ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP Granted...., What next to do in UK ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Roby
Newly Registered

EEA FP Granted...., What next to do in UK ?

Post by Roby » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

Hi guys,

My EEA Family permit has finally been approved after denial 1st time . One step has gone still lots to go through. To apply for residence card in UK I knew that I must send these documents to HO in Durham with payment to 55 pounds as fee To avoid delays

-Application form with 2 recent photos.
-Both of our original passports.
-Original Marriage certificate accompanied by English translation.
-Working contract and recent pay slip of my (EU) wife who is exercising her
treaty rights.
- Are there any other documents required ???

Cheers

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:46 pm

It appears to be all that's required. Was there an additional document that you thought might also be required perhaps or are you just checking?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:00 am

I am curious: what was the specific reason the EEA FP was initially refused? Did you appeal or just reapply?

You could also request a refund of the £55 fee, on the grounds that it is illegally high. It should not be more expensive than comparable documents issues to British citizens.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I am curious: what was the specific reason the EEA FP was initially refused? Did you appeal or just reapply?

You could also request a refund of the £55 fee, on the grounds that it is illegally high. It should not be more expensive than comparable documents issues to British citizens.
people need to do this... :)

also... Directive, am I right[sp:P] in thinking that if they refuse the application they cannot charge you, as the fee is for the ISSUE of the residence card?

(unlike IR where it is a processing fee)

Roby
Newly Registered

Hi guys,

Post by Roby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks a lot for replies,
Yes, EUsmileWEallsmile I'm checking to make sure that these are the documents required ..... and good to hear that these are all the required documents

Directive/2004/38/EC you misunderstood me..... I have posted a thread before about my case, my application was refused for an Entry clearance at British embassy(EEA1).... I have lodged an appeal and received letter from the tribunal regarding the appeal hearing and so on .... waited for 3 month and nothing, to save the time I re-applied again and submitted all documents which address the ECO grounds of refusal ( durable relationship) ...and they issued me a visa. I'm traveling to UK soon and I'll apply for EEA2 to get RC, so I wanted to make sure that no other documents are required from HO in UK to issue me RC

Now I have an Entry clearance and an outstanding appeal..... I made payment for my appeal with 80 pounds fee...
Is it possible for me now to claim those 80 pounds ....or they are not refundable ???

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 pm

If appeal was granted or if a second application was made; it ought to be possible to reclaim fees.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: Hi guys,

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Roby wrote:Directive/2004/38/EC you misunderstood me..... I have posted a thread before about my case, my application was refused for an Entry clearance at British embassy(EEA1).... I have lodged an appeal and received letter from the tribunal regarding the appeal hearing and so on .... waited for 3 month and nothing, to save the time I re-applied again and submitted all documents which address the ECO grounds of refusal ( durable relationship) ...and they issued me a visa. I'm traveling to UK soon and I'll apply for EEA2 to get RC, so I wanted to make sure that no other documents are required from HO in UK to issue me RC

Now I have an Entry clearance and an outstanding appeal..... I made payment for my appeal with 80 pounds fee...
Is it possible for me now to claim those 80 pounds ....or they are not refundable ???
I think you should definitely request the 80 pounds be refunded. I would make the request in writing.

What was the exact reason they gave for the initial refusal of the entry clearance?

Roby
Newly Registered

Post by Roby » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:09 am

Hi gorgeous people,

Directive/2004/38/EC, The initial refusal of the entry clearance was that they wanted me to prove that I have lived with my EU partner and that our relationship is durable and continuous, and I gave them enough proves of photos,E mails, letters, and other documents to prove that I have lived with my EU partner.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 am

Roby wrote:Hi gorgeous people,

Directive/2004/38/EC, The initial refusal of the entry clearance was that they wanted me to prove that I have lived with my EU partner and that our relationship is durable and continuous, and I gave them enough proves of photos,E mails, letters, and other documents to prove that I have lived with my EU partner.
Are you actually married and you presented your marriage certificate?
If so, where were you married and in what year?

Or are you not married and you just refer to your partner as your "wife"?

Roby
Newly Registered

Post by Roby » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:56 pm

hi there,
Yes,Directive/2004/38/EC I'm married to my EEA partner(WIFE) and I did presented my marriage certificate accompanied by English translation,and I'm married to my wife more than three years.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:06 am

I am curious. You had been married for 3 years, which is quite a while.

Is there something unusual about your situation which might have caused them to be suspicious? For example, you have never lived together and are living on other sides of the earth?

Did you include only your marriage certificate with the initial application?

Roby
Newly Registered

hello,

Post by Roby » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:15 pm

guys, I have got a question regarding my situation !!!
I submitted EEA family permit application that was refused 1st time ...I lodged an appeal, then submitted another application(2nd) that was granted and EEA family permit was issued for me from the British embassy, current time I'm in the UK I, sent an application form for Residence Card to HO. I received COA couple days ago. Now the HO in UK is holding my passport. The British embassy sent me an email to submit my passport, as my appeal was allowed, again I do not know why!! they issued me an Entry clearance!!! what can be done now???

Roby
Newly Registered

HI

Post by Roby » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC ..... they asked me to prove that I have lived with my wife I proved it with legal documents, together with photos,Emails....etc.
That is why they issued me an entry clearance.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: hello,

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Roby wrote:current time I'm in the UK I, sent an application form for Residence Card to HO. I received COA couple days ago. Now the HO in UK is holding my passport.
When did you apply for the RC? Do you need the passport back?

Roby
Newly Registered

Hi,

Post by Roby » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:50 am

I applied for RC couple of weeks ago. Do I need my passport back??? this is what I do not know.....I'm asking what should be done now???
I'm in the UK already.... there is no reason for me to submit my passport again as the British embassy issued me an entry clearance !!! what are your suggestions ???

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:58 am

You are in the UK now. Ignore the embassy, unless you wish to file a complaint.

If you will need your passport back to prove your identity or if you want to work or if you want to travel, you should ask HO to return it to you while they continue to process your application.