ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for non-EU parent of UK citizen child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jake the peg
Newly Registered

Visa for non-EU parent of UK citizen child

Post by jake the peg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm a British citizen, my wife is non_EU, we have a 2 year old son who is British.

We are currently in UK, my wife is here on a family visit visa (as my salary isn't enough to sponsor for a settlement visa).

While looking through the UKBA website I found this... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part7/

Looking at the wording there seems some type of visa which my wife could apply for leave to remain in UK as a parent exercising right of access to a child who is a UK citizen.

Does anyone know about this? Has anyone here taken this route before?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:10 am

That's not applicable anymore, you should consider the Surrinder Singh route or perhaps the family life route to settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jake the peg
Newly Registered

Post by jake the peg » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was aware of the Surrinder Singh route, but was hoping to find another method which didn't require leaving UK for 3-6months.

I haven't heard of the family life route, do you have a link to info?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jake the peg
Newly Registered

Post by jake the peg » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks, the only problem I can see with that method is you need to be in UK on a visa other than a visit visa. I don't think my wife would be able to qualify for a study visa or a work visa... are there any other types of visa which are not visit visas which she might be eligible for?

Failing that it looks like we're moving to Europe for 6 months to do the Surrinder Singh route.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:52 pm

jake the peg wrote:Thanks, the only problem I can see with that method is you need to be in UK on a visa other than a visit visa. I don't think my wife would be able to qualify for a study visa or a work visa... are there any other types of visa which are not visit visas which she might be eligible for?

Failing that it looks like we're moving to Europe for 6 months to do the Surrinder Singh route.
Hi. You should also bear in mind that your wife cannot use the parent route if she is in a marriage or relationship that is subsisting. It is meant for single parents.