ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yaz157
Newly Registered

FLR O

Post by yaz157 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 am

Thank u sir for replay.I did not made applee when homeoffice refused my ILR .I just sent them reconsider request .that is still panding.When I made FLR O application .I sent to homeoffice my DOCTOR report and all my family and friends Suporting letter. which shoes that I been victim of domestic violence.this is true.when I sent reconsider request I also wrote there this.My work people kick me out from work bcoz they said I need to bring letter from homeoffice for permission to work.i wrote letter to homeoffice for permission to work but they sent me Simple letter .there is notting permission to work.I m job less last 4 moths .I m going to my Mp tomorrow that he write a letter for my permission to work to homeoffice.can u tell me plz how can I get this letter.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Yaz157, I sympathise with you as domestic violence and abuse can swing the other way too. So this could be your 'get out of jail ticket' Did you report her to the authorities and was she arrested or cautioned? If so you have a lot going in your favour so far!

socrates

Post by socrates » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 pm

yahwadud wrote:Hello Guys.
Has anybody ever receive a Biometric fingerprint Letter that indicated you not to pay any fee at the post office?
(2)received a letter that a decision has been made to grant you a period of leave to remain , but the period is not mentioned ?

Does these mean an indefinite leave to Remain?

Last edited by yahwadud on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
@yahwadud, In as much as I wish it is ILR you have been granted, the tone of the letter '' a decision has been made to grant you a PERIOD of Leave to Remain'' quite indicates that it might be not be ILR. ILR is indefinite and the word ''PERIOD'' indicates this is not. In any case half bread, they say is better than none, it is far better than being refused. CONGRATULATIONS

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:14 pm

socrates wrote:
Has anybody ever receive a Biometric fingerprint Letter that indicated you not to pay any fee at the post office?
(2)received a letter that a decision has been made to grant you a period of leave to remain , but the period is not mentioned ?

@yahwadud, In as much as I wish it is ILR you have been granted, the tone of the letter '' a decision has been made to grant you a PERIOD of Leave to Remain'' quite indicates that it might be not be ILR. ILR is indefinite and the word ''PERIOD'' indicates this is not. In any case half bread, they say is better than none, it is far better than being refused. CONGRATULATIONS
point of correction!.the definition of period may be indefinite period.i will keep you posted anyway.watch out

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:20 pm

SDP wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:@God gives absolutely right. ILR is permanent and LTR is temporary.

Just had a scary thought. That guy on the Jeremy Kyle clip could be a Sheffield caseworker. God help us all, I really hope not! Nah, no chance hmmmmm makes you wonder though!!!
Lol.....we don't want anymore jokers at HO !
.point of correction!there is no such leave as LTR (Temporary) as you quoted.A perod of leave may be an indefinite period which i guess it is according to someone that got a similar letter and was granted indefinite.will keep you posted thou

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Yes 100% correct thanks for pointing it out it supposed to say DLR.

I think Socrates is rooting for you to get ILR so you may have misunderstood his angle slightly by your reaction. All the best I hope you were granted ILR.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:24 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@believe

you just made me burst out laughing about csi stuff wow your hillarious haha i was feeling abit down n confused now youve made me cheer up thanks more possitive energy needed in this forum
Hi Only me,

Congrats your decision is fast approaching, a birth certificate will do but DNA will be the icing on the cake I agree with BELIEVE it would be csi stuff but at least they will have all that they have asked for.

Good luck and keep on praying your in my thoughts.You will be ok it doesn't sound too bad to me.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Hope everyone had a fab weekend!!!! Roll on Monday lets get our chickens to show some proper teeth this week!!! 8)

http://omegaforums.net/attachments/rare ... jpg.19644/
Last edited by verbina on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:04 pm

verbina wrote:Hope everyone had a fab weekend!!!! Roll on Monday and lets hope the week ahead brings us all long-awaited good news!!! 8) 8) 8)

I was just abt to write that msg n u wrote it. Waiting for good news msgs from my forum members.

Thanks

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 pm

verbina wrote:Hope everyone had a fab weekend!!!! Roll on Monday and lets hope the week ahead brings us all long-awaited good news!!! 8) 8) 8)
Thank you verbina. A little prayer goes a long way. And the prayer is extended to those in the process of appeal. God is with us all (Amen).

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:18 pm

HA ha check out my link in the previous post :lol:

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:27 pm

verbina wrote:Hope everyone had a fab weekend!!!! Roll on Monday lets get our chickens to show some proper teeth this week!!! 8)

http://omegaforums.net/attachments/rare ... jpg.19644/
Here goes verbina again hahaha that must be a crocodile chicken can't wait to see what @believe2013 is gonna say about this one! I pray we all laugh till the end of this week. Lol saved it as my wallpaper (memorabilia).

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:09 pm

[quote="verbina"]HA ha check out my link in the previous post :lol:[/quote

]

Lol ! Good one.... Verbina you r just too good....
:lol:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:HA ha check out my link in the previous post :lol:[/quote

]

Lol ! Good one.... Verbina you r just too good....
:lol:
Just got too much time on my hands lool

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Lol that's quite convincing Verbina, however I suspect fowl play!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Lol that's quite convincing Verbina, however I suspect fowl play!
This:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... nkwood.jpg

is the real foul play!

