ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PGCE Bursary or UK Spouse Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

awz1
Newly Registered

PGCE Bursary or UK Spouse Visa

Post by awz1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm

I am confused so was wondering if someone could help me. The UKBA website says that for a bursary 12 months of funding are required at the application date. My PGCE, which will pay £20,000 tax free for 2013/2014 pays 9 monthly installments. These installments however pay the entire £20000 and go from October until June. Does this mean that a PGCE cannot be used??

If for example I apply for the spouse visa in September, one month before the bursary begins in October, I would only have 9 months of funding left. Hence I would not meet the requirement as I would not be getting paid the bursary the following September.

Am I correct in my understanding?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:08 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.