ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to caculate 5 years under wp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri May 11, 2007 9:57 pm

It wasn't an admission

I think you are pretty judgmental

You think its agressive, when I am just telling it straight

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Fri May 11, 2007 9:59 pm

I believe you can tell things straight without being sarcastic or irritable.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri May 11, 2007 10:05 pm

I don't appreciate your characterization of my behaviour
I think you you need to stop harassing me

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Fri May 11, 2007 10:13 pm

SYH wrote:I don't appreciate your characterization of my behaviour
I think you you need to stop harassing me
You cannot be harassed, you are the king of harassers. I can pick out all your harassing posts to different people on this board.
Some of us would just not stand by and watch this continue.
It is left for you to change. I will not be responding on this issue anymore.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri May 11, 2007 10:20 pm

That's my point, why are you checking out all my posts and then trying to grade them. Who are you to do judge me? None of the people I respond to seem to get so upset by my comments like you have. You must fancy yourself as some kind of superhero coming to the rescue as if these people are so defenseless people and cant speak for themselves.
The last response before you budded in was 2 days ago, everyone had moved on but you wouldn't let sleeping dogs lie.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sat May 12, 2007 6:42 am

SYH wrote:None of the people I respond to seem to get so upset by my comments like you have.
That's because they have chosen to ignore you...

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat May 12, 2007 11:27 am

Even if that is the case, Papafaith should do the same and grow up as he likes to say, so should you and take your own advice. Again the issue had been put to bed, but keep bringing it back up. Good Job!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat May 12, 2007 1:44 pm

SYH wrote: Papafaith should do the same and grow up as he likes to say, so should you and take your own advice
:lol: I love this board.. where else can you see a baby tell a couple of grown ups to grow up?
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat May 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.
Keep up the good work in keeping the thread in the limelight

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Sun May 13, 2007 5:21 am

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 13, 2007 10:07 am

Papafaith, really how sad that you can't drop it
You even said you were finished on this thread but yet you are back.
Why would you keep this thread alive after it had been inactive for almost a day and bud back in?

The more you protest, the more you prove it is not about what I did but what your problems are. You think you are some kind of enforcer and that is not your function You expect others to recognize your authority but you have no authority. And domineering people, think they know everything even the intention of others on a forum when sometimes written words don't come off as well as if those words had been spoken.

But you must be right because you are papafaith and it gets under your skin that I won't cowtow to you which is evidenced by your inability to exercise restraint and leave the thread alone. You can't deal with not being in charge so you need to continue your attack of me to regain your imaginary authority.

Why can't you move along? I didn't even bother to click on your link. It's an attempt to obtain authority from a source not your own. You just need to tell others to behave and I won't give you that power over me. You just start with yourself and don't be bothered by other people so easily. However I repeat to you to stop bothering me

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sun May 13, 2007 10:45 am

SYH wrote:Papafaith, really how sad that you can't drop it
Why would you keep this thread alive after it had been inactive for almost a day and bud back in?

The more you protest, the more you prove it is not about what I did but what your problems are. You think you are some kind of enforcer and that is not your function You expect others to recognize your authority but you have no authority. And domineering people, think they know everything even the intention of others on a forum when sometimes written words don't come off as well as if those words had been spoken.

But you must be right because you are papafaith and it gets under your skin that I won't cowtow to you which is evidenced by your inability to exercise restraint and leave the thread alone. You can't deal with not being in charge so you need to continue your attack of me to regain your imaginary authority.

Why can't you move along? I didn't even bother to click on your link. It's an attempt to obtain authority from a source not your own. You just need to tell others to behave and I won't give you that power over me. You just start with yourself and don't be bothered by other people so easily. However I repeat to you to stop bothering me
That is nothing but a load of bull, but admittedly by now we expect nothing else from the source. There has been no previous posters dumb enough to level all that accusations against Papafaith who has thus far been very graceful, helpful and mature in his contributions. Were he to ask for atleast one post in which he has been disrespectful to a fellow poster, you will end up getting a combination of rotten egg and tomatoes on your face.

And what kind of a community do you live in and what logic (if any)do you give to your arguments? Only enforcers and morality police are allowed to admonish idiots and wrong-doers? If you see an old lady being assaulted on the street by a yob, do you still walk off telling it is only the police's job? Or do you try and protect her and do the right thing at the right time? Seriously.. you should really see a shrink and consider growing up yourself rather than walk around telling everyone else who tells you to improve to do that.

