ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat May 12, 2007 9:55 am

i applied 31st march (nice of NCS bromley to accommodate me :))
no acknowledgement, no money taken out, NCS told me that there is a backlog and i should check in 2 weeks. you guys think i should also call the home office.
does one need to be in the country till they acknowledge the application? i was out of the country 4 days after applying, you guys think that would have been registered some place?

mon, why did they ask you for new payment details, shoudln't your old details submitted at the time of the application should have been OK

nouasser, have they taken the fees or provided you with an acknowledgement

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Sat May 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Angel wrote:TO MUSIC:

Hi, the best one in your case its apply By appointment only at passport office counters - guaranteed one-week Fast Track service, cost is GBP 91.00.
But you have to book appointment ASAP after your ceremony due to changes from 1 June 2007, first-time adult passport customers will no longer be able to use the fast track one-week service as they will have to attend an interview.
You can find all info on www.passport.gov.uk

Good luck!
THANKS ANGEL,
ITS BIT DIFFCULT TO TRAVEL TO PASSPORT OFFICE FOR ME THATS WHY i WANT TO KNOW THE PROCESS THROUGH POST OFFICE ,
MANY THANKS .

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Sun May 13, 2007 1:39 pm

rogerroger wrote: mon, why did they ask you for new payment details, shoudln't your old details submitted at the time of the application should have been OK
I haven't read the letter, but can only assume either I gave them incorrect details or there's been some other problem.

talkingeyes
Newly Registered

New member!

Post by talkingeyes » Sun May 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Please is anyone out there who has submitted their Naturalisation application through NCS in Westminster around the 28th of March received an acknowledgement letter or had the fees taken by the HO yet? I know the HO have received my application on the 30th of March (through the Royal Mail website) but have heard nothing! :cry: I sent a cheque but that hasn't been cashed either.

It would be good to hear from some one who went through the NCS in Westminster.

Thanks

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Mon May 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Just an update: my wife submitted her naturalisation application on 29/03/2007 via NCS, it was delivered to the Home Office on 30/03/2007. The money (£268 :) ) was taken from her account only on 09/05/2007.

No any letters received yet.

champion

Post by champion » Mon May 14, 2007 2:20 pm

AlexCh wrote:Just an update: my wife submitted her naturalisation application on 29/03/2007 via NCS, it was delivered to the Home Office on 30/03/2007. The money (£268 :) ) was taken from her account only on 09/05/2007.

No any letters received yet.
I am glad (bit evil though) that post and NCS are having similar timeline in recieving ack.

champion

Post by champion » Mon May 14, 2007 2:30 pm

Date of submission or posting : 29 Mar 2007
Criteria : Indian, 4 years residence + 2 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 4th May
Date on ack letter : 4th May
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 12th May
Date of receipt of approval : ...
Ceremony innvitation letter:

Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Angel » Mon May 14, 2007 3:16 pm

champion wrote:Date of submission or posting : 29 Mar 2007
Hi Champion,
Please specify is your application Postal or via NCS?

Thanks.

champion

Post by champion » Mon May 14, 2007 3:36 pm

POSTAL Or NCS: Postal
Date of submission or posting : 29 Mar 2007

shire19
Newly Registered

Post by shire19 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:49 pm

Wow so an roughly 2 months delay on the acknowledgment letter alone :(

champion

Post by champion » Mon May 14, 2007 3:54 pm

shire19 wrote:Wow so an roughly 2 months delay on the acknowledgment letter alone :(
Not really 5 weeks for ack
and another 1 week to post the letter :D and royalmail collected effort

SK1

Two week wait for Citizenship Ceremony Letter...

Post by SK1 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:30 pm

Hi All,

I just received my citizenship ceremony letter from my LA and am scheduled to attend on the 6 June, but am annoyed as I'll be away on holiday during that time. I was hoping to get the letter sooner, waited 2 weeks since I received my approval letter from the BIA. I called and left a message at my LA, but by the looks of it, I'll have to call again on Monday, if nobody comes back to me.

Delays, delays....and I know (from my wife's experience) that the next ceremony date they'll put me on will probably be in July...Essex is crap when it comes to things like this. I guess there's not many people attending, so they only seem to have 1 per month. If they offer private ceremonies and they cheap, I may look at that as an option.

SK1

SK1

Two week wait for Citizenship Ceremony Letter...

Post by SK1 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi All,

I just received my citizenship ceremony letter from my LA and am scheduled to attend on the 6 June, but am annoyed as I'll be away on holiday during that time. I was hoping to get the letter sooner, waited 2 weeks since I received my approval letter from the BIA. I called and left a message at my LA, but by the looks of it, I'll have to call again on Monday, if nobody comes back to me.

Delays, delays....and I know (from my wife's experience) that the next ceremony date they'll put me on will probably be in July...Essex is crap when it comes to things like this. I guess there's not many people attending, so they only seem to have 1 per month. If they offer private ceremonies and they cheap, I may look at that as an option.

