ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 am

@sanny goodmornin sweetheart..i pray yr dream comes true in jesus name....hmmmm as for d ombudsman i ws told i need to be refered to them by my mp.. so i am going to download the form and fill it up then pass it to mp to give ombudsman....i am also in the process of writing rob whiteman a letter which i will post by recorded delivery ......i hope this works cos all my kids and hubby passport are with them .........

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:27 am

@teebaby welcome back love..
@junaid welcome on board..the lord almighty will answer us all.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@sanny goodmornin sweetheart..i pray yr dream comes true in jesus name....hmmmm as for d ombudsman i ws told i need to be refered to them by my mp.. so i am going to download the form and fill it up then pass it to mp to give ombudsman....i am also in the process of writing rob whiteman a letter which i will post by recorded delivery ......i hope this works cos all my kids and hubby passport are with them .........
Goodluck Yummymummy3j and i pray to Allah that all the efforts you are putting into this, you get a good news soon :)

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:32 am

shea wrote:
majojo wrote:Hi guys I want to find out. Does home office inform you if your case is assigned to a case worker when you call the contact center as am still confused. Since they called my employers but when I call them they go like application still not complete and not assigned to a case worker
Never trust ukba when you call them. I called them early this month to ask about my application if it has been allocated to a case worker yet. The lady said I spoke said to said it hasn't. Then last week saturday i receieved my documents back, i was granted with my daughter since the 16th July.(it's an extension, applied in feb 2013) So never trust what they say because when she said that I wasn't expecting anything so soon after.
Congratulations, hope every one gets the news they are waiting for

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:33 am

@JUNAID ..THANX SOO MUCH BRO..I SAY A BIG AMEN TO THE PRAYER...MAY THE ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@sanny goodmornin sweetheart..i pray yr dream comes true in jesus name....hmmmm as for d ombudsman i ws told i need to be refered to them by my mp.. so i am going to download the form and fill it up then pass it to mp to give ombudsman....i am also in the process of writing rob whiteman a letter which i will post by recorded delivery ......i hope this works cos all my kids and hubby passport are with them .........

This what I do and it works for me because they had my kids passport for that long and I realise my case is with the caseworker I ask my mp to request my kids passport on the monday and on the thursday that's when I was granted and they post back all documents. So I think if I didn't done that I would be still waiting.. I read on the ukba site that if documents are with caseworKer for great amount a time and u request back the return of sponsor or dependant document the caseworker meant to make a decision before sending document back and that's the reason y I ask my mp to request back my kids passport.......

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 am

Amen to sanny26's prayers

@ yummymummy3j rob whiteman no longer works with the home office, he is now working in the public finance and accountancy so don't bother going down that route. You are better of with Mrs May

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:41 am

junaidmirza wrote:Hello people :), this is Junaid. My story,

Came here as a student in March 2006, got married (after getting permission from home office) in June 2008, got the spouse visa in July 2008. Had a baby boy in September 2009. Criminal record in November 2009, applied for ILR in June 2010, refused because of criminal record but was given discretionary leave to remain for the initial period of 3 years.

Extension application sent using FLR(O): 16/07/2013
HO received the application: 17/07/2013
Acknowledgement received: 19/07/2013 (dated 18/07/2013)
Bio-metric letter received : 26/07/2013 (dated 23/07/2013)
Bio-metric done: 26/07/2013 (same day)
Decision: waiting (lol, i know its too early)

Got 2 businesses, wife working as well, got a 4 years old son, baby due in january 2014. Pray for me guys that every thing goes well. One more thing, never had even a single parking ticket but only the criminal conviction in November 2009 (where offence date was October 2008).
Looks like HO is getting bit faster with applications at the moment. Inshah Allah, every one will have a good news on their cases as well.
Welcome Junaid, may the good lord give relief and strengthen us during this waiting game

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Re: hello all

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:41 am

Chidy wrote:i've been following this topic since i made my fresh FLR(o) application on Jan 2013
my timeline is

11/01/2013 post all files i had with my partner passport (based on private life which lives with my partner more than 9 years, and loads of docs, no kid)
22/01/2013 acknowledge letter from ukba
18/06/2013 bio-metric letter and did the enrolment on the next day

today, received a letter from the UKBA Sheffield team, saying that thanks for the application and returned my partner's passport. nothing more in the letter, except the case number, reference number, etc.

how long i should wait to hear the result after receiving this letter??
wonder if any1 received this kind of letter before hearing the result

best regards

Welcome to the forum. The letter you received with your partner's passport does not suggest anything. But if I have to guess, I would say that they might take long to deal with your case otherwise they would have waited to return all your documents in the same post. After all, it is a guess! Best of luck![