Dear forum moderators this is the last 1! Just to finalise this weekend's entertainment! And back to being strictly on topic!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:53 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Lol that's quite convincing Verbina, however I suspect fowl play!
This:

is the real foul play!

Dear forum moderators this is the last 1! Just to finalise this weekend's entertainment! And back to being strictly on topic!

Looks like this one is escaping from the Jurassic park. :)

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:03 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
This:

is the real foul play!

Looks like this one is escaping from the Jurassic park. :)
Lol, i was actually watching Jurassic Park on ITV 2 literally 2 minutes back...

junaidmirza

Re: FLR O

Post by junaidmirza » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:12 pm

yaz157 wrote:Thank u sir for replay.I did not made applee when homeoffice refused my ILR .I just sent them reconsider request .that is still panding.When I made FLR O application .I sent to homeoffice my DOCTOR report and all my family and friends Suporting letter. which shoes that I been victim of domestic violence.this is true.when I sent reconsider request I also wrote there this.My work people kick me out from work bcoz they said I need to bring letter from homeoffice for permission to work.i wrote letter to homeoffice for permission to work but they sent me Simple letter .there is notting permission to work.I m job less last 4 moths .I m going to my Mp tomorrow that he write a letter for my permission to work to homeoffice.can u tell me plz how can I get this letter.
@Yaz157, honestly speaking, you need a good legal immigration advice. If you sent a reconsideration letter to HO, unless they replied back to you with some kind of acknowledgement for it, i am afraid but your legal status in UK will be illegal and where ever you will be working will be illegal as well. If you have an acknowledgement for the initial reconsideration letter you sent to HO after your ILR was refused, you can still work and live legally until they make a decision on it.
As said before, applying for FLR(O) wasn't a good move if they were considering your old ILR application after you sent them the reconsideration letter (i still believe you should have appealed the decision at that time rather sending a letter) but if they never acknowledged the letter you have sent, FLR(O) application depends on the circumstances and reasons you have given while applying.
I am not advising you but i know one thing that number of people without any immigration status are working illegally and many employers are willing to hire them to save money on labor cost. No where i am saying to break the law and try to do something like that though :).
My prayers are with you my brother and i really feel for you.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 pm

@yahwadud, As far as my little knowledge of immigration law is concerned, period of leave to remain means LIMITED PERIOD OF LEAVE and not INDEFINITE. Though i pray that it is ILR, but 9 out of 10 of the statement like this means LTR rather ILR. I know it may not be what you were expecting but i ll still say LUCKY GUY GOT THE VISA ATLEAST as people are waiting for atleast a positive reply from HO but no avail :(.

yahwadud

War between conservative leaders on immigration

Post by yahwadud » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:34 am

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:23 am

Good morning Forum, hope some more good news today, all the best guys and good luck.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 am

Morning guys!!

Facing an MP dilemma here....

My MP is George Hollingbery who is also a Parliamentary Private Secretary for Theresa May!!!

Im now worried about conflict of interest here...

Perhaps he wouldn't be as supportive ?

I wonder if I should move to another constituency first...

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 am

verbina wrote:Morning guys!!

Facing an MP dilemma here....

My MP is George Hollingbery who is also a Parliamentary Private Secretary for Theresa May!!!

Im now worried about conflict of interest here...

Perhaps he wouldn't be as supportive ?

I wonder if I should move to another constituency first...
I would like to think that would make him more careful about how he handles issues coz he might just be accused of favouring the home office...therefore he has to be seen to be doing the right...it would be interesting to find out if anyone on this forum has dealt with him before...mmmmmhhh!!!!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: FLR O

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 am

junaidmirza wrote:
yaz157 wrote:Thank u sir for replay.I did not made applee when homeoffice refused my ILR .I just sent them reconsider request .that is still panding.When I made FLR O application .I sent to homeoffice my DOCTOR report and all my family and friends Suporting letter. which shoes that I been victim of domestic violence.this is true.when I sent reconsider request I also wrote there this.My work people kick me out from work bcoz they said I need to bring letter from homeoffice for permission to work.i wrote letter to homeoffice for permission to work but they sent me Simple letter .there is notting permission to work.I m job less last 4 moths .I m going to my Mp tomorrow that he write a letter for my permission to work to homeoffice.can u tell me plz how can I get this letter.
@Yaz157, honestly speaking, you need a good legal immigration advice. If you sent a reconsideration letter to HO, unless they replied back to you with some kind of acknowledgement for it, i am afraid but your legal status in UK will be illegal and where ever you will be working will be illegal as well. If you have an acknowledgement for the initial reconsideration letter you sent to HO after your ILR was refused, you can still work and live legally until they make a decision on it.
As said before, applying for FLR(O) wasn't a good move if they were considering your old ILR application after you sent them the reconsideration letter (i still believe you should have appealed the decision at that time rather sending a letter) but if they never acknowledged the letter you have sent, FLR(O) application depends on the circumstances and reasons you have given while applying.
I am not advising you but i know one thing that number of people without any immigration status are working illegally and many employers are willing to hire them to save money on labor cost. No where i am saying to break the law and try to do something like that though :).
My prayers are with you my brother and i really feel for you.
I was also told that I cannot work by UKBA and when I followed it up through my MP...I found it is because they logged in my application as an overstayer......they have now fixed that but they refused to give me a letter to allow me to work stating that 'when I get a job, the employer should contact them and they will tell said employer that i have the right to work'. But its still worth a try with through your MP and see what happens...