ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please desparate for FLR from fiance visa in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Row

Please desparate for FLR from fiance visa in UK

Post by Row » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:48 pm

Hi
I would really like to hear from someone who has previous experience of applying for their fiance FLR. My now husband is here on his fiance visa and we want to go forward with the Further leave to remain visa, but would like reassurance about the type of evidence required.
I am currently employed as a primary school teacher earning £1300 p/m but am in my overdraft after our wedding. My overdraft is £1250. Just want to know that the home office will accept this due to the circumstances of just getting married etc.
Thanks for any further advice,
Row

Row

Need advice

Post by Row » Sun May 06, 2007 10:06 am

Please if anyone has any experience of the application and cover letters needed due to overdraft etc please can you reply
Cheers :D

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue May 08, 2007 2:08 pm

Row,
The Home Office does not reject your application just because you are over drawn. you will be ok if you can prove with evidence that your marriage is geniune and that your husband wont be claiming any public funds.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue May 08, 2007 4:06 pm

If your finances are something you are concerned about, you could always put together a monthy budget and enclose it with your application to highlight that your husband won't need public funds.

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Thu May 10, 2007 8:59 pm

they will not be concerend that you are in the overdraft, you will have to prove that your monthly outgoings are easily covered by your monthly incomings and that you will be able to support another person without them having to claim public funds

Row

Documents

Post by Row » Thu May 10, 2007 9:15 pm

Ok that is waht I have done. I have drawn up a monthly budget but the surplus is only £61, though the budget includes all the bills, rent, loan repayment, food, clothes, entertainment, phone bill, mobile bill, travel cards, etc.
I have inlcuded wedding costs, room play, tenancy agreement (with husbands name on too), bank statements (6 months), payslips, marriage certificate, wedding photos, my statement, father sponsor letter and bank statement with savings.
Please let me know what other documents may be needed.
Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Documents

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 10, 2007 10:27 pm

Row wrote:Ok that is waht I have done. I have drawn up a monthly budget but the surplus is only £61, though the budget includes all the bills, rent, loan repayment, food, clothes, entertainment, phone bill, mobile bill, travel cards, etc.
I have inlcuded wedding costs, room play, tenancy agreement (with husbands name on too), bank statements (6 months), payslips, marriage certificate, wedding photos, my statement, father sponsor letter and bank statement with savings.
Please let me know what other documents may be needed.
Thanks
Don't forget to budget for the cost of the FLR visa, the caseworker might be on the ball and pick up on it.

Row

Thanks

Post by Row » Sat May 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Thanks for that advice good plan.
I was wondering about it but I have changed it now.

Any other usual information let me know,

My father is writing his sponsor letter but he only has an online bank account and can not receive paper bank statements, so that is all that he can submit for our sponsorship confirmation.
]
Cheers

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat May 12, 2007 2:16 pm

My father is writing his sponsor letter but he only has an online bank account and can not receive paper bank statements
There is big chance that they will not accept online statements as they are open to manipulations. Do confirm this before you apply. Ask the bank for a copy of the original statements. You may have to pay, but it is till better than encountering problems later.
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 13, 2007 10:25 am

I only have electronic statements myself
I always go to the bank and they put on their letterhead my accounts and its balance and then they stamp it and sign it.
This has always worked with the home office
I also explain that I have only electronic statements which is why I have gone to the bank to get them to authenticate them.
Usually it is a hassle for the bank to give you a statement once you set it up as electronic.
Future statements can usually be sent as a paper statement but to regenerate electronic ones into the paper statement format generally poses problems
You can try to change the format now and see if you get a new paper statement by mail to submit if you have some leeway time before the time you plan to submit.
Cheers

Row

ING no bank

Post by Row » Sun May 13, 2007 10:48 am

I am not sure but I think ING don't have a way of confirming the bank statements.
I like check it before and ask the home office.
Thanks Row

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue May 15, 2007 10:08 pm

There is big chance that they will not accept online statements as they are open to manipulations. Do confirm this before you apply. Ask the bank for a copy of the original statements.
When I applied for my entry clearance I submitted print outs of my bank statements. British High comission did not raise any questions. So i assume its quiet acceptable. After all its easy for them to make some enquires in UK, if they want to which I very much doubt it..

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 15, 2007 10:25 pm

On the form, it states no print outs from the internet, meaning don't bother with a screen print that just shows a rolling tally of the balance. Electronic statements are a level above and more acceptable and in this day and age, probably better understood depending on the caseworker. It is still not as authentic as a mailed statement. In any case, why take a chance that is unncessary. A pinch of prevention is worth a pound of cure. (ie, more time to get it done right is better than more time to fix an objection that might cost more money in the long run)

Row

Well he got it!

Post by Row » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:01 pm

Hey guys,
Thought would let you know, my husband now has his two year FLR in his passport. The home office was only worried about passports, bank statements, marriage certificate and we had to force them to look at some of other documents such as my payslips and father in law sponsors letters. Very friendly staff and a fairly pleasant experience after all the stress.
Much easier than imagined and no questions asked.
Thanks for all your comments

Row

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:41 pm

congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.