit holder, expires 17.09.13. Entered UK on 22.09.08 accompanied by a spouse but divorced since. No dependents in the application. Staying with the same employer as a university lecturer.

Appointment in Croydon booked for 8am, August 22nd (26 days prior to my current lease expires, but more than 28 days before the 5th year anniversary of entering UK. It seems according to the current instructions this should not be a problem?)
412 days of absence, approximately 200 paid leave and 212 business trips, not exceeding 180 in any consecutive 12 months, each no longer than 42 days. The business trips are for various conferences and joint research projects. All the time salary paid by my employer only, and I maintained home in UK (renting a flat, owning a car, paying utilities, etc. Although I did not keep any original documents except car-related and flat leases to proof that. Any suggestions?) The employer would be glad to write any necessary letter. But I am still not sure how to classify some of the trips into business related or paid leave, since some of them were mix of both.

SOC Code 2311; Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) £54,826; Number of hours this salary is based on 35.

No criminal convictions or civil judgments that I am aware of. Two fixed penalty notices for driving: SP30 on 21.08.12 and CU80 on 18.04.13 with 3 points on my license each. May be some more parking tickets and penalty notices that were not endorsed in my license, so I don’t remember all the details. All paid in time, each no more than 30 pounds. I believe they don't even need to be declared, right?

Have original bank statements for last 3 months only, paychecks and P60 for the last two years, but requested a letter from HMRC.
Police registration certificate updated to my current address and family status as single.

Life in UK test passed on 27.06.13.

Anything else I missed?

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 pm

dear dminus

In my personal opinion if I would be you I would go for solicitor.

I know someone good if you really want it send me email on invoicegs@gmail.com
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

dminus
Newly Registered

Post by dminus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:43 pm

loveworld wrote:dear dminus

Thank you, but I was hoping you can motivate your opinion by pointing out any specific risks in my case. I understand straightforward cases are usually submitted without a solicitor.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:52 pm

well its entirely your choice.

well I am not advertise anyone here, u can see I have deep knowledge of this thing thats why I am suggesting.

it is upto you how you want to do & I specifically mention its my opinion because this is lifetime thing for this cant you spend little money.

if you are earning £54K then why you have to think like that.

I don't get it , something which only OISC advisor can tell which I can"t.

SO FINALLY WHEN I THINK TAHT IT"S BETTER TO SEND UR CASE TO ADVISER THAT MEANS ITS 99.99 % RIGHT MY FRIEND.

YOU DON"T WANT QUERY IN HO BUILDING & WAIT FOR 6 MONTHS

THANKS
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:51 pm

loveworld wrote:dear dminus

This defeats the whole purpose of this forum