ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

previous passport held during stay in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

Post by friday » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:39 am

Hi All,

In section 11- documents, they ask for:

I was in UK on a student VISA (which is stamped on an expired old passport), then I switched to work permit and tier 1 with all related stamps in one new passport.

can you please let me know if I still need to provide the old passport (which contains only my student VISA)?

thank you in advance.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: previous passport held during stay in UK

Post by sonub4ualt » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:06 am

friday wrote:Hi All,

In section 11- documents, they ask for:

I was in UK on a student VISA (which is stamped on an expired old passport), then I switched to work permit and tier 1 with all related stamps in one new passport.

can you please let me know if I still need to provide the old passport (which contains only my student VISA)?

thank you in advance.
Yes, mention details of all the passports which you hold, old/expired/current/new.

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 am

My understanding on this is if the application is based on the combination of workpermit and Tier1 or Tier 1 on its own on one single passport, then I do not see a point in presenting the old passport as it is not relevant to the last 5 years on which this application is based.

These are just my views, and someone senior or Guru can clarify this.

Regards,

REDBULL110

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:43 am

WHAT IS PROBLEM OF PRESENTING OLD PASSPORT

DID U GET THIS PASSPORT ILLEGALLY THEN WHY YOU DON"T WANT TO PRESENT.

BY LAW YOU HAVE TO PRESENT.
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

friday

Post by friday » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

I agree with redbull110.

I do not mind showing the old passport. But I do not want to cause confusion to the case worker as the old passport contains only irrelevant VISA (student).

Thank you all for your advice.

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

My understanding is that if we follow the LAW, then the previous passports held during the applicants stay as Tier-1 General or combination of Tier-1 General and work permits, should only be presented, as the application is based on that category.

Old passports which does not contribute to the ILR on 5 years stay do not need to be included, unless some one is going for 10 yrs long route where all the previously held passports are required to establish lawful 10 years stay.

Thanks.

Regards,

REDBULL110

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 am

I don't agree with redbull110.

I am not fighting but I know the rules so don"t want to argue.

But if you want your case to be complicated then don"t include.

SIMPLE matter become very complicated when you hide something which you don"t need to.

Thanks
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .