ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding dependent on Tier 1 entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snapbikash
Newly Registered

regarding dependent on Tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by snapbikash » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:43 am

Hi i a have been granted as a tier1 entrepreneur visa just few weeks ago . now i am planning to put my wife as my dependent on my visa . she is holding Tier 4 student Visa and her course has already finished but still got visa until this October. Now can anyone in this forum plz advice me how can she switch from her visa to my visa under dependent and will she have to leave the country if so does she have to return BRP Card to home office or can take BrP along with her and apply from back country for Dependent Visa under my category and surrender BRP Card at same time while applying because in Dependent Visa form it has asked have you had biometric card previously if so please mention it .

My concern is that does she have to write simple cover letter to homeoffice before leaving country mentioning that her course is finished and will return back to country and is it good or necessary to say that she will be applying as dependent under my visa from back to country . under same cover letter .

If she go back to country now and apply under dependent visa will case worker be confused or not because her tier 4 student visa is still valid and same time she will be applying as Dependent visa .

Is it allowed to apply under dependent category of my tier 1 visa while she is still on Tier 4 student visa or does she have to cancel tier 4 visa first personally and can apply .

searoze

Re: regarding dependent on Tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by searoze » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 pm

snapbikash wrote: will she have to leave the country if so does she have to return BRP Card to home office or can take BrP along with her and apply from back country for Dependent Visa under my category and surrender BRP Card at same time while applying because in Dependent Visa form it has asked have you had biometric card previously if so please mention it .

Ans to Q1.She has to leave the country
ANs to Q2. If she holds valid visa, no need to return the BRP at the time of leaving but need to send along with application when applies from outside country.
She has to provide all the details in new application.
Cover letter shouldnt be a prob for CW
Hope it helps

searoze

Re: regarding dependent on Tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by searoze » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:27 pm

snapbikash wrote:Hi i a have been granted as a tier1 entrepreneur visa just few weeks ago . now i am planning to put my wife as my dependent on my visa . she is holding Tier 4 student Visa and her course has already finished but still got visa until this October. Now can anyone in this forum plz advice me how can she switch from her visa to my visa under dependent and will she have to leave the country if so does she have to return BRP Card to home office or can take BrP along with her and apply from back country for Dependent Visa under my category and surrender BRP Card at same time while applying because in Dependent Visa form it has asked have you had biometric card previously if so please mention it .

My concern is that does she have to write simple cover letter to homeoffice before leaving country mentioning that her course is finished and will return back to country and is it good or necessary to say that she will be applying as dependent under my visa from back to country . under same cover letter .

If she go back to country now and apply under dependent visa will case worker be confused or not because her tier 4 student visa is still valid and same time she will be applying as Dependent visa .

Is it allowed to apply under dependent category of my tier 1 visa while she is still on Tier 4 student visa or does she have to cancel tier 4 visa first personally and can apply .
See details here