ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with residence card.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asamant18
- thin ice -

Travelling with residence card.

Post by asamant18 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:36 am

Hi, i'm just very much concern on my travel which is after 3 days...actually im travelling to poland for my in-laws wedding and my wife is already there so im not travelling with her but joining her...i dnt really know if i will get through from the immigration coz on polish embassy website it says u can travel visa free if u hold a valid uk residence card and if u r travelling with her or joining her..im travelling with ryan air...and read a lot of experiences here from people going through trouble...just too confused on what documents to carry with me and what should i b ready for really..:(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 am

I would say - get ready for a fight. Ryan air can be very difficult to deal with. I'm not sure they will let you board the flight without a visa (even if you are entitled to).

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling with residence card.

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:41 am

asamant18 wrote:Hi, i'm just very much concern on my travel which is after 3 days...actually im travelling to poland for my in-laws wedding and my wife is already there so im not travelling with her but joining her...i dnt really know if i will get through from the immigration coz on polish embassy website it says u can travel visa free if u hold a valid uk residence card and if u r travelling with her or joining her..im travelling with ryan air...and read a lot of experiences here from people going through trouble...just too confused on what documents to carry with me and what should i b ready for really..:(
Hey If your Wife is Polish national and you are NON-EU then you should apply for Schengen VISA

My wife is Polish too and i am non european. When i went to visit her family with her in RyanAir they checked my Schengen VISA in the UK/POLISH AIRPORT. t was told even by the Polish embassy to apply for VISA

I am not sure if they have changed any LAW. but in the Polish Airport i told them i'm travelling with Wife and my Wife is Polish national but still they asked for Schengen VISA

Polish Immigration is very difficult to deal with me. even with VALID VISA they hold me 10 minutes

as far as i remember I was told i need VISA to travel POLAND because my wife is POLISH but i don't need VISA travelling other EU countries with my wife

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi everyone does anyone pls know for certain
wether I need a visa to travel to Ireland en-route to Latvia with my
wife she's Latvia, travelling in a weeks time with Rynair hope they not
gonna trouble me, this will be first time travelling with residence card

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Charlie77 wrote:Hi everyone does anyone pls know for certain
is there onward flights, are you leaving the airport? or just connections?

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:47 pm

wiggsy wrote:
Thanks for ur reply wiggsy, yeah there is onward flight to Latvia even though will be a 7hr wait for the connection flight don't think we will be leaving the airport if we don't have to
Cheers

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Charlie77 wrote:
wiggsy wrote:
Thanks for ur reply wiggsy, yeah there is onward flight to Latvia even though will be a 7hr wait for the connection flight don't think we will be leaving the airport if we don't have to
Cheers
i'd imagine you have no problems then, because you are not travelling to Ireland, simply getting a connection there?

asamant18
- thin ice -

Post by asamant18 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:05 am

hi guys,just to update you all ....i travelled to poland quite smoothly...i guess i was just too nervous nd that was not required at all.....just to let you know i was travelling all alone on residence card to poland to join my wife...as soon i reached stansted i went to visa passport check at ryanair and the guy on the desk just asked me if i was travelling with my wife nd i said that i'm going to join her nd that was it..he stamped my ticket nd i was through...nd as i reached warsaw i joind the all passport line..and the immigration officer just looked at my passport finding the visa nd finaaly after getting confused she asked me to find it for her..as soon she saw my residence card on passport she just slapped her head as if she was stupid not to see it..nd smiled nd just let me through...so there were no questions nd nothing..i happily nd smoothly reached here in poland..enjoying the weather though....

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:42 pm

asamant18 wrote:hi guys,just to update you all ....i travelled to poland quite smoothly...i guess i was just too nervous nd that was not required at all.....just to let you know i was travelling all alone on residence card to poland to join my wife...as soon i reached stansted i went to visa passport check at ryanair and the guy on the desk just asked me if i was travelling with my wife nd i said that i'm going to join her nd that was it..he stamped my ticket nd i was through...nd as i reached warsaw i joind the all passport line..and the immigration officer just looked at my passport finding the visa nd finaaly after getting confused she asked me to find it for her..as soon she saw my residence card on passport she just slapped her head as if she was stupid not to see it..nd smiled nd just let me through...so there were no questions nd nothing..i happily nd smoothly reached here in poland..enjoying the weather though....
WOW! they've changed the LAW then. When i went to poland even with my wife they didn't allow me to travel without Schengen VISA although i had 5 years resident permit ( EEA2 ) and in the Polish airport they asked for VISA.

If your wife not there can you travel alone. Lets say i want to travel Switzerland and i say to them my wife is there on holiday do you think they will believe me and allow me in alone?

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:36 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
asamant18 wrote:hi guys,just to update you all ....i travelled to poland quite smoothly...i guess i was just too nervous nd that was not required at all.....just to let you know i was travelling all alone on residence card to poland to join my wife...as soon i reached stansted i went to visa passport check at ryanair and the guy on the desk just asked me if i was travelling with my wife nd i said that i'm going to join her nd that was it..he stamped my ticket nd i was through...nd as i reached warsaw i joind the all passport line..and the immigration officer just looked at my passport finding the visa nd finaaly after getting confused she asked me to find it for her..as soon she saw my residence card on passport she just slapped her head as if she was stupid not to see it..nd smiled nd just let me through...so there were no questions nd nothing..i happily nd smoothly reached here in poland..enjoying the weather though....
WOW! they've changed the LAW then. When i went to poland even with my wife they didn't allow me to travel without Schengen VISA although i had 5 years resident permit ( EEA2 ) and in the Polish airport they asked for VISA.

If your wife not there can you travel alone. Lets say i want to travel Switzerland and i say to them my wife is there on holiday do you think they will believe me and allow me in alone?

These is no law to be change. Your problem is that you didnt argue your case well at the airport. Some times it is better to printer off docs regarding the law you are relying on. Some IO doesn't know anything about EU law. A polish exercising treaty right in the UK is no longer treated as polish but as an EEA national.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Ricardo wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

These is no law to be change. Your problem is that you didnt argue your case well at the airport. Some times it is better to printer off docs regarding the law you are relying on. Some IO doesn't know anything about EU law. A polish exercising treaty right in the UK is no longer treated as polish but as an EEA national.
i got your point. Can i travel to Switzerland without VISA then if i travel alone. Border official don't check so i can say to them my wife already in Switzerland i am joining her. will they allow me to enter. any experience on that?

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Are you joining your wife in switzerland? If not, please dont take the risk because in some cases they may decide to contact your wife.

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Thanks asamant18 for the update, travelling with my Latvian wife to Latvia soon hoping for smooth journey aswell mind u first time travelling with residence card, will update u all