ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debit card payment failed at PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

Debit card payment failed at PEO

Post by friday » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:44 am

Hi All,

I am planning to pay the fees for in person ILR at PEO using my debit card. I have already informed my bank about this payment. But just in case the payment did not go through, would the PEO give me a chance to call the bank again to allow payment? or would they refuse processing my application?

Please let me know what you think.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:55 am

they will give you chance i my opinion.

same time they will offer if you want to pay by other card if you make one extra page with other payment card details they will allow.[/list]
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:15 pm

loveworld wrote:they will give you chance i my opinion.

same time they will offer if you want to pay by other card if you make one extra page with other payment card details they will allow.[/list]
I was advised by Guru's you don't need to enter payment details on the page just tick PEO payment box use more than one if it failed!

friday

Post by friday » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:17 am

thank you for your help.

do yo they let people use their mobile phones?

I am worried as I visited my bank lloyds and they said that they no longer permit this kind of arrangement (i.e. to allow payment of large amount of money).

I am even thinking to pay by postal order .

Please let me know what you think.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:46 am

They will ask you if you want to pay with another card, take a credit card if you have one, inform the credit card company that you are going to make one big payment to ukba and to remove all payment cap from your card. They will put that in their system and you will be fine. Even debit card is fine and banks do put a note on account about the payment, atleast HSBC and Barclays does.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:00 am

If you are worried that you will have a problem, your safest option would be to get a Bankers Draft from your bank. The funds are then guaranteed and this won't create any stress for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

friday

Post by friday » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:01 am

thank you neoseal.

The problem is that I do not have another card and Lloyds bank claim that you they cannot allow this arrangement anymore!

Do they allow the use of personal mobile? as I may need to call the bank just after I make the payment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:07 am

CR001 wrote:If you are worried that you will have a problem, your safest option would be to get a Bankers Draft from your bank. The funds are then guaranteed and this won't create any stress for you.
this might be your best option in my opinion to avoid any hassles.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:40 am

Get a Bankers draft, safest. Then change ur bank. :wink:

friday

Post by friday » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:05 pm

thank you for your advice.

I just called the bank (Lloyds) again and they said that they cannot allow large payment unless they call me back during the day.

However,

The bank mentioned that if I am going to pay the fees using a machine where I enter my PIN number, then I should not worry about security blocking the payment.

Can people please who paid the fees by card let me know if they were allowed to pay using a machine where you can enter your PIN number?

Please let me know what do you think.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Yes, it is a chip and pin machine. Stop stressing, you will be fine. If you want to have absolutely no payment hassles, then do a Bankers Draft.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

friday

Post by friday » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, it is a chip and pin machine. Stop stressing, you will be fine. If you want to have absolutely no payment hassles, then do a Bankers Draft.
Thank you very much for your help.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Just to be free from worries, take a banker's draft as suggested by other members.

Later, change your bank and let the bank come begging to keep your account. It is strange that they don't allow you to use your money even with your explicit and written permission. I would not bank with such a bank.

sailafie
Newly Registered

Post by sailafie » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

We bank with Lloyds and it was a chip and pin machine we didn't ring the bank in advance and the payment went through without any problems.

My husband has a savings account and a current account with them so what I did (because I am very paranoid all the time!) is I put the money in his savings account via online banking and then whilst we were sat at the registration counter I used my phone to put the money in his current account via online banking and few minutes later we were called to the payment counter and it went through without a problem.

Hope this has helped :)

Good luck

friday

Post by friday » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Thank you all for the advice. I am planning to use the bankers draft.

sailafie: your story is encouraging me to use my debit card. I understand that you can use your mobile while waiting in the payment room. In my case the money is already in the current account and the bank already put a note regarding payment but they mentioned that the payment could still be blocked.

thank you again.

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 am

CR001 wrote:Yes, it is a chip and pin machine. Stop stressing, you will be fine. If you want to have absolutely no payment hassles, then do a Bankers Draft.
It was not chip and pin machine in Solihull. They took card details and got the money from our bank online.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 pm

croydon office got chip & pin machine.
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .