ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (M) - Date to apply - KoLL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

ILR Set (M) - Date to apply - KoLL

Post by FaFa9660 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:57 am

Hi All,

Hope someone don't mind to answer some of my questions re subject.

Understand the earliest to apply is 28 days before visa expire. Is the 28 days count as working days not include weekend. Example if the expiry date is 19th Dec 13 so the earliest to apply is 11th Nov 13, am i right?

I really wish i could apply before 28 Oct 13 so i do not have to go through ESOL test! Is only 2 weeks apart from the date i need to apply ILR. Gutted!

Can anyone suggest any center that have ESOL test somewhere around south west area? So i could get the test book (I passed my LITUK in July)

Many thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set (M) - Date to apply - KoLL

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 am

FaFa9660 wrote:Understand the earliest to apply is 28 days before visa expire. Is the 28 days count as working days not include weekend. Example if the expiry date is 19th Dec 13 so the earliest to apply is 11th Nov 13, am i right?
It is 28 days, which includes counting weekends, so about the 22nd November
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

Post by FaFa9660 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 am

CR001 wrote:
FaFa9660 wrote:Understand the earliest to apply is 28 days before visa expire. Is the 28 days count as working days not include weekend. Example if the expiry date is 19th Dec 13 so the earliest to apply is 11th Nov 13, am i right?
Thanks for clarify! Any idea the test center for ESOL?

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 pm

FaFa9660 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Where about in South west you are looking ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

If spouse degree is passed in english, Do they still need to pass ESOL ?

FaFa9660
Newly Registered

Post by FaFa9660 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 pm

aarnags wrote:
FaFa9660 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Where about in South west you are looking ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

If spouse degree is passed in english, Do they still need to pass ESOL ?
I live in Basingstoke so somewhere near me would be good. Not all the center have an open test for public. Some is only for register student. Unfortunately, my IELTS will be expire this month i don't think they will allow me to use that even thought i have a Band 7 and i do not have any University degree or certificate to prove my English. I do have one certificate from Pitman when i study in college but it is only Elementary level so that can't be use either.