WITH MY FIRST APPLICATN , HUBBY AND DAUGHTERS PASSPORT WERE RETURNRD 2 WEEK AFTER MY BIO WAS DONE, AND I WAITED 8WEEKS B4 I WAS GRANTED MY DLR......
flr o application:sent 15th oct
bio done: 16th march
decision: still waitin

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:43 am

@yummymummy3 here's a advice hun if the case is not with a caseworker yet and u request the return of your hubby and kids passport then they take photocopy and send you back the orginal, if its with a caseworker and you request the return of your hubby and kids passport then the caseworker will defo make a decision before sending back docs especially they had your kids and hubby british passport for a great amount of time.. Its best to used ur mp they handle it more quicker.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:46 am

@DAPSSON LEE THX SOO MUCH FOR THE INFO..... BUT I THOT HE WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL AUGUST HEARD ONE SARAH RAPSON IS REPLACIN HIM..PLS HV U GOT D CONTACT OF WHO TO WRITE TO PLS..... INCLUDING THERESA MAY. COS I WANT TO WRITE TO ALL THE BOSSES BY RECORDED DELIVERY AM SURE ONE OF THEM WILL ACT EVENTUAL.... MEHN!! THE ROAD TO JUSTICE IS LONG AND FULL OF HURDLES THO

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 am

@SANNY26 THX DEAR... OK WILL TELL D MP TO REQUEST THEIR PASSPORTS BACK .....AND WILL STILL GO AHEAD WITH THW OMBUDSMAN ROUTE...XXX

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:53 am

dapsonlee wrote:

@ yummymummy3j rob whiteman no longer works with the home office, he is now working in the public finance and accountancy so don't bother going down that route. You are better of with Mrs May
Mark Harper is the immigration boss, right?

Haha does anyone else think Theresa May looks like Cruella De Ville -hair n all.... she just needs a dalmatian puppy coat to complete her look loool :lol:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:56 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@DAPSSON LEE THX SOO MUCH FOR THE INFO..... BUT I THOT HE WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL AUGUST HEARD ONE SARAH RAPSON IS REPLACIN HIM..PLS HV U GOT D CONTACT OF WHO TO WRITE TO PLS..... INCLUDING THERESA MAY. COS I WANT TO WRITE TO ALL THE BOSSES BY RECORDED DELIVERY AM SURE ONE OF THEM WILL ACT EVENTUAL.... MEHN!! THE ROAD TO JUSTICE IS LONG AND FULL OF HURDLES THO
Her she is actually but trust me, there is a section of the forum I follow here so closely, he never actions out any request since the mention if his replacement h just gives out unresponsive replies. Anyways here is what you requested for these two are very effective and those who wrote them got a response on their case 3 weeks later. I pray ours will be sooner (amen)

Theresa May - mayt@parliament.uk
Mark Harper - mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk

And if you still want Rob Whiteman - rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Hope it helps dear.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 am

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Haha does anyone else think Theresa May looks like Cruella De Ville -hair n all.... she just needs a dalmatian puppy coat to complete her look loool :lol:
You are funny verbina I give you that lol. That home she calls her office has worn her old looking so old. I really feel for her and hey how come you ain't done your biometrics yet or have you 5 months is a long wait for that?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:00 am

Came here as a student in March 2006, got married (after getting permission from home office) in June 2008, got the spouse visa in July 2008. Had a baby boy in September 2009. Criminal record in November 2009, applied for ILR in June 2010, refused because of criminal record but was given discretionary leave to remain for the initial period of 3 years.

Got 2 businesses, wife working as well, got a 4 years old son, baby due in january 2014. Pray for me guys that every thing goes well. One more thing, never had even a single parking ticket but only the criminal conviction in November 2009 (where offence date was October 2008).
Looks like HO is getting bit faster with applications at the moment. Inshah Allah, every one will have a good news on their cases as well.
Welcome to the forum hun!!! Hope your wait wont be too long!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:20 am

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

You are funny verbina I give you that lol. That home she calls her office has worn her old looking so old. I really feel for her and hey how come you ain't done your biometrics yet or have you 5 months is a long wait for that?
Urrrm yeah I suppose you're right she aged a lot at the job... I blame her stylists for everything else 8)

Re. my biometrics: DAMN I would like to know the answer!!!

On 31/07 it will be 6 whole months since my representation was submitted.
The thing is that I never got to submit a proper paid-for application, only initial free representation by my solicitor. No real documents either, just a letter from Social Services stating that my daughter will be devastated if I was to be deported.
(Im seeking FLR as a parent of a British child, who is a subject of a Carer Order and currently lives in a foster placement).

I kept on bugging my solicitor about biometrics and submitting a proper application with supporting evidence:court contact orders etc, but he told me until my initial representation is refused, we cant do that :(.

So its like I really dont know what Im waiting for exactly and I dont know of anyone with similar situation to mine...

