ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EGYPT FAMILY VISITOR VISA REFUSAL VERY WEIRD DECISON GIVEN

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mr khan

EGYPT FAMILY VISITOR VISA REFUSAL VERY WEIRD DECISON GIVEN

Post by mr khan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi everyone tonight im making this post to see if anyone can help me or make sense of this decison that was given to my wife from vac in cairo.

My wife applied to come and visit me with our son in the UK for 2 months. We have one son and i have not seen them since december last year.

I have followed the supporting documents guide to get this visa granted to her.

All of our documents are genuine and i have 7000 gbp worth of savings and i earn 1100 per month. I work for a very big corporation in the uk and my expenses are next to none due to my own radical saving techniques i converged agianst my energy bills.

I have no debts, my own home and drive a nice car as well.

Me and my wife decided we will not give the immigration any decison to refuse us so we did exactly what they asked for.

My wife also speaks a high level of english, she can read and understands as well. Her writting just needs a little improving but not much.

After applying for her visa this was the response that was given to us

NOTICE OF IMMIGRATION DECISION
In compliance with the Immigration (Notices) Regulations 2003 made under section 105 of
the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002
REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE
Post reference: CAIRO xxxxx
To: xxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth 2810611978 < i dont know what this means if you do understand this i will give you ten pounds>

Nationality: EGYPT ( somebody can spell here)

Your Application
You have applied for an entry clearance as family visitor to the United Kingdom for 2 months. I have considered your application under Paragraph 41 of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules. You can read these rules at:
www. ukba. homeoffice.qov. uklpolicyandlaw/immiqrationlaw/immiqrationrules/

The Decision
You have applied for entry clearance to visit your wife and 2 children in the United Kingdom.

(Its my wife who is visiting me not me visiting my wife and last time i checked i have one son not two. I have checked the application and we didnt write anything like this)

I have considered your application very carefully taking into account compassionate nature of your visit because I acknowledge the importance of visits in maintaining family ties.

( clearly you have not )

The UK Border Agency and the British Embassy Cairo provides information to visa applicants about the types of documents they will be required to produce so that they can demonstrate to the visa officer that they meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules. We advise applicants that failure to submit such documentation may result in refusal of the application.

(This is an insult because i have collected so many documents that the only thing they should be asking for is my blood)

You wish to visit your British husband accompanied by your British passport holder child.

(sounds like pidgeon english)

You are unemployed in Egypt and reliant on your husband and family members for financial support. You have no savings, no property of assets in Egypt. Your husband is permanently resident in the UK

( we told them in the application that every month i send my wife money and she relies on me)

You have failed to demonstrate you have sufficiently strong to Egypt to demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.

( DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HELL THIS MEANS BECAUSE IVE ASKED 8 PEOPLE AND THEY JUST LAUGHED WHEN THEY READ IT)

As a result I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend a short visit only to the United Kingdom and that you intend to leave the United Kingdom thereafter. Paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of the Immigration Rules

( At this point we still dont understand why she has been refused)

In reaching the decision to refuse this application, I have also given careful consideration to your rights under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights. However, I consider that refusal of entry clearance does not interfere with family life for the purposes of Article 8(1).

( I totally disagree with this because this is depressing whoever gave this notice of refusal. Clearly they dont have a family. This refusal is insulting and disgusting)

I am satisfied that you could still enjoy family life by virtue of your sponsor’s visits to Egypt.

( Ive heard this from a lot of dearly beloved its a kind of way of saying you can go back home if you re not happy here)

Whilst I acknowledge that family life may exist in this case and that refusal of the visa will interfere with it,

( just totally contradicted themselves here about the refusal of entry clearance does not interfere with family life for the purposes of Article 8(1).

I consider that the refusal is justified (and proportionate) in the exercise of the immigration control.

Who ever wrote any of this needs to go through training and im not talking about immigration control. i mean they need to take basic english examinations probably something starting at nursery level because i can understand people better who take A1 key english test.

My family just wants to visit for 2 months and with 7k it will not hurt the state so they cannot use that excuse on us any more .

Please can someone help me out and tell me what to do with this joke of a refusal response.
[/b]
Last edited by mr khan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franko

Re: EGYPTIANFAMILY VISITOR VISA REFUSAL VERY WEIRD DECISON G

Post by Franko » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm

mr khan wrote: You have failed to demonstrate you have sufficiently strong to Egypt to demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.

( DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HELL THIS MEANS BECAUSE IVE ASKED 8 PEOPLE AND THEY JUST LAUGHED WHEN THEY READ IT)
Have you seen the original refusal letter? is this how it is written? or its been retyped by your wife?

I imagine this should read "You have failed to demonstrate you have sufficiently strong ties to Egypt to demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.
"

This is the major reason for the refusal of visit visas basically they don't believe your wife will return home after her visa expires.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 pm

From reading the above, may I suggest its possible you have 'overplayed' your hand? I suspect you have highlighted in your application all the reasons why your wife should come to the UK (to visit) but have not demonstrated enough reasons why she would return home.

