ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Holder leaving job

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetpea35
Newly Registered

WP Holder leaving job

Post by sweetpea35 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:19 pm

Help! After only 7 months in my UK job, I have decided to give my notice as we have been unable to resolve some work issues. I have given my 8 weeks notice and will leave my job at the end of June.

I have a lease through December, and I would really like to stay in the UK. But I am confused about my options.

1. To make sure I don't mess up any future WP applications, do I need to go home to the U.S. and come back on a visitor's visa?

2. My employer has agreed to be helpful, by doing whatever I need to not get deported. My understanding is that they send a letter to the home office stating termination of my employment. Should I tell them to delay or not send the letter? But will not sending the letter hurt my future chances?

3. What are my options for staying? Another work permit, HSMP, etc?

Thank you so much for any advice offered.