ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 pm

nikitpatel wrote:Hi all,

Its been 1 year n 10 days I m waiting for the decision and when i emailed my solicitor to ask can I contact MP to ask whats going on with my case n he wrote:

Your application remains pending with the Home Office. Our advice in simple terms will be to wait for the decision/outcome.
There is no need to contact/approach you MP at this stage. We will contact you once we received any correspondence from Home Office regarding your immigration matter.

Guys what do u think should i wait or contact my MP?

Thanks
Oh no! WTF is it with solicitors so dead against us getting in touch with MPs????? I mean it aint no skin of their noses, right? We are more or less doing their job like so why are they always advising against it I would really like to know!!!

@nikipatel Im in your shoes hun, my solicitor is against it, but I just got in touch with MP anyway! And I only been waiting 5 months and 30 days- real Miss Patience me :lol:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 pm

@verbina; weldone babe, its a good way to kick off lol... then the next step is to gather momentum....... dont worry about yr solicitor, u are only doin wat is right and he would prolly think its another of his clients that like to hear from d horse's mouth.........lets wait for d response from yr mp b4 u kno wat next to do.... its well babe...

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:17 pm

verbina wrote:
Chidy wrote:
smatts07 wrote:First complaint letter sent off today! Anyone actually get a response in 20 days??
Should I wait to contact my MP?

Applied - 10/9/2012
Bio done- 22/2/2012
Waiting....
Just wait for the 20 days. For me, not getting a satisfactory answer is the same as not getting an answer at all. The HO is likely to tell stories you don't want to hear so get ready for the next step in your complaint process. Best of luck!
Ok guys, I actually called my MP's office yesterday to enquire about the walk-in surgeries held, instead they put me through to their stuff member who apparently deals with immigration cases.
So after a quick chat they asked me to email them all the paperwork and wait for response...

I thought about it and as its not an actual complaint as such, more of a request to clarify my current position, figured I might as well just send them this email, instead of writing complaint to HO, waiting for 20 days bla bla...

Bearing in mind my official 6 months mark will only be tomorrow... 31/07/13 it somehow feels unjustified to complain at this point (not that it will have any impact on anything).

Anyway, so today I sent an email to MP with my application + copies of 2 letters sent by my solicitor to HO requesting updates.

I specified that Im very well aware of the difficulties HO are facing at the mo with backlogs etc, that by no means am I stating that my situation is more urgent/important then the other's. I said I dont want to queue jump, just need to have some clarification on how my case is progressing and at what stage my application currently is.

All done, but now Im feeling a little worried my solicitor will seriously kill me when he finds out lol. I just know it :oops:
Well seem like your fowl is doing a good guidance job lol. But on the other hand I don't think it should be a problem with the solicitor by engaging your MP (although they always seem to get upset by the idea). The status is what you are after and I believe even if the case needed looking at, biometric invitation should still have been issued (standard procedure I believe) cos February seem like a long time without any further correspondence.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina; weldone babe, its a good way to kick off lol... then the next step is to gather momentum....... dont worry about yr solicitor, u are only doin wat is right and he would prolly think its another of his clients that like to hear from d horse's mouth.........lets wait for d response from yr mp b4 u kno wat next to do.... its well babe...
Awwwwh cheers for these reassuring words hun!!!! I almost started to doubt myself for a second....

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:23 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
Chidy wrote:
smatts07 wrote:First complaint letter sent off today! Anyone actually get a response in 20 days??
Should I wait to contact my MP?

Applied - 10/9/2012
Bio done- 22/2/2012
Waiting....
Just wait for the 20 days. For me, not getting a satisfactory answer is the same as not getting an answer at all. The HO is likely to tell stories you don't want to hear so get ready for the next step in your complaint process. Best of luck!
Ok guys, I actually called my MP's office yesterday to enquire about the walk-in surgeries held, instead they put me through to their stuff member who apparently deals with immigration cases.
So after a quick chat they asked me to email them all the paperwork and wait for response...