All I do is sign on at reporting centre every 2 weeks - no right to work, nothing... sucks!

Phewwwwh! Feeling better already after this rant!!! :twisted:

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:37 am

@DAPSONLEE THANK U SOOO MUCH MUAAAAAAAH
@VERBINA DALMATIAN COAT...BWAHHHHHLOL...U R SOOOO FUNNY..... I TINK ITS BECOS ITS NOT A PAID APPLICATN DATS WHY U R HAVIN TO WAIT SO LONG. FOR BIO...I WILL SUGGEST YOU START GETTIN YR MP INVOLVED ....GOODLUCK
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:38 am

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Urrrm yeah I suppose you're right she aged a lot at the job... I blame her stylists for everything else 8)

The thing is that I never got to submit a proper paid-for application, only initial free representation by my solicitor. No real documents either, just a letter from Social Services stating that my daughter will be devastated if I was to be deported.
(Im seeking FLR as a parent of a British child, who is a subject of a Carer Order and currently lives in a foster placement).

I kept on bugging my solicitor about biometrics and submitting a proper application with supporting evidence:court contact orders etc, but he told me until my initial representation is refused, we cant do that :(.

So its like I really dont know what Im waiting for exactly and I dont know of anyone with similar situation to mine...

All I do is sign on at reporting centre every 2 weeks - no right to work, nothing... sucks!

Lol feel free to de stress its normal. I just started to open up after 11 years with no one knowing the pain one goes through. But anyways I would have thought they would need to have everything on you including biometrics before they decide to refuse anything. Sigh! Right this is a link to where I watch the gurus give advice on all sorts. Someone will definitely respond and give you (hopefully) a good advise will be given to shed some light on and some weight off your heart and I reall hope after posting there you find a light.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=43574

It's worth a try!!! Hope that makes you feel slightl better :)
Last edited by dapsonlee on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:38 am

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

verbina its a lot to handle dear, I feel your pain. Has you representative contacted HO for biometrics yet?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:45 am

I JUST LOVE DIS FORUM WONDERFUL PEOPLE SHARING THEIR EXPERIENCES......WE DO NOT KNOW EACHOTHER YET WE SUPPORT AND FIND SOLACE IN ONE ANOTHER... ...IT HAS HELPED ME TO MAINTAIN MY SANITY...AT LEAST IT HELPS TO KNOW YOU ARE NT ALONE.... YOU GUYZ ROCK

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:45 am

Your case looks very strong mate ur extension will be done easily.

Thanks

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:46 am

yummymummy3j wrote:I JUST LOVE DIS FORUM WONDERFUL PEOPLE SHARING THEIR EXPERIENCES......WE DO NOT KNOW EACHOTHER YET WE SUPPORT AND FIND SOLACE IN ONE ANOTHER... ...IT HAS HELPED ME TO MAINTAIN MY SANITY...AT LEAST IT HELPS TO KNOW YOU ARE NT ALONE.... YOU GUYZ ROCK

Same here.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:47 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@DAPSONLEE THANK U SOOO MUCH MUAAAAAAAH
@VERBINA LOL...U R SOOOO FUNNY..... I TINK ITS BECOS ITS NOT A PAID APPLICATN DATS WHY U R HAVIN TO WAIT SO LONG. FOR BIO...I WILL SUGGEST YOU START GETTIN YR MP INVOLVED ....GOODLUCK
Thanks love! I think so too! So next week I will be firing off complaints to HO to remind them of their duty to consider best interests of a child. As in my case my daughter cant be returned to my care until my immigration status gets clarified...

Have you sent complaint to Home Office first?

I know thats what we are meant to do, but I wonder if there could be a way to bypass it and go straight to MP and Ombudsman...

I have a feeling when I eventually get an answer, they ll just tell me to submit a proper application and that means more waiting...

I was in detention centre when my representation was made lol, so I wasnt exactly thinking straight and I just wanted to get out asap.

So I couldnt wait to gather evidence for a real application, photographs etc, so I settled for free one, but now Im suffering consequence

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:52 am

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

Lol feel free to de stress its normal. I just started to open up after 11 years with no one knowing the pain one goes through. But anyways I would have thought they would need to have everything on you including biometrics before they decide to refuse anything. Sigh! Right this is a link to where I watch the gurus give advice on all sorts. Someone will definitely respond and give you (hopefully) a good advise will be given to shed some light on and some weight off your heart and I reall hope after posting there you find a light.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=43574

It's worth a try!!! Hope that makes you feel slightl better :)
Awwwh your legend!!!! :D

Thank you very much!!!!!

Ill be off there now!

BTW totally know the feeling of years of not being able to tell anyone the truth about my [lack of] status. Running out of excuses for not being able to go on holidays with friends....