Franko

Post by Franko » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 pm

This is probably even more so now with the new rules for spouse visa's as with your income you would not be able to sponsor your wife in the spouse visa category so I suspect they are assuming your using a visit visa to circumvent the new rules. Not say you are just what they may think.

mr khan

Re: EGYPTIANFAMILY VISITOR VISA REFUSAL VERY WEIRD DECISON G

Post by mr khan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Franko wrote:
mr khan wrote: You have failed to demonstrate you have sufficiently strong to Egypt to demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.

Have you seen the original refusal letter? is this how it is written? or its been retyped by your wife?

I imagine this should read "You have failed to demonstrate you have sufficiently strong ties to Egypt to demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.
"

This is the major reason for the refusal of visit visas basically they don't believe your wife will return home after her visa expires.
No this is a person from the immigration who wrote this and clearly doesnt know english. My wife can type better than this.

mr khan

Post by mr khan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Franko wrote:This is probably even more so now with the new rules for spouse visa's as with your income you would not be able to sponsor your wife in the spouse visa category so I suspect they are assuming your using a visit visa to circumvent the new rules. Not say you are just what they may think.
Oh frank if they will suspect this then they might as well not have family visitor visa's then. I can clearly say this is some immigration officer who's done a shoddy lame job of trying to put a visa application through or who was on alchahol

mr khan

Post by mr khan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 pm

ID29 wrote:From reading the above, may I suggest its possible you have 'overplayed' your hand? I suspect you have highlighted in your application all the reasons why your wife should come to the UK (to visit) but have not demonstrated enough reasons why she would return home.
In what other way can i say that she just wants to visit for 2 months.

mr khan

Post by mr khan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:16 pm

mr khan wrote:
ID29 wrote:From reading the above, may I suggest its possible you have 'overplayed' your hand? I suspect you have highlighted in your application all the reasons why your wife should come to the UK (to visit) but have not demonstrated enough reasons why she would return home.
In what other way can i say that she just wants to visit for 2 months.
if you can give me a suggestion how can someone prove they will return homes if you can give me anyway of proving this it would be great

Franko

Post by Franko » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 pm

mr khan wrote:
Oh frank if they will suspect this then they might as well not have family visitor visa's then.
Unfortunately not, if your wife had ties, children back in her home country, property or a decent job then she would not have been refused on this. As you have already stated she has no property, no job and her only family is in the UK.

You think the ECO isn't going to think is this person going to return home?

mr khan

Post by mr khan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Franko wrote:
mr khan wrote:
Oh frank if they will suspect this then they might as well not have family visitor visa's then.
Unfortunately not, if your wife had ties, children back in her home country, property or a decent job then she would not have been refused on this. As you have already stated she has no property, no job and her only family is in the UK.

You think the ECO isn't going to think is this person going to return home?
I didnt say she doesnt have any family back home in her own country and never mentioned this in my application. I told them she lives with family back in her own country.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Re: EGYPT FAMILY VISITOR VISA REFUSAL VERY WEIRD DECISON GIV

Post by sh1981 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

mr khan wrote:Hi everyone tonight im making this post to see if anyone can help me or make sense of this decison that was given to my wife from vac in cairo.

My wife applied to come and visit me with our son in the UK for 2 months. We have one son and i have not seen them since december last year.

I have followed the supporting documents guide to get this visa granted to her.

All of our documents are genuine and i have 7000 gbp worth of savings and i earn 1100 per month. I work for a very big corporation in the uk and my expenses are next to none due to my own radical saving techniques i converged agianst my energy bills.

I have no debts, my own home and drive a nice car as well.

Me and my wife decided we will not give the immigration any decison to refuse us so we did exactly what they asked for.

My wife also speaks a high level of english, she can read and understands as well. Her writting just needs a little improving but not much.

After applying for her visa this was the response that was given to us

NOTICE OF IMMIGRATION DECISION
In compliance with the Immigration (Notices) Regulations 2003 made under section 105 of
the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002
REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE
Post reference: CAIRO xxxxx
To: xxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth 2810611978 < i dont know what this means if you do understand this i will give you ten pounds>

Nationality: EGYPT ( somebody can spell here)

Your Application
You have applied for an entry clearance as family visitor to the United Kingdom for 2 months. I have considered your application under Paragraph 41 of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules. You can read these rules at:
www. ukba. homeoffice.qov. uklpolicyandlaw/immiqrationlaw/immiqrationrules/

The Decision
You have applied for entry clearance to visit your wife and 2 children in the United Kingdom.

(Its my wife who is visiting me not me visiting my wife and last time i checked i have one son not two. I have checked the application and we didnt write anything like this)

I have considered your application very carefully taking into account compassionate nature of your visit because I acknowledge the importance of visits in maintaining family ties.

( clearly you have not )

The UK Border Agency and the British Embassy Cairo provides information to visa applicants about the types of documents they will be required to produce so that they can demonstrate to the visa officer that they meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules. We advise applicants that failure to submit such documentation may result in refusal of the application.

(This is an insult because i have collected so many documents that the only thing they should be asking for is my blood)

You wish to visit your British husband accompanied by your British passport holder child.