I thought about it and as its not an actual complaint as such, more of a request to clarify my current position, figured I might as well just send them this email, instead of writing complaint to HO, waiting for 20 days bla bla...

Bearing in mind my official 6 months mark will only be tomorrow... 31/07/13 it somehow feels unjustified to complain at this point (not that it will have any impact on anything).

Anyway, so today I sent an email to MP with my application + copies of 2 letters sent by my solicitor to HO requesting updates.

I specified that Im very well aware of the difficulties HO are facing at the mo with backlogs etc, that by no means am I stating that my situation is more urgent/important then the other's. I said I dont want to queue jump, just need to have some clarification on how my case is progressing and at what stage my application currently is.

All done, but now Im feeling a little worried my solicitor will seriously kill me when he finds out lol. I just know it :oops:
Well seem like your fowl is doing a good guidance job lol. But on the other hand I don't think it should be a problem with the solicitor by engaging your MP (although they always seem to get upset by the idea). The status is what you are after and I believe even if the case needed looking at, biometric invitation should still have been issued (standard procedure I believe) cos February seem like a long time without any further correspondence.
Yeahhhh thats what Im thinking... 8) Thank you guys!!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 pm

hello guys, i got a response from the customer service unit in sheffield sayin they hv passed my complain to relevant pple to be investigatd andthey will respond to me wit their findings.....so they said i will. hear frm them by 8th of august which makes it 20 days.....i hv sent an email to HRH Mrs may but no acknowlegement ....but i will not give up..

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:31 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:hello guys, i got a response from the customer service unit in sheffield sayin they hv passed my complain to relevant pple to be inestigatd andthey will respond to me wit their findings.....so they said i will. hear frm them by 8th of august which makes it 20 days.....i hv sent an email to HRH Mrs may but no acknowlegement ....but i will not give up
Heyyyy!! Well done on contacting Theresa May directly babe!!! Im curious what her response will be!!

No giving up!! We'll become their personal poltergeists if we need to!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:39 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:hello guys, i got a response from the customer service unit in sheffield sayin they hv passed my complain to relevant pple to be investigatd andthey will respond to me wit their findings.....so they said i will. hear frm them by 8th of august which makes it 20 days.....i hv sent an email to HRH Mrs may but no acknowlegement ....but i will not give up..

I can see you are finally smashing some doors open and the emails are working effectively and I pray they will yield nothing but positive results in Jesus name (Amen). Did you mail mike Harper too?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:45 pm

@verbina thanx dear..they left me wit no choice.i hope she replies cos i stated in my email that i would like her to act...
@dapso lee thax and amen to yr prayeram just about to mail mr harper thot i d wait for mrs may to respond but 24hrs gone no response so d next is to send an emai to mr harper,,hopefully someone will listen and act

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Chidy, Free movement is one of my favourite blogs, I find it extremely helpful and Colin Yeo is a guy of moral fibre, I wish all lawyers were like him (disclaimer: I have no affiliation or personal interests in Renaissance Chambers neither do I embark on PR campaigns on their behalf lol)

@Verbina very impressive, diplomatic and well expressed. You sort of have to tread on egg shells when you are dealing with these people but at the same time putting your point across sternly, so well done you!. As for your lawyers, they should thank you for expediting your case, frankly they should be following it up now and again - whatever you want as the client should be respected. Perhaps it's a scheme to bill you for the extra admin work. Same applies to you Nikit.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Great fighting spirit yummymummy, they throw the Spam sink at you, you throw a bathtub right back :D

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 pm

nikitpatel wrote:Hi all,

Its been 1 year n 10 days I m waiting for the decision and when i emailed my solicitor to ask can I contact MP to ask whats going on with my case n he wrote:

Your application remains pending with the Home Office. Our advice in simple terms will be to wait for the decision/outcome.
There is no need to contact/approach you MP at this stage. We will contact you once we received any correspondence from Home Office regarding your immigration matter.

Guys what do u think should i wait or contact my MP?

