ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Clearance - USA Business Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kkarank
Newly Registered

Police Clearance - USA Business Visa

Post by kkarank » Mon May 14, 2007 10:22 am

Hello All

I am permanent resident in the UK and hold an Indian Passport.I am planning to visit USA in July on a training which is run out of my company HQ in NYC.

However,I have had two visa refusals for USA albeit a long time ago(1999).However,in 2004 i received a bindover from a UK court.

I am now looking to find out if I will still be able to get a visa to travel to USA .I would like to go through a lawyer who specializes in US visa matters.I understand that I will need to provide a UK Police Clearance certificate ? Is that correct ?Also does anyone here know a good immigration lawyer in UK who can assist me in this ?

Thanks,
KK

cruze72
Newly Registered

Post by cruze72 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:02 pm

You will need a police clearance certificate ..... you can get this through your local police authority's website under the freedom of information act ...... download the form and post off your £10 fee with formal ID and by law they have to send the information within 40 days. You will need this for your B-1 application

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Sat May 19, 2007 10:45 pm

Firstly, what's a 'bindover'? Some sort of a criminal record or what??

Secondly, I'm an Indian Citizen with ILR in the UK and recently applied for a US business visa at the US Embassy in London to attend a show in Florida. Took all documents from my employer (letter confirming purpose of visit, length of trip, confirmation that all costs would be met by my employer and confirmation that I would return to the UK to my job) and an invitation letter from the US company (in your case it would have to be an invitation from the training provider).

Went for the interview at the US Embassy in London - the whole process was pretty painless. Came away thinking I'd be issued with a single entry B2 (business) visa, but a few days later when my passport was sent back to me, realised I've been issued a 10 year multiple entry B1(tourist) and B2 visa (yes, 10 years multiple!!!). Entering USA was also very painless - no harsh questioning or anything that I had expected. In fact, told the Immigration officer I wanted to stay for 5 days, but he stamped my passport for a 30 day stay.

Maybe I am just lucky - but I think if you a a genuine traveller to the USA, they have no issues letting you in. In your case, as you say you have been refused a US visa in the last 10 years, not sure how that will impact your application as there is a question on the visa application form about whether or not if you have previously applied for a US visa and if you have been ever refused a US visa. But if you give the true reasons for the refusal and your situation has changed since then, AND you are able to provide all the required documentation required for your B2 visa, then I see no reason why you won't be issued with a B2 visa.
Good Luck.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:21 am

US tourist/business visas are always multiple entry and valid for 10 years (except maybe in exceptional cases). Of course, even a valid visa doesn't guarantee entry.