ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Attributes Appendix A Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

UKBA Attributes Appendix A Query

Post by globalindian » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 am

Hi,

I have a query regarding salary eligibility. The UKBA site says :
75A. No points will be awarded if the salary referred to in paragraph 75 above is less than £40,600 per year where the applicant is applying in the Long Term Staff sub-category, unless the applicant is applying for leave to remain and previously had leave as:

(i) a Qualifying Work Permit Holder, or

(ii) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2011,

and has not been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since that grant of leave.
In my case I have came to UK as Work permit and since then my visa has been extended under Tier 2 ICT category before 6 April 2011.

Does this mean that I am exempted from the salary requirement of £ 40,600?

Thanks.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:44 am

any inputs from Senior members please?

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Gurus and Seniors,

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:04 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... fpractice/

For tier 2 migrant their salary should have at least the amount specified for their SOC code . You can check SOC 2013 on the above link and find out minimum salary required for your SOC code.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks dk2011. I am fine with the SOC code of practice and my salary is above the code of practice mentioned in the letter.

My query is regarding the eligibility criteria for Tier 2 ICT candidate as per the attributes mentioned in Appendix A section 75A.
75A. No points will be awarded if the salary referred to in paragraph 75 above is less than £40,600 per year where the applicant is applying in the Long Term Staff sub-category, unless the applicant is applying for leave to remain and previously had leave as:

(ii) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2011,

and has not been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since that grant of leave.
In my case I have came to UK as Work permit and since then my visa has been extended under Tier 2 ICT category before 6 April 2011.

Does this mean that I am exempted from the salary requirement of £ 40,600?

The last line -
and has not been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since that grant of leave
is not very clear and seems to be contradicting point i and ii.
Please advise with your interpretation.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:01 am

If you are paid at or above required for your SOC code then you are fine.
I wouldn't bother too much about it . However , i can simplify the clause for your understanding.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
unless the applicant is applying for leave to remain and previously had leave as:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry clearance means fresh VISA(Applied from outside UK) and not extension of existing leave . You have applied only for extension and no fresh entry clearance so you are fine.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:12 am

Many thanks dk2011 for your help. :D