ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change name after getting maried

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

duende
Newly Registered

Change name after getting maried

Post by duende » Sun May 13, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi all,

I am planning to get married soon, but I am wondering if I would need to renew my Registration Certificate (for Bulgarians and Romanians), and how I could do that? Both my boyfriend and me have obtained those registration certificates in January 2007, giving us the right to love and work freely in th UK. I am going just to add his surname next to mine, but that should be still treated as "change in details" I guess. Anyone knows what the procedure for obtaining a new certificate is? Because basically I shouldn't apply for a new one; just need to request another one with my new surname on it...

Many thanks in advance!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 13, 2007 4:16 pm

I am planning to get married soon ...... giving us the right to love and work freely in th UK
And clearly that is exactly what you are doing! Or might that just be a typing mistake? :lol:

As regards your question, not sure of the answer but suspect that if you phone the BIA helpline they will be able to tell you.

However ... your passport? Will you get a new passport in your new surname? Or will there simply be a sticker in your existing passport to indicate your change of surname?
John

duende
Newly Registered

Post by duende » Sun May 13, 2007 5:07 pm

:D To live, of course, but that includes everything :D Apologies for the mistake anyway.

:wink:

Thanks for your reply, I will give them a call next week to get an advise; hopefully they will be able to provide me with a new certificate, skipping the whole process of applying and waiting as a new applicant.

Yes, I will need to get a new passport...And as I still have a HSMP visa in my current one, I will need to keep the old passport as well (although being punched). I will check if a sticker could be enough - that would save me quite a lot of time and money. Especially if I am just adding another surname. I will probably need to change all my debit/credit cards as well, but that's different conversation. :roll:

Thanks again!