ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work in Flanders, Belgium

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nextonever
Newly Registered

Work in Flanders, Belgium

Post by nextonever » Wed May 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi. I'm a 30-year old Malaysian. I'm moving soon to Belgium on a co-habitation Type D Visa with a Flemish man in Belgium. I'm a pharmacist (Australian Qualification) by profession but have worked only in Malaysia so far. According to the Belgian immigration, a work permit type C comes automatically once my schengen Type D visa is approved.
I just want to know from anyone if is it difficult for someone like me, with a reasonable command in English, but no knowledge of Dutch nor French, to find a job in Belgium. I have work experience in pharmaceutical regulatory affairs and I have a Bachelor degree in Pharmacy and a Masters in Biotechnology. Thanks for answering! :wink:

Mapiki
Newly Registered

Post by Mapiki » Mon May 14, 2007 12:40 am

I would say it will be pretty difficult to find a job without knowing Flemish or French, since usually both of these languages are required in job offers, and that in reality, one at least is necessary, French in Bruxelles, and Flemish in Flanders.
You may still follow intensive classes in Dutch, if you can.