ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brtitish Passport for newborn from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Brtitish Passport for newborn from Pakistan

Post by lynxukauq » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi

Can someone please advise how long is taking currently to apply for first time British passport for newborn baby from Pakistan? I hold British citizenship and child will be born in Pakistan.

Or is it easier to go for COE to ROA?

Your experience and input will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:42 pm

The website says 6 months, when I asked at the high commission they said 5/6 months.

I am in the same boat as you, I am a British national, my wife gave birth in Pakistan. I applied for a British passport for my daughter in Islamabad on 20th May, phoned them today and they said it's under process. They advised that it could take up to 6 months and I should phone back every month.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks akhan47 for your reply, yes you are right the current timescale as advertised on the website does state minimum of 6 months for british passport application.

I really don't want to go that route as can't wait for that long. Hence have decided to apply for ROA but I have very queries regarding the form.

I have read the supporting document guide. Just really have two questions.

1. Who signs the form since baby can't sign, will it be myself signing the form.
2. And do we need to get the documents attested, or copies of will suffice.

If you know anyone who has gone through ROA application, that will really help me out.

Thanks
Regards