(sounds like pidgeon english)

You are unemployed in Egypt and reliant on your husband and family members for financial support. You have no savings, no property of assets in Egypt. Your husband is permanently resident in the UK

( we told them in the application that every month i send my wife money and she relies on me)

You have failed to demonstrate you have sufficiently strong to Egypt to demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.

As a result I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend a short visit only to the United Kingdom and that you intend to leave the United Kingdom thereafter. Paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of the Immigration Rules

( At this point we still dont understand why she has been refused)

In reaching the decision to refuse this application, I have also given careful consideration to your rights under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights. However, I consider that refusal of entry clearance does not interfere with family life for the purposes of Article 8(1).

( I totally disagree with this because this is depressing whoever gave this notice of refusal. Clearly they dont have a family. This refusal is insulting and disgusting)

I am satisfied that you could still enjoy family life by virtue of your sponsor’s visits to Egypt.

( Ive heard this from a lot of dearly beloved its a kind of way of saying you can go back home if you re not happy here)

Whilst I acknowledge that family life may exist in this case and that refusal of the visa will interfere with it,

( just totally contradicted themselves here about the refusal of entry clearance does not interfere with family life for the purposes of Article 8(1).

I consider that the refusal is justified (and proportionate) in the exercise of the immigration control.

Who ever wrote any of this needs to go through training and im not talking about immigration control. i mean they need to take basic english examinations probably something starting at nursery level because i can understand people better who take A1 key english test.

My family just wants to visit for 2 months and with 7k it will not hurt the state so they cannot use that excuse on us any more .

Please can someone help me out and tell me what to do with this joke of a refusal response.
[/b]
go for spouse visa
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Why would he apply for a spouse visa when his wife doesn't want to settle in the UK?? :?

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:48 am

Casa wrote:Why would he apply for a spouse visa when his wife doesn't want to settle in the UK?? :?

well, because UKBA 'suspects' that she will settle in the UK. so if they're so convinced, let them issue her a spouse visa.

i have always believed UKBA literally forces people into marriage and permanent migration at times.
---

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:37 am

Casa wrote:Why would he apply for a spouse visa when his wife doesn't want to settle in the UK?? :?

Maybe she concocted this letter as a way to avoid going to the UK, could be she is worried that the husband will keep the child etc.

Seems strange to be married with a child and not wanting living in the same country but rather have the odd visit, maybe she is worried to say no to the husband in case he cuts off her means of support.

Ive seen many hair raising stunts, nothing would surprise me :shock:

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:45 am

Ted wrote:

Maybe she concocted this letter as a way to avoid going to the UK, could be she is worried that the husband will keep the child etc.

Seems strange to be married with a child and not wanting living in the same country but rather have the odd visit, maybe she is worried to say no to the husband in case he cuts off her means of support.

true
---

Franko

Re: EGYPT FAMILY VISITOR VISA REFUSAL VERY WEIRD DECISON GIV

Post by Franko » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 am

sh1981 wrote:
mr khan wrote: All of our documents are genuine and i have 7000 gbp worth of savings and i earn 1100 per month.
go for spouse visa
Because he does not earn enough

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 am

Ted wrote:

In that case she has done pretty well to 'concoct' a letter that sounds exactly like one that the ukba would write! Not sure why you are jumping to such wild conclusions.

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Greenie wrote:In that case she has done pretty well to 'concoct' a letter that sounds exactly like one that the ukba would write! Not sure why you are jumping to such wild conclusions.

Well not concocted from scratch. Anyway the OP had doubts to the letters authenticity due to his "Pigeon English" comment.

Im not aware of sub standard grammar being used in such an official way.

Without wanting to jump, sometimes there is more than meets the eye :wink:

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Ted wrote:
Greenie wrote:In that case she has done pretty well to 'concoct' a letter that sounds exactly like one that the ukba would write! Not sure why you are jumping to such wild conclusions.

Well not concocted from scratch. Anyway the OP had doubts to the letters authenticity due to his "Pigeon English" comment.

they use templates, they dont write this themselves.
---

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Ted wrote:

You obviously haven't read many refusal letters then!

Ted

Post by Ted » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:33 am

Greenie wrote: You obviously haven't read many refusal letters then!

Point Taken :oops:

Ted

Post by Ted » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 am

sh1981 wrote:
they use templates, they dont write this themselves.

That begs the question, who writes the templates! :?

mr khan

family visitor visa granted after appeal

Post by mr khan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:56 am

i know this reply is after a long time but the good news is My wifes visitor visa has been granted after an appeal. The judge decided that the immigration authorities had messed up my wifes application and told them it was a disgrace of how they handled it. Does anyone know how she will get the visa stamp in her passport. Her passport is with her. Does she need to send it to the embassy

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:26 am

Ted wrote:

is this still active thread ?

vinny

Re: family visitor visa granted after appeal

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:01 pm

mr khan wrote:i know this reply is after a long time but the good news is My wifes visitor visa has been granted after an appeal. The judge decided that the immigration authorities had messed up my wifes application and told them it was a disgrace of how they handled it. Does anyone know how she will get the visa stamp in her passport. Her passport is with her. Does she need to send it to the embassy
Did the judge give directions?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.