ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling while there's a pending application for RoR.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ricardo

Travelling while there's a pending application for RoR.

Post by Ricardo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi Guys, I just need some advice on this issue that I'm not sure of. I have a pending application for RoR and I want to visit my sick family member next month. The application is nearly five months old. My question is, will I have any problem re-entry the country? Secondly, what documents do I need to take with me while travelling? My passport has been returned back to me and I also have COA. I'll appreciate any useful information on this issue.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 pm

If you are a non-visa national then the re-entry will be more easier.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 pm

sheraz7 wrote:If you are a non-visa national then re-entry will be more easier.
Thanks for the response. I'm not a non visa national. My question is, will there be any issue while re-entry?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:35 pm

I presume you have a valid residence card? It would be much better if your application had been dealt with by now. If you have genuine emergency reason to travel home, you may be able to expedite a decision.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I presume you have a valid residence card? It would be much better if your application had been dealt with by now. If you have genuine emergency reason to travel home, you may be able to expedite a decision.
Yes, my residence card is valid till 2016. My reasons for travelling a genuine one. I want to visit my sick family member and attend a wedding as well. My application is very slow, it will be 5 months by 13th of August. I will try and see whether I can speed it up. My question is, can UKBA deny me an entry back to the UK while my application for RoR is pending?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 am

Let's solve this point step by step.

Option 1:
During your stay in abroad,if HO decide your case,assume ROR granted then there will be no problem on the way back.

Option 2:
If HO decide your application and not satisfied with your claim during your abroad visit,then on the way back,there will be a problem..

Option 3:
If HO not Decide your application till your back arrival then may be IO office require some more details from you to satisfy their self.

May be an interview...
May be IO stop you for further enquiries...
May be IO contact to your case worker about the chances of your application..

Well in every single case they will give you in country right of appeal,if you do not sign any consent papers.

May be nothing can happen.

No body can predict on it.

Hope it's enough for your mind satisfaction.

Amebo
- thin ice -

Post by Amebo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:02 am

Imshzd wrote:Let's solve this point step by step.

Option 1:
During your stay in abroad,if HO decide your case,assume ROR granted then there will be no problem on the way back.

Option 2:
If HO decide your application and not satisfied with your claim during your abroad visit,then on the way back,there will be a problem..

Option 3:
If HO not Decide your application till your back arrival then may be IO office require some more details from you to satisfy their self.

May be an interview...
May be IO stop you for further enquiries...
May be IO contact to your case worker about the chances of your application..

Well in every single case they will give you in country right of appeal,if you do not sign any consent papers.

May be nothing can happen.

No body can predict on it.

Hope it's enough for your mind satisfaction.

Pls Ricardo, i will advice you to wait, i understand your travelling is so important, pls wait for the good news soon and then travel
LET YOUR WILL BE DONE, OH LORD

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks. This is a delicate situation. Someone must have knowledge of or first hand experience of this. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 pm

I have already bought a ticket worth £1000 and it's non refundable. I'm travelling by ending of next month. My application will be five and half month by the time ill be travelling. Does anyone know how I can pressure them into making a decision before then?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Ricardo wrote:I have already bought a ticket worth £1000 and it's non refundable. I'm travelling by ending of next month. My application will be five and half month by the time ill be travelling. Does anyone know how I can pressure them into making a decision before then?
Yes, contact them, explain your situation.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:00 am

Can someone give me a more precise answer to this questions?

I have already bought a ticket worth more than £1,000. My question is, can the Immigration officials deny me entry back to the country? If they can, will I be able to challenge their decision at the port of entrance e.g in country appeal? Secondly, what documents do I need to take with me while travelling? My passport has been returned back to me and I also have COA. I'll appreciate any useful information on this issue.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:57 am

I believe that your current residence card remains valid, unless it expires or is revoked. If they revoke it, then the burden of proof is on them, to show that you haven't retained the right of residence. You should get an in-country right of appeal.

You should carry proof to show that you have retained the right of residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks vinny. My current RC is valid till 2016 and I dont believe that they have cancelled it because it was still intact as at when they returned it back to me 3 weeks ago.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:16 am

To add to what vinny said, I would also ask someone to check my post on regular basis. If you are gone for several weeks, you don't want to find out on your return that the HO has refused your application and that the deadline for appeal (10 days) has expired.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:58 am

Jambo wrote:To add to what vinny said, I would also ask someone to check my post on regular basis. If you are gone for several weeks, you don't want to find out on your return that the HO has refused your application and that the deadline for appeal (10 days) has expired.
Thanks for you advice. I will be travelling for only 17 days. As you advice, I will ask someone to keep an eye on my post.