ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 am

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:Morning guys!!

Facing an MP dilemma here....

My MP is George Hollingbery who is also a Parliamentary Private Secretary for Theresa May!!!

Im now worried about conflict of interest here...

Perhaps he wouldn't be as supportive ?

I wonder if I should move to another constituency first...
I would like to think that would make him more careful about how he handles issues coz he might just be accused of favouring the home office...therefore he has to be seen to be doing the right...it would be interesting to find out if anyone on this forum has dealt with him before...mmmmmhhh!!!!
Yeahhhh!! Coz I had a read through as much stuff about him as I could find and apparently he is counting on Theresa May's success if forthcoming elections and being in the limelight!

surely some MP are more supportive and pro-immigration then the others, also some probably respond quicker as they may not be as busy with similar cases as others...

There should be a thread about experiences with different MPs on here!!! :D
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:23 am

Good morning Guys,

@Verbina, Interesting - would like to know his approach towards your case. At the end of the day he should put all his biases aside and it's his obligation as an MP to serve your needs as a constituent regardless of race, religion and immigration status.

Half of these so called MPs love to engage in what I would term
'Political Masturbation' Busy pleasuring themselves in the limelight rather than helping constituents. Should you not receive a satisfactory response from him you could escalate to a higher authority, parliamentary ombudsman. Every boss has a boss too!

Good luck, take your chicken with you!!!!!!

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 am

Hi guys good morning n wish u all the best. Just a quick on I want to find out those who just got their visa I want to find out that what date was written on the envelope? For instance if you had your visa last week Friday what date was on the envelope so at least you know the number of days it took to get to you and does the post man come early or during the day. Am just anxious as since my employer said she was contacted I havnt been sleeping all I do is go toy window n wait for the post man. N when I call home office they say application is not complete n not with case worker so I do t know was my employer lying or what

Chidy

Re: War between conservative leaders on immigration

Post by Chidy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:08 pm

They are using propaganda to scare both migrants and british people!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Good morning Guys,

@Verbina, Interesting - would like to know his approach towards your case. At the end of the day he should put all his biases aside and it's his obligation as an MP to serve your needs as a constituent regardless of race, religion and immigration status.

'Political Masturbation' Busy pleasuring themselves in the limelight rather than helping constituents. Should you not receive a satisfactory response from him you could escalate to a higher authority, parliamentary ombudsman. Every boss has a boss too!

I sure will ! Lol

Im gonna go to his surgery instead of writing to him and see what happens!!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Good morning Guys,

I sure will ! Lol

Im gonna go to his surgery instead of writing to him and see what happens!!
Hello

Please someone appeard in the forum with good news.

My timeline

FLR(O) under 7 yrs child rule
Applied Dec 2012
Acknowt.Dec2012
Bio done-March 2013
Result. Wai----------
Last edited by shareen24h on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:46 pm

majojo wrote:Hi guys good morning n wish u all the best. Just a quick on I want to find out those who just got their visa I want to find out that what date was written on the envelope? For instance if you had your visa last week Friday what date was on the envelope so at least you know the number of days it took to get to you and does the post man come early or during the day. Am just anxious as since my employer said she was contacted I havnt been sleeping all I do is go toy window n wait for the post man. N when I call home office they say application is not complete n not with case worker so I do t know was my employer lying or what
My BRP was printed on the thursday 18 july and I received it monday 22nd july and my documents was sent out thursday 18 july and I received them on the thursday 25th july

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm

First complaint letter sent off today! Anyone actually get a response in 20 days??
Should I wait to contact my MP?

Applied - 10/9/2012
Bio done- 22/2/2012
Waiting....

