ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and Marriage in detention centre help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tanasha
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa and Marriage in detention centre help

Post by tanasha » Sun May 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Dear All,

My partner has a meeting with the home office on monday, and I have heard from other people on this forum, that they tend to detain people when they go there. what I want to know, is there nay way in wahich we can get married in the detention centre? What do I need to do to be able to do this? I really need this information urgently as his meeting is tomorow and I do not know how quickly they will remove him.

Also, when we do get married, how do we go about applying for his spouse visa? I know he has to go back to jamaica but can I apply for him to come back as my spouse or does he have to apply? Also what is it I need to have set for our application to be succesfull (my own rented property, income etc).

If we cannot get married in the UK, can I go to Jamaica on a visiting visa and get married there or do I have to go over there on a fiance visa? I really do not know what I need to do.

Also how long does it take for the spouse visa to go through? Jamaica is rough at the moment and I really don't want my partner to be down there for too long.

I would really appreciate any help at all.

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa and Marriage in detention centre help

Post by AksanaT » Mon May 14, 2007 9:46 am

tanasha wrote:Dear All,

My partner has a meeting with the home office on monday, and I have heard from other people on this forum, that they tend to detain people when they go there. what I want to know, is there nay way in wahich we can get married in the detention centre? What do I need to do to be able to do this? I really need this information urgently as his meeting is tomorow and I do not know how quickly they will remove him.

Also, when we do get married, how do we go about applying for his spouse visa? I know he has to go back to jamaica but can I apply for him to come back as my spouse or does he have to apply? Also what is it I need to have set for our application to be succesfull (my own rented property, income etc).

If we cannot get married in the UK, can I go to Jamaica on a visiting visa and get married there or do I have to go over there on a fiance visa? I really do not know what I need to do.

Also how long does it take for the spouse visa to go through? Jamaica is rough at the moment and I really don't want my partner to be down there for too long.

I would really appreciate any help at all.
Hi
I am not sure if you can marry in detention centre. I had similar situation. I have been in this place for 3 days and after I was removed from UK. I had boyfriend he is British now he is my husband. That time we wanted marry, so when I came back home, in 2 months my husband came to my country and we married.
I applied for spouse visa and I was refused, later I applied for EEA family permit (he is greek as well) and I was refused again. Well now we are waiting for our date of appeal which will be 27th of June.
You can marry in UK, your boyfriend should get a fiancee visa.
I have heard that BHC in Jamaica is too busy and there are a lot of refusal about 50%. I cannot say exactly how long it takes your boyfriend to get visa.
We have been waiting for 8 months since our wedding already. I am still here in my country and my husband is in UK. And I can say that BHC in my country is not really busy and there are just 2% of refusal.

Good luck to both of you.