ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal this week

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Appeal this week

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi guys.... once again I am writing, my appeal date has finally arrived after 4 months of waiting. My visa was refused cause my name was not on the advertising material.

I appealed and opted for an oral hearing back in march and was given a hearing date in July.

I am WORRIED... wish me luck please, if anyone has any tips please send them my way. I will update when I attend the hearing.

Thanks in Advance.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Best of luck and wish you a win

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm

RizKCB wrote:Best of luck and wish you a win
Thanks

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Go fully prepared and be confident in your answers. You will win it!

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Best of luck

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Legal Advisor wrote:Go fully prepared and be confident in your answers. You will win it!
thanks .. I am trying to think up of any questions that they will ask. Do you think they will ask business specific questions such as turnover, budget etc

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Legal Advisor wrote:Best of luck
Thanks for the vote of confidence

chella
Ireland

hi

Post by chella » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:00 pm

good luck my friend. which hearing center you are going.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:01 pm

chella wrote:good luck my friend. which hearing center you are going.
IAC Taylor House

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:
IAC Taylor House
I had my hearing at the same place couple of months ago and won finally. I am sure you will win. Just make your argument strong.

Your argument can be like, "It doesnt make any sense to have your name on the advertisement." And you can argue that it will actually bring bad name to your business by including your name in the advertisements as none of anyother companies do that way and adverts do not work that way either.
You can also mention that you are not (yet) Richard Branson to include your name in the advertisements...lol

Relax dude you will surely win.

opportunist

hi

Post by opportunist » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:17 pm

God Luck man.

you must know your numbers, forecast, turnover, profit expenses??? etc

Be confident and try your best, judge is like us, a human being. Take it easy and give your answers very clear and brief.

You will be OK

Don't forget to share with us.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 pm

IAC Taylor House

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 pm

rsrameshsunil wrote:
annoyedatukba wrote:
IAC Taylor House
I had my hearing at the same place couple of months ago and won finally. I am sure you will win. Just make your argument strong.

Your argument can be like, "It doesnt make any sense to have your name on the advertisement." And you can argue that it will actually bring bad name to your business by including your name in the advertisements as none of anyother companies do that way and adverts do not work that way either.
You can also mention that you are not (yet) Richard Branson to include your name in the advertisements...lol

THanks ...i am hoping that this is what will happen. I will certainly keep you posted on what happens whichever way it goes. Congratulations on your win.

Relax dude you will surely win.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:36 pm

opportunist wrote:God Luck man.

you must know your numbers, forecast, turnover, profit expenses??? etc

Be confident and try your best, judge is like us, a human being. Take it easy and give your answers very clear and brief.

You will be OK

Don't forget to share with us.
I actually had no prepared a business plan, as it was not required when I first applied back in November! I have a few figures in my head, will try and sort through them before the hearing so that i can give clear concise answers.

I always thought that the appeal would be for the reason you got the refusal and for nothing else. apparently I was mistaken.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:53 pm

annoyedatukba wrote: I always thought that the appeal would be for the reason you got the refusal and for nothing else. apparently I was mistaken.
Can you please explain what you mean with this statement ?

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:56 pm

babylondoner wrote:
annoyedatukba wrote: I always thought that the appeal would be for the reason you got the refusal and for nothing else. apparently I was mistaken.
What I mean is that as far as I understand, my application was refused because my name was not on the advertisement and no other reason was mentioned. So I thought when I got to the appeal hearing all that I would have to argue was that point only.

However, I am also preparing a few figures in case I am asked questions about the business e.g forecast, budget etc not sure if that would come up

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:
babylondoner wrote:
What I mean is that as far as I understand, my application was refused because my name was not on the advertisement and no other reason was mentioned. So I thought when I got to the appeal hearing all that I would have to argue was that point only.

However, I am also preparing a few figures in case I am asked questions about the business e.g forecast, budget etc not sure if that would come up
You won't be asked about figures, etc. the judge ain't got time for that.