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:13 pm

sanny26 wrote:
majojo wrote:Hi guys good morning n wish u all the best. Just a quick on I want to find out those who just got their visa I want to find out that what date was written on the envelope? For instance if you had your visa last week Friday what date was on the envelope so at least you know the number of days it took to get to you and does the post man come early or during the day. Am just anxious as since my employer said she was contacted I havnt been sleeping all I do is go toy window n wait for the post man. N when I call home office they say application is not complete n not with case worker so I do t know was my employer lying or what
My BRP was printed on the thursday 18 july and I received it monday 22nd july and my documents was sent out thursday 18 july and I received them on the thursday 25th july
Oh Ook thanks for your reply. Am just a bit worried as they contacted my employer last Tuesday and yet nothing

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:38 pm

after 14months of waiting ukba sent me a letter asking me to prove my mother is accually my mother before they can decide my case and am given till the 8th of next month. What do u think guys good or bad?

Brief naration of my case.
Can to the uk at the age of 13yr,been school n college,got a british gf since from high school, been domestically abused back home n suffered serious injuries and me and my real mom got defferent last name

Applied when I was 17yrs old(minor) submitted school and collge result,photos of me friends and gf,evidence of me been abused,letters from gf friends,her birth cert,letter from mp n many more

Ok now I have got the original birth certificate and I have just done a dna txt which will take 5working days to arrive plus will be sending in few letters from school n local council I will be sending off next week.

Rang ukba not long ago and I was told my application is on hold and I asked why and she said some applications have been put on hold and will be considered at the end of summer...... I think they don't know what they talking about bevause on the letter ukba sent me my caseworker add a special return stamp with her name on it and my case I'd and stated it needs to be sent to her by 8th of august so it will help her consider the matter.......what do u think abt it guys.....them guys that answer the calls are just giving random answer

Help

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 pm

smatts07 wrote:First complaint letter sent off today! Anyone actually get a response in 20 days??

Applied - 10/9/2012
Bio done- 22/2/2012
Waiting....
Just wait for the 20 days. For me, not getting a satisfactory answer is the same as not getting an answer at all. The HO is likely to tell stories you don't want to hear so get ready for the next step in your complaint process. Best of luck!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:22 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:after 14months of waiting ukba sent me a letter asking me to prove my mother is accually my mother before they can decide my case and am given till the 8th of next month. What do u think guys good or bad?

Can to the uk at the age of 13yr,been school n college,got a british gf since from high school, been domestically abused back home n suffered serious injuries and me and my real mom got defferent last name

Applied when I was 17yrs old(minor) submitted school and collge result,photos of me friends and gf,evidence of me been abused,letters from gf friends,her birth cert,letter from mp n many more

Ok now I have got the original birth certificate and I have just done a dna txt which will take 5working days to arrive plus will be sending in few letters from school n local council I will be sending off next week.

Rang ukba not long ago and I was told my application is on hold and I asked why and she said some applications have been put on hold and will be considered at the end of summer...... I think they don't know what they talking about bevause on the letter ukba sent me my caseworker add a special return stamp with her name on it and my case I'd and stated it needs to be sent to her by 8th of august so it will help her consider the matter.......what do u think abt it guys.....them guys that answer the calls are just giving random answer

Help
I don't understand why you are ringing them when they have asked you to submit the evidence that was requested "obviously" your application will be on hold pending the outcome of the submission of what was requested from you. Your case is already on a positive route. Just post what they want when you have them within the time frame. Good job in the birth certificate and DNA. I keep saying Sheffield and Croydon are two different places and the only way you can be sure exactly on what is happening is if your MP is involved and giving you a feedback OR you speak to caseworker directly which the latter is virtually impossible until then when calling that unfortuante premium number that looks like a number to hell we will continue to hear robots give the same programmable response. Lol PHEW!!! Start celebrating as I know you have been granted lol.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:41 pm

@summer2013 could you check the inbox please?