Thanks
There is something we have to bear in mind. We ask solicitors to represent us in our immigration matters. if we go to the MP to represent us, it may sound like solicitors are not strong or good enough to take our case. They may feel frustrated when we tell them that we are contacting our MP. Therefore do not expect them to be happy when you go to your MP. There is nothing wrong if you are doing what you think is right, but please use some tact.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Great fighting spirit yummymummy, they throw the Spam sink at you, you throw a bathtub right back :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

11akb

Post by 11akb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:59 pm

14 month start still no reply contacted mp and homeoffice waiting and waiting another summaer come and go :cry:

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:03 pm

@beleve lol u so funny...let the throwing begins

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 pm

11akb wrote:14 month start still no reply contacted mp and homeoffice waiting and waiting another summaer come and go :cry:
You poor poor love!! Have you been in contact with MP and Ombudsman yet?
PS is it a fresh application or extension??

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Great fighting spirit yummymummy, they throw the Spam sink at you, you throw a bathtub right back :D

=D =D =D

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:14 pm

hi@winners please check your inbox.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:27 pm

got a call from my mp today and the lady asked me if i heard from ukba and i told her yes and she went what was said by then and i told her they asking me to confirm that my mother is my biology mother and with prove of this.

this is what she said.

that ukba has checked my details and seen that the name of the lady who was put in as my mum on the application form when i was coming into uk 5years ago is defferent from who i said is my real mum and that due to the fact i came in here as a minor and have been domestically abused with serious injury the ukba is obligated to protect me on the childs protection act but they need to make sure i have atleast one family in the ukba not just here all by myself ... and i asked her if this is good and she said yes because even though i cant prove shes my mum i will be taken into a foster home either ways i will still be granted....they are just making sure i am not alone.... she said to send in letters from school and registration to local council and birth cert ... when i told her i done a dna she start laughing saying that was way too far to go that if ukba wanted dna they will clearly state it that they just need my confirmation she is my mum.

this whole thing feeling like a dream to me i hope its for the best

thank you guys for everything i will keep you updated... going getting my dna result on thursday and sending it off to my case worker directly.

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:37 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:got a call from my mp today and the lady asked me if i heard from ukba and i told her yes and she went what was said by then and i told her they asking me to confirm that my mother is my biology mother and with prove of this.

this is what she said.

that ukba has checked my details and seen that the name of the lady who was put in as my mum on the application form when i was coming into uk 5years ago is defferent from who i said is my real mum and that due to the fact i came in here as a minor and have been domestically abused with serious injury the ukba is obligated to protect me on the childs protection act but they need to make sure i have atleast one family in the ukba not just here all by myself ... and i asked her if this is good and she said yes because even though i cant prove shes my mum i will be taken into a foster home either ways i will still be granted....they are just making sure i am not alone.... she said to send in letters from school and registration to local council and birth cert ... when i told her i done a dna she start laughing saying that was way too far to go that if ukba wanted dna they will clearly state it that they just need my confirmation she is my mum.

this whole thing feeling like a dream to me i hope its for the best

thank you guys for everything i will keep you updated... going getting my dna result on thursday and sending it off to my case worker directly.
@ONLYME1, you are finally there!!! A big Congratulations

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

leave to remain

Post by grenadagirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi guys, just got my doc back, my solicitor did make a mistake and said indefinite but it was not. It's just leave to remain for 30 months. But still blessed.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi@winners please check your inbox.
Winners disappeard from forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:42 pm

@socrates

big thank you god bless you and wish you all the best too...

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm

anyway@grandagirl big congratulation!! something is better than nothing at least you got a some sort of stay, now you can freely work and travel, we people here begging for this with home office, please please give us a some sort of stay!!!!!!!!!!

Shondra Sharma

hello

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:45 pm

anyway@grandagirl big congratulation!! something is better than nothing at least you got a some sort of stay, now you can freely work and travel, we people here begging for this with home office, please please give us a some sort of stay!!!!!!!!!!