SK1

seancody
Newly Registered

Post by seancody » Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 pm

NCS or Postal: POSTAL
If NCS, which centre
Date of submission or posting: 21st OF MARCH 2007
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of cheque: 30th of MARCH 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 9th of APRIL 2007
Date of receipt of approval: 18th of MAY 2007
Date of Ceremony: ----------
Date of appln. for passport: ---
Method used:-----
Date of Receipt -------

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Sat May 19, 2007 1:27 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS: Brighton Registry Office
Date of submission or posting: 8th May 2007
CRITERIA - EU Passsport, excersisng Treaty rights, 5 years + 1 Year ILR (According to new rules asfrom 30 April 2006)
Date of debit: Haven't checked
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of receipt of approval: TBA
Date of Receipt -------

I was informedby the NCS service that there are delays in issuing receipt of acknowledgements, as there had been huge increase of applications prior fees changes on 2 April 2007 and there is a huge backlog in the HO post room and will take some time clearing up. Not in a hurry anyway. I don't expect anything until Mid June.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Sat May 19, 2007 6:01 pm

UKArgie wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
CRITERIA - EU Passsport, excersisng Treaty rights, 5 years + 1 Year ILR (According to new rules asfrom 30 April 2006)
Date of Receipt -------

I was informedby the NCS service that there are delays in issuing receipt of acknowledgements, as there had been huge increase of applications prior fees changes on 2 April 2007 and there is a huge backlog in the HO post room and will take some time clearing up. Not in a hurry anyway. I don't expect anything until Mid June.
Don't even expect approval until July or later...

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Mon May 21, 2007 11:49 am

SK1 wrote:
Date of Receipt -------

Cheers, not in a hurry anyway, need to do lots of travel in Europe in June/July so better not to have a ceremony then.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:55 pm

UKArgie wrote:
SK1 wrote:
Date of Receipt -------

Cheers, not in a hurry anyway, need to do lots of travel in Europe in June/July so better not to have a ceremony then.
That's expactly what's happening to me. Got my ceremony date for 6 June, but I'm away on my hols and now I'm trying to get hold of Essex to change the date...they still getting back to me... :evil:

Anyway, good luck with your application.

SK1

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 21, 2007 2:13 pm

According to the BIA website, the average application for Naturalisation is now taking just 2.45 months, well down on the average being reported just a few months ago.
John

champion

Post by champion » Mon May 21, 2007 2:37 pm

John wrote:According to the BIA website, the average application for Naturalisation is now taking just 2.45 months, well down on the average being reported just a few months ago.
John As I posted somewhere in this thread or another that the statistics is totally misleading.

I guess they calculated statistics by....
No of application awaiting aproval / time since they recd the app.

Now we know that BIA recd atleast 5 times more apps than usual so average will automatically come down (they have atleast 300 - 400 apps with awaiting tims as little as 1 day.

The ground reality is that people are waiting for 1 month just to get an ack

superrain
Newly Registered

Post by superrain » Mon May 21, 2007 8:52 pm

superrain wrote:
Since several members of this board were wondering about the progress of applications sumitted around the end of March, I would like to share my status here:

Date of submission or posting : 28 Mar 2007 (NCS)
Criteria : 4-Year Work Permit + 1-Year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 12 Apr 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 16 Apr 2007 (Dated on 12 Apr 2007)
Date of receipt of approval : ---
Ceremony innvitation letter: ---
Hi there, the latest update of my application status.

Date of submission or posting : 28 Mar 2007 (NCS East Kilbride)
Date of receipt of approval : 21 May 2007 (Dated on 9 May 2007)
Ceremony innvitation letter: Not yet, I need contact my local council within 14 days to make an appointment. Will do it tomorrow.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Champion, what you post is totally logical, the the statistic may bounce slightly upwards for a month or two, but then we read of the actual experience of Superrain ... many congratulations Superrain ... who got approved in under the stated average of 2.45 months.
John

superrain
Newly Registered

Post by superrain » Mon May 21, 2007 11:23 pm

John wrote:Champion, what you post is totally logical, the the statistic may bounce slightly upwards for a month or two, but then we read of the actual experience of Superrain ... many congratulations Superrain ... who got approved in under the stated average of 2.45 months.
John, thanks.

I guess it totally depends on individual circumstances as well as how dedicated the case worker was dealing with your application. So a bit logical elements plus a bit lucky elements there!

champion

Post by champion » Tue May 22, 2007 9:13 am

superrain wrote:
superrain wrote:
Since several members of this board were wondering about the progress of applications sumitted around the end of March, I would like to share my status here:

Date of submission or posting : 28 Mar 2007 (NCS)
Date of receipt of approval : ---
Ceremony innvitation letter: ---
Hi there, the latest update of my application status.

Date of submission or posting : 28 Mar 2007 (NCS East Kilbride)
Date of receipt of approval : 21 May 2007 (Dated on 9 May 2007)
Ceremony innvitation letter: Not yet, I need contact my local council within 14 days to make an appointment. Will do it tomorrow.
Congrates mate. Wish you all the best
I would like to point out that ur aproval is dated 9th may recd by you on 21st.

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Tue May 22, 2007 12:27 pm

SK1 wrote:
UKArgie wrote:
SK1 wrote:
Date of Receipt -------

That's expactly what's happening to me. Got my ceremony date for 6 June, but I'm away on my hols and now I'm trying to get hold of Essex to change the date...they still getting back to me... :evil:

Anyway, good luck with your application.

SK1
Cheers
I bet once I have booked the flights to Germany, hire cra and Hotels, I will get an invitations exaclty for those days...