ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration plans from UK to Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bond0176
Newly Registered

Immigration plans from UK to Australia

Post by bond0176 » Sun May 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi,

I am married and in UK with my wife on a Working Holiday Maker Visa. As settling in UK is very difficult, we are exploring the option of going to Australia. Can someone give info on how I should go about it, what are the options available to me and what are the things I should take care of?

Cheers.

Vicki
Newly Registered

Post by Vicki » Wed May 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi there,

You could start by looking at the information on the Department of Immigration's website. www.immi.gov.au.

There are basically four streams of permanent migration into Australia: skilled migration, business skills migration, family migration and the refugee program.

In addition, there are numerous temporary visas.

Basic things to consider would be you and your wife's occupation, qualifications, work experience and whether you have relatives in Australia.

I would recommend that you seek professional advice from a MARA registered migration agent.

Cheers,

Vicki

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Sat May 26, 2007 5:12 pm

What Nationality are you and your wife? From what I read Australia can be harder than the UK.

thinker

Hi

Post by thinker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:55 am

Before you choose a migration agent be sure to read the forum topic "DIY vs Migration Agent" post.

If your case isn't complex, you would save $1000's by doing the application yourself.

Complex cases are were a person's self assessment of points do not meet the minimum points required. Current min is 125 points.

You should also note that going through an agent will not increase your chances of getting a visa. It all depends on your skills, exp, age, health, language ability and the supporting docs that you are able to provide.

Australian Visa process is definitely much easier than the British. It does not matter which NATIONALITY you are!

Vicki
Newly Registered

Post by Vicki » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:05 am

Hi all,

Currently the pass mark for points for independent skilled migration is 120 points.

Be aware of changes to general skilled migration coming on 1 September 07.

Advantage of using a professional registered agent is that you get the benefit of experience and thus reduce the risk of disappointment and time-wasting. What you may pay in fees you will save in time and stress! But make sure you are happy with the agent's fees and that they are registered. Every case is different; you should be careful of comparing your situation with others, although it can be very helpful and encouraging to discuss your experiences with other people on forums like this.

Cheers,

Vicki

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:56 am

Hi --

Vicki, with apologies, I took the liberty of editing your *.sig file.

Please read:

-> Announcements -> using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=11812

And somewhat related:

-> Announcements -> Policy change regarding member websites
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10027

While the second topic does not talk about advertising in your *.sig, I think the policy is pretty clear.

I will edit the announcements to specifically include reference to using signature files as advertising mechanisms.

You are welcome to stay, and you are welcome to occasionally reference specific web pages within a particular post, when such provides an actual resource that is related to the topic.

So long as our competitors do not otherwise annoy us (such as stealing content from our websites), they are allowed and welcome to participate here.

However, using our forum to solicit your own client base is not a healthy business activity for us to allow you (or anyone) to engage in.

That applies also to using our PM system.

I hope you understand.

Thank you,

the Admin

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Vicki wrote:Hi all,

Currently the pass mark for points for independent skilled migration is 120 points.

Be aware of changes to general skilled migration coming on 1 September 07.

Advantage of using a professional registered agent is that you get the benefit of experience and thus reduce the risk of disappointment and time-wasting. What you may pay in fees you will save in time and stress! But make sure you are happy with the agent's fees and that they are registered. Every case is different; you should be careful of comparing your situation with others, although it can be very helpful and encouraging to discuss your experiences with other people on forums like this.

Cheers,

Vicki
What exactly are you a doctor of, Vicky?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

kal

Post by kal » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:33 am

Hi Friends,

What is the current processing time, if we apply for Australian Immigration from UK, however I am indian citizen.

Pls advice

Thakns