ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I trust?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

klmelf
Newly Registered

How can I trust?

Post by klmelf » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Dear friends,

I came across someone asking to join him to from an entrepreneurial team. He said we can have 25k each in our personal account but UKBA says

"If you have formed an Entrepreneurial Team with another applicant, the documents must confirm that the funds are available to both team members.

Your Entrepreneurial team member must also qualify to use the same amount of investment if the total amount available to your entrepreneurial team is £50,000 or more."

If we need to get a declaration letter from each other stating that we have access to each other's fund then how can I trust him? He might withdraw the money after getting the visa. How can I trust him or Should I even trust him?

Any comments is highly appreciated.

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:15 pm

IF u don't feel right about it then don't do it.

klmelf
Newly Registered

Post by klmelf » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Both of us have studied relevant areas and that would increase our chance of winning. Besides, I do not have access to 50K atm! That's why I want to do it as a team.

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Post by sabuj263 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:57 pm

klmelf wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Both of us have studied relevant areas and that would increase our chance of winning. Besides, I do not have access to 50K atm! That's why I want to do it as a team.
We have to trust others in many phases of life. But if anything start with a doubt I would say don't go, try alternatives. Ask bank for option for withdrawing, transferring or even purchasing control on both of your money.
Many Regards

snapbikash
Newly Registered

Post by snapbikash » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 pm

As simply , If you have not known him well. then don't go ahead.. who knows.. anything is possible by next day he might take all money without any knowledge even if Visa being rejected and flew back to country. Bank and ukba wont be liable as stated both have full access to use the money ... so i would say nooooo... Big Stop ......

smartmind101

Another good option

Post by smartmind101 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:52 pm

All I know is - If you open a joint account in NATWEST, you can also sign a declaration in which the money cannot be taken out from your account unless BOTH of you sign on the cash withdrawal form. So , u dont get online access to the account and you both need to go to the bank wherever u want to take out the money.... ;-))

klmelf
Newly Registered

Post by klmelf » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks to monolyte, sabuj263 and snapbikash.

The point is I met him on this forum and we are gonna meet up in person to discuss more. If I had access to 50k, then I would have applied individually but now I have to make up my mind. Either trust him and go ahead or miss this opportunity.

smartmind101 mentioned a good point. However, if what you said is feasible then how UKBA can verify that we both have access to 50K when both of us need to allow withdrawal? Isn't it contradictory to what UKBA has demanded?

What if the other party go crazy and won't sign the withdrawal form? :-)

smartmind101

cool....

Post by smartmind101 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:42 am

thats a good point of doubt my friend....butttttttttttttttttt.....if he doesn't sign on the withdrawal form....so will you....

and I strongly doubt that anyone would let his OWN money to be with the bank by saying NO to you.....unless u team up with either an ultra rick physco or an mentally retarded person who doesnt know the meaning of LOGIC... lol...

Also, UKBA has no interest in knowing about the EXACT terms and conditions of ur joint account. this is between both the joint partners and the bank !! ;-))

klmelf
Newly Registered

Post by klmelf » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks to your wise comments smartmind101

We need to go with double signature for withdrawal.

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:28 pm

klmelf wrote:Thanks to your wise comments smartmind101

JUST MAKE SURE HE IS NOT A SERIAL KILLER. MAKE SURE YOU MEET AT A PUBLIC PLACE (SO THAT IF YOU ARE KNIFED OR SHOT AT CLOSE RANGE SOMEONE CAN HELP CALL THE POLICE AND AMBULANCE QUICKLY AND TRY TO APPREHEND HIM). that's my final advice :( THERE ARE LOTS OF WEIRD GUYS AND SPOOKS LURKING AROUND ON THE WEB. EVEN ON THIS SITE :( :?

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:11 am

monolyte - lol , I agree
monolyte wrote:
klmelf wrote:Thanks to your wise comments smartmind101

JUST MAKE SURE HE IS NOT A SERIAL KILLER. MAKE SURE YOU MEET AT A PUBLIC PLACE (SO THAT IF YOU ARE KNIFED OR SHOT AT CLOSE RANGE SOMEONE CAN HELP CALL THE POLICE AND AMBULANCE QUICKLY AND TRY TO APPREHEND HIM). that's my final advice :( THERE ARE LOTS OF WEIRD GUYS AND SPOOKS LURKING AROUND ON THE WEB. EVEN ON THIS SITE :( :?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 am

LOL @ monolyte nicely answered
monolyte wrote: JUST MAKE SURE HE IS NOT A SERIAL KILLER. MAKE SURE YOU MEET AT A PUBLIC PLACE (SO THAT IF YOU ARE KNIFED OR SHOT AT CLOSE RANGE SOMEONE CAN HELP CALL THE POLICE AND AMBULANCE QUICKLY AND TRY TO APPREHEND HIM). that's my final advice :( THERE ARE LOTS OF WEIRD GUYS AND SPOOKS LURKING AROUND ON THE WEB. EVEN ON THIS SITE :( :?

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:11 am

I agree with monolyte. Its not advisable to trust a stranger for such a big amount. How can one be sure that a complete stranger would be loyal to you for the next 5 years???? Apply logic. Is it a marriage or business? Don't just think about getting visa.

klmelf
Newly Registered

Post by klmelf » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 pm

I know what you all guys mean. But how about do whatever as smartmind101 suggested? To open a join account and ask bank to require double signature for withdrawal of money? Does that make sense?

klmelf
Newly Registered

Post by klmelf » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 pm

BTW, do we need solicitors? I have not written business plan and do not know how should I prepare contracts. Can anyone give some hints on these requirements?

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:25 pm

klmelf wrote:BTW, do we need solicitors? I have not written business plan and do not know how should I prepare contracts. Can anyone give some hints on these requirements?
Are you aware that their are guys whose primary job is to forge/copy signatures...