ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR advice re bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaanep
Newly Registered

ILR advice re bank statements

Post by jaanep » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi all

I have my PEO appointment on Friday and have today gone through my paperwork again and realised the my bank statements for my debit card are missing. Grrr. Get sent my credit card statements in the post each month but debit card is only online and never really realised this. HSBC can't order/post the statements to me in time, so my question is do I cancel and book another appointment for a week's time or do I take the risk and go on Friday? Or does anyone know of UKBA accepting online statements that have been stamped/certified by the branch??

I have all of my other documentation in order it is just this I am missing... I've just checked appointments and although I can't get one in Croydon before my current VISA expires I can get one in Liverpool so I'm willing to travel up there for the day. Alternatively I can go down the posting option but I am trying to avoid that.

My situation is that I am currently on UK Ancestry VISA and applying for ILR on the SETO form. My case is quite straight forward and I meet all of the criteria, just don't want to get turned down on a technicality.

What are people's experience with the documentation? Do they actually check these bank statements? Or will payslips for the past 3 months suffice?

Advice would be appreciated.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: ILR advice re bank statements

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

jaanep wrote:Hi all

I have my PEO appointment on Friday and have today gone through my paperwork again and realised the my bank statements for my debit card are missing. Grrr. Get sent my credit card statements in the post each month but debit card is only online and never really realised this. HSBC can't order/post the statements to me in time, so my question is do I cancel and book another appointment for a week's time or do I take the risk and go on Friday? Or does anyone know of UKBA accepting online statements that have been stamped/certified by the branch??

I have all of my other documentation in order it is just this I am missing... I've just checked appointments and although I can't get one in Croydon before my current VISA expires I can get one in Liverpool so I'm willing to travel up there for the day. Alternatively I can go down the posting option but I am trying to avoid that.

My situation is that I am currently on UK Ancestry VISA and applying for ILR on the SETO form. My case is quite straight forward and I meet all of the criteria, just don't want to get turned down on a technicality.

What are people's experience with the documentation? Do they actually check these bank statements? Or will payslips for the past 3 months suffice?

Advice would be appreciated.
I have used online statements a number of times signed and stamped by the branch in the past. I used them for postal apps but I dont think it will cause any issues. Hope this helps.

jaanep
Newly Registered

Post by jaanep » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks for your reply. I went to HSBC this morning and they've supplied what they can but have said in their experience I will need the official statements.

So they have ordered them all - in branch much more helpful than the call centre, the call centre advised that they could not even order statements for me as I have a 'green' bank account and have to go through the process first of getting my bank account 'regular', none of that rubbish in branch.

I'm going to move the appointment anyway. I'd rather pay the fee again and have peace of mind than get rejected because of this.

dubeyv
Newly Registered

Post by dubeyv » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am

If I would have been you, I wouldnt have worried at all as long as they are willing to stamp all the online printouts for me.
Most of the bank executives know why we are asking this and I never faced any issues but yes.. my bank was Barclays so not sure with HSBC... but if you can get the docs stamped, you should be fine.