All you need to do is to be able to explain your business and what plans you've got for the business. Eg. Premises, job creation

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:12 pm

babylondoner wrote:
annoyedatukba wrote:
babylondoner wrote:

You won't be asked about figures, etc. the judge ain't got time for that.

All you need to do is to be able to explain your business and what plans you've got for the business. Eg. Premises, job creation
I thought as much. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I will update you on what happens once the hearing is over. Thanks once again.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:14 am

STOP PANACKING ... Judge wont send you in Prison..... just prepared yourself well for refusal reason and have good knowledge of your business is more than enough ... Good Luck

regards

qkiyani
Pakistan

Re: Appeal this week

Post by qkiyani » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:14 am

annoyedatukba wrote:Hi guys.... once again I am writing, my appeal date has finally arrived after 4 months of waiting. My visa was refused cause my name was not on the advertising material.

I appealed and opted for an oral hearing back in march and was given a hearing date in July.

I am WORRIED... wish me luck please, if anyone has any tips please send them my way. I will update when I attend the hearing.

Thanks in Advance.
check this link someone in the forum had the same refusal reason n HO withdraw appeal....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=140455

virtual_lady
Newly Registered

Post by virtual_lady » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:32 am

annoyedatukba wrote:Hi guys.... once again I am writing, my appeal date has finally arrived after 4 months of waiting. My visa was refused cause my name was not on the advertising material.

Thanks in Advance.
Hey don't be worried. I know its difficult to think what's gonna be upfront there but nothing is impossible isn't? My advice is to get ready atleast 25 logics with examples for this rejection. I mean't

1. if they say that your advertisement doesn't have your name then you can get in hand 2 well known companies advertisements with yourself and quote them while saying. I mean it. By saying every company, you are not specific that in Britain its the same trend.

2. Keep your business plan in hand. Make a full read of it, every clause in full depth. If your business plan is strong enough to support you then whatever arguments/questions they gonna raise you can answer. Even you can show them that you really worked hard on planning this business couple of months ago.

3. Dress like a professional while going for hearing. Be cool and impressive. Don't loose your smile at all :) Let them feel you damn care if you get visa or not.

Best of luck.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:07 pm

rehan01 wrote:STOP PANACKING ... Judge wont send you in Prison..... just prepared yourself well for refusal reason and have good knowledge of your business is more than enough ... Good Luck

regards
Thanks, I keep telling myself he is only human and I have not done anything illegal. Will update this thread once I am done with the appeal. Thanks you once again

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:09 pm

qkiyani wrote:

Thanks in Advance.
check this link someone in the forum had the same refusal reason n HO withdraw appeal....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=140455
Thanks for that link, I had already seen it. But in that case the HO withdrew the appeal once month prior to the hearing date. My hearing is this week and nothing has been withdrawn ...

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 pm

virtual_lady wrote:

Thanks in Advance.
Hey don't be worried. I know its difficult to think what's gonna be upfront there but nothing is impossible isn't? My advice is to get ready atleast 25 logics with examples for this rejection. I mean't

1. if they say that your advertisement doesn't have your name then you can get in hand 2 well known companies advertisements with yourself and quote them while saying. I mean it. By saying every company, you are not specific that in Britain its the same trend.

2. Keep your business plan in hand. Make a full read of it, every clause in full depth. If your business plan is strong enough to support you then whatever arguments/questions they gonna raise you can answer. Even you can show them that you really worked hard on planning this business couple of months ago.

3. Dress like a professional while going for hearing. Be cool and impressive. Don't loose your smile at all :) Let them feel you damn care if you get visa or not.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the advice , I wasn't planning on taking my business plan along. I didn't send it with the pack that I mailed to the courts a few days ago. As I was told that there in no point introducing new evidence after the application as it won't be looked at.

catscratches
Newly Registered

Post by catscratches » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Which day is your appeal? My appeal is in mid August.
I'm already in great panic & start worry now. I know I should win the silly refusal but still worry.
Anyway I wish you best luck!
Also please please remember to share your experience once you come back from the hearing!