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Thank you soo much for your encouragement :)

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:55 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Thank you soo much for your encouragement :)
Congrats in advance
Godgives

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:06 pm

I don't know how happy am gonna be when all this comes to an end and godgive thank you soo much

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:10 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:I don't know how happy am gonna be when all this comes to an end and godgive thank you soo much
Once you submit the evidence I believe within a week you will testify. Just hang on in there bro! We are all in this together one for all, all for one :)

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks a lot am sat here n feeling happy already I wish GOD grants us all in his almighty name AMEN

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:39 am

ONLYME1 wrote:after 14months of waiting ukba sent me a letter asking me to prove my mother is accually my mother before they can decide my case and am given till the 8th of next month. What do u think guys good or bad?

Help
dna test? you just need a birth certificate. Think about this logically. All they need to grant you is the proof that your mother is your mother. If they were going to reject you they wouldnt even ask for this document as its irrelevant. So as long as you can prove this you are good to go.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 am

Good day to you. I suppose no news is good news after all. Still hoping and praying for a positive result for you all. Keep the faith!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Chidy wrote:
smatts07 wrote:First complaint letter sent off today! Anyone actually get a response in 20 days??

Applied - 10/9/2012
Bio done- 22/2/2012
Waiting....
Just wait for the 20 days. For me, not getting a satisfactory answer is the same as not getting an answer at all. The HO is likely to tell stories you don't want to hear so get ready for the next step in your complaint process. Best of luck!
Ok guys, I actually called my MP's office yesterday to enquire about the walk-in surgeries held, instead they put me through to their stuff member who apparently deals with immigration cases.
So after a quick chat they asked me to email them all the paperwork and wait for response...

I thought about it and as its not an actual complaint as such, more of a request to clarify my current position, figured I might as well just send them this email, instead of writing complaint to HO, waiting for 20 days bla bla...

Bearing in mind my official 6 months mark will only be tomorrow... 31/07/13 it somehow feels unjustified to complain at this point (not that it will have any impact on anything).

Anyway, so today I sent an email to MP with my application + copies of 2 letters sent by my solicitor to HO requesting updates.

I specified that Im very well aware of the difficulties HO are facing at the mo with backlogs etc, that by no means am I stating that my situation is more urgent/important then the other's. I said I dont want to queue jump, just need to have some clarification on how my case is progressing and at what stage my application currently is.

All done, but now Im feeling a little worried my solicitor will seriously kill me when he finds out lol. I just know it :oops:

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:54 pm

I read this on the site "Free Movement" and I thought it could be of interest for those of you who are appealing:

"A long time to be separated

My client today applied for a spouse visa in May 2012. A refusal was eventually issued in November 2012. The appeal took place today, 14 months after the application and 8 months after the refusal. The hearing took 20 minutes and it was allowed there and then by the judge. It could be another two or three months until the Home Office get around to issuing the visa, I warned.

This is no way to run an immigration system for human beings."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Chidy wrote:I read this on the site "Free Movement" and I thought it could be of interest for those of you who are appealing:

"A long time to be separated

My client today applied for a spouse visa in May 2012. A refusal was eventually issued in November 2012. The appeal took place today, 14 months after the application and 8 months after the refusal. The hearing took 20 minutes and it was allowed there and then by the judge. It could be another two or three months until the Home Office get around to issuing the visa, I warned.

This is no way to run an immigration system for human beings."
nice :evil:

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi all,

Its been 1 year n 10 days I m waiting for the decision and when i emailed my solicitor to ask can I contact MP to ask whats going on with my case n he wrote:

Your application remains pending with the Home Office. Our advice in simple terms will be to wait for the decision/outcome.
There is no need to contact/approach you MP at this stage. We will contact you once we received any correspondence from Home Office regarding your immigration matter.

Guys what do u think should i wait or contact my MP?

Thanks

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 pm

egoneo wrote:

Help
dna test? you just need a birth certificate. Think about this logically. All they need to grant you is the proof that your mother is your mother. If they were going to reject you they wouldnt even ask for this document as its irrelevant. So as long as you can prove this you are good to go.
I think it wont hurt to include a DNA test results as well, just to cement your case! But overall , congratulations in advance hun!!