Also, the time difference of a day or 2 or more depends on the frequency that the poster logs on and has no bearing on what he posts. Why are you so worried about not keeping this thread in the limelight? Would you prefer that we start a new thread just to tell you to pipe it?
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 13, 2007 11:02 am

Doc terror-Your reasoning is flawed

If I was worried about the thread being in the limelight, I wouldn't respond.

If you guys are so mature, you would have dropped it by now
That's the bottom line

No one has said anything to Papafaith because they weren't patronized by him.

I think you are the only one calling people names at this point. If you don't condone it, then you shouldn't do it

The logic of the above statements is unrefutable

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sun May 13, 2007 11:17 am

Admittedly, my previous post was a bit over my usual self and even though it looks immature to carry it thus far, it was solely done to get the point across to you. It is nothing personal as I don't even know you or crossed swords in any othe posts with you and I hope there is no lingering hard feelings.

Pls note that I never did call you any names.
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 13, 2007 11:48 am

Fine, lets just leave it alone

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Mon May 14, 2007 8:08 am

SYH wrote:Papafaith, really how sad that you can't drop it

This is really not called for, so i have no right to express my tots in a thread you are involved in? Who is domineering here, you attack Olisun, Docterror and Papafaith, yet you claim we are the ones......
Even if after a month, i think i have the same rights as you to post at anytime on any topic.
I post a thread on flame trolling originally made by the admin and you call me names, so i should be afaid of SYH.
I maintain that you need to be mature enough to handle critizism anywhere you feel it. I do not know you so why would i take this personal.
Like Docterror said, i would not see an old woman being harrassed by a yob and walk by because am not the morality police or the enforcer. I will defend her.
The pls read me post was not directed at you, if it was i would have said SYH read this.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon May 14, 2007 8:18 am

Are you kidding me? This again?
It is all irrelevant, everyone has left the building except you keep running back into it.
Sure express yourself, but don't be hypocrite and tell me how to express myself. What kind of double standard mind set is this about?

firstime

Post by firstime » Thu May 17, 2007 9:00 pm

I got some confused news- I emailed HO and ask if i should start to caculate my 5 years from the date of the endorsement was given on my passport.

A recap- i got my WP approved when I was in the UK and the date of approvement was June 2002. But my acturaly working day started in August 2002.

The email I got saying' you should caculate from the date you started to work for work permit employment' which means from August 2002.

But I was told by HO when calling them on the phone and other people the caculation should start from JUNE 2002....

Please help!! Has anyone recently been to HO in person to apply? Please help and wonder if which answer is right???

thanks

Movado
Newly Registered

Post by Movado » Fri May 18, 2007 12:03 am

firstime wrote:I got some confused news- I emailed HO and ask if i should start to caculate my 5 years from the date of the endorsement was given on my passport.

A recap- i got my WP approved when I was in the UK and the date of approvement was June 2002. But my acturaly working day started in August 2002.

The email I got saying' you should caculate from the date you started to work for work permit employment' which means from August 2002.

But I was told by HO when calling them on the phone and other people the caculation should start from JUNE 2002....

Please help!! Has anyone recently been to HO in person to apply? Please help and wonder if which answer is right???

thanks
I've recently been to the HO and can confirm that they used the stamp endorsement in the passport NOT the start of employment and NOT the work permit start date. I started my employment about 2 months after endorsement in my passport as work permit holder and they used this date. Thats just my experience recently in April though. Maybe someone else can confirm or contradict this!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri May 18, 2007 5:04 am

Movado wrote:
firstime wrote:I got some confused news- I emailed HO and ask if i should start to caculate my 5 years from the date of the endorsement was given on my passport.

thanks
I've recently been to the HO and can confirm that they used the stamp endorsement in the passport NOT the start of employment and NOT the work permit start date. I started my employment about 2 months after endorsement in my passport as work permit holder and they used this date. Thats just my experience recently in April though. Maybe someone else can confirm or contradict this!
yes, the date on the passport is the one to go for

firstime

Post by firstime » Fri May 18, 2007 9:39 am

Thank you for your both.

I asked some immigration service agency they has the same answer..

However since HO is trying everything to make things complicated.. I could not help feeling that they are going to use any possible means to stop you getting IRL...